• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Social What's your non drug addiction?

I can absolutely relate to your gaming addiction. Although I only occasionally play games now, I can remember in college blowing off studying and papers because “I just had to get to the next level” of my current game of addiction. This resulted in many B-‘s when I could/should have easily gotten A’s. Nowadays I occasionally play (not for real money) Vegas-style games but not much more. I have thought about getting back into some of the other games but I get to easily distracted and I fear I could play for hours and blow off all my responsibilities.

Sugar! Ice cream or here in New Jersey (dont know if it’s anywhere else) Rita’s wild cherry ice. Cake. Whatever. Next to opiates definitely sugar. Somehow I’m in good shape. Ok very good shape.

Sugar! Ice cream or here in New Jersey (dont know if it’s anywhere else) Rita’s wild cherry ice. Cake. Whatever. Next to opiates definitely sugar. Somehow I’m in good shape. Ok very good shape.

Speaking of ice cream. I forgot about food products. I'm totally addicted to Byrne Dairy Vanilla. I'm not normally a huge vanilla fan but this particular one I eat basically daily. =D

least addictive strangely is cocaine in any form
always leave the last line, shot or blast regardless

I would say gaming in my case. I can spend inordinately long periods of time playing games! Video games mostly at this point in time. I can spend days at a time playing Civilization for example. I also find the lure of competitive gaming to be quite large. I played Starcraft competitively as a youth & am looking at getting back into playing certain games more competitively. I'd avoided multi-player games over the years until recently due to my tendency to be overly competitive. I find some gaming to be much akin to gambling as in some cases the risk to reward ratio for various events ends up being basically a gamble. At the moment my game of choice is Magic: The Gathering. I'm playing on the MTG: Arena client & find it quite addictive to me. I spent a good chunk of time this week racing to Mythic for a website contest. I managed to not only succeed at being one of the first 10 to Mythic in the contest but ended up in the top 50 ladder ranks overall! Considering it was my first time trying & basically my first time hitting Mythic as well I was super surprised to have done as well as I did & am super happy about it. Totally did not expect to succeed on my first try let alone rank so high overall. :)

I really enjoy the feeling of setting my mind to something & accomplishing it. I guess I could call that an addiction to the high that comes from 'winning' or success. Other than that I am pretty bad about binge watching entertainment. Anime in particular I find myself getting hooked on & watching through. I'll throw that on the list as my wife seems to think it should be. That's another thing I spend a great amount of time on. Big fan of anime. That's the first things that pop to mind when I think of things that might qualify as "addictions" though I'm sure I have plenty more. ;)

Those RPG games used to be the shit back in the days, I remember WoW being a 18+ when now you have edgy kids with internet but also a bad game. Idk. 2006 - 2014 had something.

Love coffee but recently moved onto decaff
Exercise, but I'm either full on obsessed, or off
Cars is where I spend my money