trunkofmycar

Bluelighter
I like all TBS' new shows:
People of Earth
Wrecked
The Detour
Angie Tribeca
Search Party is okay too

Seen any other good shows lately? I need a break from all the TBS, haha.

Well... new favorite shows change all the time...

At the moment I've been binge-watching the CW/DC superhero shows, though. I caught The Flash on Netflix a few months ago and fell in love with that shit, and moved on to Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.

The Flash is the best out of them all, imo, but they're all dope in different ways.... The Flash focuses on really out there scif-fi/fantasy tropes like time-travel, super-powered humans and the occasional alien, Arrow's generally more dark/serious and focuses a lot on human nature and how power can corrupt anybody, Legends of Tomorrow is just a fun ass time-traveling superhero show, and Supergirl is basically Superman but as a girl-- stereotypical, good-natured, tons of evil aliens and played by a gorgeous Melissa Benoist so I don't complain much despite it being my least favorite of the four.

And I've never read a comic book in my life and generally don't like superhero movies, so I was pretty surprised to find myself so caught up in this shit lately.

I also feel like I need to put the disclaimer out there that I tend to be pretty fuckin' high when I watch this type of shit. Makes it easier to just go with the flow with some of the stuff they air.

Netflix: Narcos 5 stars
HULU: Hells kitchen, Billy on the street,
Southpark: all seasons on hulu; bloody Mary and insecurity are the BEST episodes out of all seasons which is difficult with how many episodes they have. They feature bane masks in insecurity omg so awesome.

At the moment I've been binge-watching the CW/DC superhero shows, though. I caught The Flash on Netflix a few months ago and fell in love with that shit, and moved on to Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.

The Flash is the best out of them all, imo, but they're all dope in different ways.... The Flash focuses on really out there scif-fi/fantasy tropes like time-travel, super-powered humans and the occasional alien, Arrow's generally more dark/serious and focuses a lot on human nature and how power can corrupt anybody, Legends of Tomorrow is just a fun ass time-traveling superhero show, and Supergirl is basically Superman but as a girl-- stereotypical, good-natured, tons of evil aliens and played by a gorgeous Melissa Benoist so I don't complain much despite it being my least favorite of the four.

And I've never read a comic book in my life and generally don't like superhero movies, so I was pretty surprised to find myself so caught up in this shit lately.

I also feel like I need to put the disclaimer out there that I tend to be pretty fuckin' high when I watch this type of shit. Makes it easier to just go with the flow with some of the stuff they air.

Bro watch Gotham on hulu it has a young batman alot of the villains old and new even howard stern loves this show

I like the Flash as well. I haven't watched much of this season but last season with Zoom was really good.

The Magicians on syfy is probably my favorite new show and I'm looking forward to 24 Legacy.

Nothing at the moment. It was WestWorld for a while.

Will probably be the new season of The Expanse when it comes back in February.

The Magicians on syfy is probably my favorite new show and I'm looking forward to 24 Legacy.

i really like that show - but it may be because it's a harry potter version of my grad school experience. i also loved the sense8 xmas special. sense8 is *sexy* and good sci fi. sense8 is no nonsense queer. no happy fags marching into the american dream death machine, this is real. and somehow, the show is not at all about sexuality - it's about the sense8. you put together the wachosky sibs with the guy who wrote babylon5.....this is it.

I love the story in the show and each episode keeps you guessing what will happen next or when we will find out certain things! I usually can’t watch an episode without crying at least once!

i really like that show - but it may be because it's a harry potter version of my grad school experience. i also loved the sense8 xmas special. sense8 is *sexy* and good sci fi. sense8 is no nonsense queer. no happy fags marching into the american dream death machine, this is real. and somehow, the show is not at all about sexuality - it's about the sense8. you put together the wachosky sibs with the guy who wrote babylon5.....this is it.

Season 2 starts Wednesday! :D

Dope to see there's other Flash fans out here, I'm the only one I know of.

Bro watch Gotham on hulu it has a young batman alot of the villains old and new even howard stern loves this show

Dude, I always saw that on Netflix and stayed away from it because I never really got into the whole Batman thing (just like my reasoning for every other comic-based show ever) and your suggestion had me like fuck it.

So I watched the first episode some time Friday or Saturday and I'm about to hit the season 1 final right now.

Awesome fuckin' show.

i am watching taboo with tom hardy in the lead. it's dark, atmospheric and excellent.

MV5BMTYyNTQwNzk0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDAyMDI2MDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

alasdair

(FavsAt1point)
Office(u.s)
Sunny in Philly
Scrubs (not finished)
Simpsons
Curb your enthusiasm

(Current)
South park(comes and goes threw the years lol)

i am watching taboo with tom hardy in the lead. it's dark, atmospheric and excellent.

MV5BMTYyNTQwNzk0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDAyMDI2MDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

alasdair

Indeed. Some television critics whose opinions' I generally tend to value absolutely shit all over it, but it's going pretty well so far.

As far as shows currently airing seasons right now are concerned, I still have Taboo second to The Young Pope, which has been fantastic.

Both of these programs still pale in comparison to the trifecta of The Americans, The Leftovers, and Westworld, when speaking of shows that are still active but not in the midst of a season right now. I've hyped The Americans and The Leftovers in at least three threads on BL alone thus far, because it triggers me that nobody is watching them and they are therefore so easily overlooked whenever discussions of the greatest shows currently on television are concerned. Not only are they the greatest currently on television, but they exist within the pantheon of the greatest (serialized) television programs of all time, in rarefied company with the likes of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Wire.

If any of you do give The Leftovers a shot, I highly suggest you push through to the third episode, because the pilot is terrible. The first 20 minutes of the pilot are fine, but the final 40 are so bad that they essentially ruin the second episode, which I have found to be perfectly fine on rewatch. If you aren't sold by the end of the third episode, which is one of the greatest episodes of television I have ever seen, then forget it.

Also, as far as documentary series are concerned, I caught the first two episodes of Hate Thy Neighbour on Viceland and they were excellent.

^^Tom Hardy's pretty fuckin' good in Peaky Blinders, so just on the strength of that I think I'll check out Taboo. I'd never heard of it until this thread.

^^Tom Hardy's pretty fuckin' good in Peaky Blinders, so just on the strength of that I think I'll check out Taboo. I'd never heard of it until this thread.

I think Taboo is the type of show that you have to be a Hardy fan to understand. He does that intimidating psycho always teetering at the crossroads of madness, misunderstood genius, and the constant threat of impulsive, unprovoked and savage violence role so well, it's just a load of fun to watch. His role in this show reminds me of his performance in Bronson, if Charles Bronson existed in 1814 London after disappearing to Africa for 10 years, and had a bit more impulse control and sense.

I love it, but it's definitely not for everyone. Genuinely impressed with the amount of F-bombs they have been dropping on a regular basis; are they the first show to do this on Basic Cable?

Atlanta

wow - this is the new boondocks. fuck tyler perry, fuck obama, this is black america.

Last edited:
Atlanta

wow - this is the new boondocks. fuck tyler perry, fuck obama, this is black america.

Yes. This is also one of my favorite new series' to come out within the past year.

When I think of Atlanta, the first word that immediately pops into my mind is authenticity.

The BET parody episode was the best, IMO.