• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's your benzo of choice: experiences and reasons...

Xanax... because it's actually pleasurable, short-lasting, and nips any anxiety issues in the bud.

Valium is second, would be better if it didn't last so long. (The long duration is a downside to me because I don't like being so benzo-impaired for ages.)

I don't think it's necessarily that you can't feel benzos, it's that you're so retarded after taking them that you don't notice the effects.

Haha thats true. I had a 2 day diazepam binge a while back, and i have barely any memories of what it even felt like.

Benzo Euphoria? - The Ongoing Debate

I don't know how many times I have read adamant claims by a great body of members on bluelight and elsewhere that benzodiazepines are not euphoric, but pleasurable only for those with intense anxiety who receive a "rush of relief" from these drugs, or that they may be euphoric when combined with other substances, but remain relatively dull when administered on their own.

Euphoria, however, is a vague label used to describe a subjective state of mind. I associate euphoria primarily with stimulants (MDMA and IV methamphetamine in particular). However, I also feel strongly that certain benzodiazepines produce powerful euphoric effects.

I consider alprazolam at doses of 2-3mg to have absolutely blissful effects. The feeling of profound peace, joy, relaxation and enhanced empathy during social interactions, coupled with a lovely body buzz in which all your muscles feel like warm jello, are commonly experienced symptoms of alprazolam intoxication which I would certainly characterize as euphoric.

Temazepam is another benzo that makes me feel like I'm on cloud-9. Diazepam can also produce this effect, though it is very short-lived despite the drug's tremendously long half-life, and I can only achieve it with my first dose after a long abstinence from all benzos.

Clonazepam actually makes me feel dysphoric, irritable and aggressive. Paradoxical reactions out the ass with this one!

I've tried many more but won't go through a complete drug by drug run down. I just want to know, why so many consider these drugs to have no recreational value, yet they are widely and heavily abused by many users who absolutely love the high they get from them.

^ true. However, when I mix phenibut with pyrazolam, that's seriously euphoric right now for me, for some reason.

Maybe the "euphoria" is the effect of anxiety being washed away? I'm not an anxious person as a rule, so I've never experienced it myself, the sense of calm is okay, though.

Diazepam has always been euphoric , well as long as I don't take it on a daily basis. Other benzo's not really.

Strict benzos dont really give me euphoria and im a very anxious person (diagnosed GAD with panic) but the pseudo benzos are another thing entirely!.
Zopiclone gives me huge amounts of euphoria, sitting staring into space while giggling to myself, sort of euphoria.
Etizolam isnt as dramatic as that but the euphoria is very close in feel to what I experience on opiates.
I consider opiates to be the gold standard for euphoria so ill put my vote with etizolam as it has that 'pure, clean euphoria' instead of the 'dirty, drugged off your mind feel of zopiclone.
Hands down one of the best euphorias is using pregabalin and a decent opiate together...the constipation is unholy though.lol

Last edited:
Temazepam and alprazolam seem to be exceptions to this in many, many people.

On the whole, for the average user, benzos are not acutely euphoric.

Alprazolam/Flunitrazepam/Clonazepam and the Z-drugs can all cause a kind of drunken euphoria for me. The Z drugs especially, they actually have some real "feel good" component added to them.

The rest will cause me relaxation and relief from anxiety, but I would not call it euphoria.

^
How could I forget good old roofies?lol
Id like to add my vote to flunitrazepam. I cant remember exactly how euphoric they were but in sensible doses, they were alot of fun!lol

Your question doesn't have a factual answer. Its subjective. Every individual person gets different effects and every individual experience will feel different too.
I get very strong euphoria from alprazolam, and to a lesser intensity in diazepam and clonazepam. I get absolutely no euphoria from the few opiates I've tried (codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone), just an odd 'fuzzy' feeling, which I hear some people enjoy, but I find it useless. Alcohol does not make me feel good in any way. MDMA doesn't give me euphoria -it has that unique feeling to it, good and bad at the same time- but its not the feeling that I do it for. I've heard that psychedelic drugs are euphoric, but in all my experience of using them I never felt euphoria...maybe its that intense spiritual and serene feeling they're trying to describe...maybe its something different that I do not get. I don't have experience with recreational stimulants.

Benzo's aint opiates, that's for damn sure. But the the concept of euphoria is totally subjective. Not caring about anything in the world is definitely awesome, but euphoric, IDK?

I'd say the only time I experienced true, overwhelming euphoria was mdma years back; opiates made me feel great, but I wouldn't say euphoric. With benzos it's no more than an incredible sense of calm.

Diazepam gives me a feeling of well being and makes me feel very confident,great for job interviews etc.
I've never really noticed any beneficial feelings from taking Temazepam & yet my friend loves it.

When the feelings start to come up after I eat a Diazepam I feel intense feelings of positivity, like everything in the world is alright, everything in the world is in its right place. My mood will be greatly improved for the next two days actually.

Some people find benzos euphoric. Others don't. Some people find alcohol euphoric, some dont. Some people find marijuana euphoric, others dont. Etc. etc. etc.
/thread

What makes benzodiazapines euphoric is what they do. If you are a person that has anxiety, Insomnia, Panic attacks, is on edge, ect. Then they are going to make you feel 100 better. For example if your having panic attack or a terrible coke come down and you take some xanax. Your anxiety will go away and you'll probably get some sleep.

Sometimes I get really anxious and have panic attacks for no reason. I also have trouble sleeping at night. So taking a drug like klonopin isn't euphoric like MDMA euphoric. It's something that allows me to sleep better at night, feel more relaxed, and have tons of great social discussions. So that is essentially euphoria, being able to get rid of the "worry" in head. Although I do have to admit tolerance builds quick and the good effects disappear fast. That's why it's really good to only take benzos once in awhile and not get a script.

Valium makes me feel good also. Maybe even better then klonopin. Xanax is a hit or a miss, sometimes it has that euphoria. Other times it doesn't give that perfect high you expect from it. The high from benzos is always going to be different depending on how you were feeling before, your tolerance and general body chemistry.

So it's okay to take them once in awhile if you want to relax on the weekend. But it is the worst drug to abuse for recreational purpose bar none for the consequences.

The only reason I consider taking a benzo at all these days is during times of Insomnia or intense panic. Otherwise I just try to deal with it. They are not good to be taken everyday unless your in a very bad situation.

Diazepam is the benzo that makes me feel much comfortable, though i've to get 80-100mg..(the fuckin tolerance). Flunitrazepam is euphoric, but taking it (at big doses, too..), after a couple of days, i feel guilty...IDK why..I never understand why alprazolam consider to be so euphoric..it doesn't make me feel euphoric, it only gives a cold-like feeling..i'm sure that the benzo euphoric's a subjective thing, as allready told, the same drug works different for different persons...

MartinFn

I find the shorter acting ones like xanax and ativan to be more euphoric , because they are hitting you hard for a short period of time. The ones with longer half life aren't really euphoric unless you take a strong dose. The euphoria isn't that great, it's more of a great sense of peace and relaxation / confidence.

Where as opiates give you dopamine pleasure, you feel great about your self and feel more rewarded about things you have done or are doing. Opiates ftw