• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Social What's your non drug addiction?

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
I'm not too bad as far as cell phone or tv, but I definitely spend too much time on the internet. What's your non drug addiciton/s?

I have a few. Ibuprofen and coffee for starters. I take ibuprofen like candy and I drink strong coffee all day, everyday. My cell phone is starting to become a problem, I spend hours a day online reading all sorts of things.

Coke Zero. I actually do consider myself addicted to it. Not as bad as drugs but I'm as equally addicted to it as I am cigarettes.
Proof of this:
1) I drink 8-12 cans a day, every day
2) I'm spending a lot more money on it than I'm comfortable with or can really afford yet repeatedly fail to decrease how much I drink
3) I get an awful, anxious "shit-what-am-I-gonna-do?" feeling if I run out/am running out

Without a doubt, I am addicted to bidding on Ebay. The rush isn't near as intense as my heroin high, but I consider it a transference of addictive behavior. I suffer some of the same
consequences of use...anxiety over spending money I don't really have to spare, time spent searching for that "perfect thing", the rush of bidding against unknown people and winning.
But then mentally crashing after the auction when reality hits...and I'm like "how the fuck am I going to pay for this shit?"

Purchasing used music equipment (synthesizers mostly) and drone gear. Also, coffee for sure. Not really caffeine in general, just coffee at the house.

Bluelights becoming a pretty bad one now too since it's update. I have it open on my phone more than Facebook or instagram or any of the other apps lol

Cutlary, cooking, PCP air rifle long range target shooting, archery. I love cars and motorcycles but expense of it is not letting it become an addiction.

Looking at dog memes
Petting cats & dogs in the street (I feel weird if I see a dog tied up outside a shop & don't go talk to it)
Coffee & Tobacco (I get really evil if I'm without both of these, I am a horrific addict to both sadly)
Thinking about MDPV (This is nearly as bad as when I actually used to smoke the stuff, I lament daily over the loss of this stuff)