Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

What's your new favorite show?

and fuck me - i've been in that holding cell, restaurant, parking lot. the drag queen scene in jail - i lived that in that room.

[spoilers] what kills me (haha) is how that guy got shot down by the popo and it wasn't even worth them talking about [/spoilers]

"Dodge Charger: The official car of making a statement without saying anything at all."

Obviously the County lock-up episode is way up there, it's the people's choice.

My other favorite on the year was the Juneteenth episode. So much going on there.

Forgot to mention, the pilot episode to the new FX series Legion aired this past Wednesday, and was excellent.

Essentially, it's Noah Hawley, creator of Fargo[i/] (the TV series) doing a story that exists within the X-Men Universe.

First episode was exceptionally well-produced, and it succeeded in its goal to provide the audience with a cyberpsychedelic mindfuck.

Highly recommended.

Also, don't forget about The Americans and The Leftovers.

The HBO miniseries Big Little Lies surprised the hell out of me and turned out to be one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. I was initially skeptical based on the trailers that aired before the show because it appeared to be another Bravo/E! network piece of cheap chickflick trash that focuses on affluent white women while remaining completely tone deaf to issues effecting the rest of us in the real world, just airing on HBO this time (which, incidentally, is why I bothered giving it a shot, based on HBO's excellent track record).

Turns out it is something of a deconstruction of that genre, although that is not its primary focus. I'm going to remain vague for the sake of spoilers, as stating the actual premise or theme of the series qualifies as a spoiler in this case, as it could be argued that the central premise and themes of the show do not come into focus until the finale, thus I will only state that it is about issues effecting women.

Nothing pleases me more in film or television than great female characters who are well-rounded and realistic. Some of the greatest shows of all time wrote notoriously terrible female characters (my all time favorite series in Breaking Bad comes to mind), and as such I am always ecstatic to come across programs where well written women are in the lead. Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman revived and perhaps did the best work of their careers.

I highly recommend giving it a shot.

Atlanta was great - very clever/funny.

Peaky Blinders was brilliant. Best series over the last few years. Really hope there is another season.

Currently watching Stranger Things and I'm digging it so far.

Atlanta was great - very clever/funny.

Peaky Blinders was brilliant. Best series over the last few years. Really hope there is another season.

Currently watching Stranger Things and I'm digging it so far.

There's gonna be another Peaky Blinders season, but they unfortunately cancelled Marco Polo. :(

Stranger Things is pretty awesome. If you like it so far, keep watchin'-- it only gets better.

Started watching Better Call Saul since The Walking Dead went off. Pretty good so far.

There's gonna be another Peaky Blinders season, but they unfortunately cancelled Marco Polo. :(

Stranger Things is pretty awesome. If you like it so far, keep watchin'-- it only gets better.

Haven't seen Marco Polo, but great news about Peaky Blinders.

Finished Stranger Things and it was very good. Think i will start on The Leftovers next.

HBO's Crashing
New series by Judd Apatow about how comics live on & off stage. Has promise

MV5BMTkyNjIwOTgwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjgwMzA0MTI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
MV5BNzA5NDE0ODExMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQzNzY3MTI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

And of course the final season of Leftovers- April 16th

Haven't seen Marco Polo, but great news about Peaky Blinders.

Finished Stranger Things and it was very good. Think i will start on The Leftovers next.

My man, you should do yourself a favor and check out Marco Polo next. It's better if you start with the 30 minute prequel that's called Marco Polo: Legend of One Hundred Eyes or something similar. It explains the origin of a really central, really awesome character and how he's come to serve Kublai Khan when Marco Polo gets thrown into the mix, because without it he seems like a stereotypical bad-ass warrior monk kind of guy that's there for no reason really.

But god damn, man, give it a shot. Maybe if more people watch it on Netflix they might change their minds about a season 3 some time in the future... the main reason they cancelled it, from what I can tell, was the extravagant production costs. I can't remember exactly, but each season was comparable to a Game of Thrones season in terms of production costs but it didn't get the ratings to justify the spending, which was such a shame because about 6 months ago I would've posted on this thread that Marco Polo was my current new favorite show (this fight's a bit of a climactic point in season one, just a fair, minor spoiler warning):

NSFW:

The fight scenes are amazing, but in season two they really outdid themselves with massive war-scenes involving the Golden Horde. I was desperately hoping for a third season, man. :(

As of right now, Season 3 : Rick & Morty lol Normally I love the usual; GoT, Arrow, Gotham, Bob's Burgers, Star Trek, American Dad, Family Guy, Cosmos, I love watching BBC Nature Documentaries. LMAO Never actually typed that out, I am a real NERD! ahahh

As of right now, Season 3 : Rick & Morty lol Normally I love the usual; GoT, Arrow, Gotham, Bob's Burgers, Star Trek, American Dad, Family Guy, Cosmos, I love watching BBC Nature Documentaries. LMAO Never actually typed that out, I am a real NERD! ahahh

Is season 3 actually airing now? I thought the first episode was leaked way early...

That's dope, though, I'ma have to look for it tonight.

I thought Big Little Lies was excellent... but then I re-watched S. 3 Ep. 1 of The Sopranos last night and, damn, that shit blew every episode of BLL (except the finale) out of the water. It's probably unfair to make a litmus test for current dramas coming out so I would still recommend Big Little Lies to someone who needs new entertainment.

And of course the final season of Leftovers- April 16th

Holy shit, somebody else watches it! :D

I have one friend who watches the show, and he is literally the only person in my extended network of friends, acquaintances, co-workers, or fellow hobbyists who watches it. It's unbelievable how small the fanbase is for how excellent a program it is. It genuinely makes me happy to see someone else bring it up. Rarified company :)

Think i will start on The Leftovers next.

Best decision you have ever made. Just be sure to stick with it until the end of the third episode, whether you are enjoying the show or not. The pilot to The Leftovers is objectively terrible, on multiple levels. The first 20 minutes or so are strong, but then it gets bad. No matter how bad it gets, just push through it.

Episode 2 isn't bad, but it's not enough to recover from episode 1.

Then along comes episode 3, and you find your skull split open and your mind spread across the living room floor. As your mind will continue to do periodically (and with alarming consistency) for the entire series, from S1 Ep3 on out . It just keeps getting better, and better, and better, from S1 Ep3 to S3 Ep2.

That said, if you get past episode 3 and you still don't like it, then it probably isn't for you. Just be sure to push at least that far

I just recently finished watching second season of The Expanse and I got to say I'm hooked, can't wait for season 3. For a fan of space and sci fi this shows has it all.

When it comes to TV shows that I'm not watching life I'm more of a season per day kind of guy.