Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Pregabalin

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Phenibut

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think he's just trolling you to get a reaction TBH lol.
From what I've seen you're actually obviously a very intelligent and well-informed person.
He really isn’t trolling me when he brings up the fact he believes it’s a gabapentionoid due to the fact “it’s nearly identical to phenibut and acts on gaba B”.

Whether he’s trolling or not, it’s incorrect information to be spouting and saying that you need to take more of baclofen for it to be a gabapentinoid or whatever bullshit he’s thinking in his head, it is dangerous.

He really isn’t trolling me when he brings up the fact he believes it’s a gabapentionoid due to the fact “it’s nearly identical to phenibut and acts on gaba B”.

Whether he’s trolling or not, it’s incorrect information to be spouting and saying that you need to take more of baclofen for it to be a gabapentinoid or whatever bullshit he’s thinking in his head, it is dangerous.

Yes. A big part of this forum was intended for Harm Reduction and I think we do need to be careful about misinformation or causing somebody with zero tolerance to think it's safe to take 50ml Methadone.
Even if we're joking (and when I joke/exaggerate I do my best to make it obvious that I'm joking) we should at least pause a second and think "Could this post cause someone harm?". The Lounge if a free-for-all and anything goes but in other threads - especially serious ones - it's different. We should obey the first line of the doctors creed: "First, Do No Harm".

To provide some closure here, baclofen is absolutely a gabapentinoid. Gabapentinoids are simply the GABA backbone substituted at the 3rd position. The definition is by structure, not a therapeutic class of drug (like for instance, an opioid which can have a myriad of structures but still be an opioid). A gabapentinoid is defined by a structure, and baclofen is a gabapentinoid since it conforms to this.

And clearly Phenibut is also a gabapentinoid. Phenibut is simply deschlorobaclofen. They both have the same sub at position three, only difference being that baclofen is chlorinated on the 4 position of the phenyl ring whereas phenibut is not. 4-fluorophenibut is even closer with a fluorine in place of baclofen's chlorine, making it somewhat less potent than baclofen (but more potent than phenibut). Phenibut is simply beta phenyl gaba and baclofen is beta (4-chloro phenyl) gaba, f-phenibut is beta (4-fluoro) phenyl gaba; they are all beta phenyl gaba analogs and as such are gabapentinoids. Of course a phenyl substitution isnt required, as seen with gabapentin, with a cyclohexane ring, but its again at the 3 position.

*Heres an illustration i made just for you guys:

Last edited:
For me I prefer gabapentin over pregabalin for the simple reason of the dose that i take from both effects me differently from exp.

300mg pregabalin once off dose knocks me hard and all at once and in a short time frame. for me to explain this its like taking 3 tequila shots in a row. I feel it instantly and hits me hard putting me directly on the playing field. Where as;

900mg gabapentin spread out in 3 divided dosages is like taking 3 tequilas shots spread out, slowly taking me to the playing in controlled stages, if this makes any sense.

So overall i like pregabalin for instant onset and gabapentin for a long onset that i can control throughout the day and not use as much and be a bit more in control, but this is my own personal exp. Please keep in mind.

But also a combo off the 2 is nice. Like having 75mg pregabalin and 300mg gabapentin in one dose. So the pregabalin kicks in first and the gabapentin 2nd making it nice to ride the 2 together as the one kicks in as the other starts working out.

Never had Phenibut but I prefer Gabapentin to Pregabalin. Gabapentin makes me really relaxed and moderately euphoric (like I'm really relaxed, but I don't get that "I HAVE TO SLEEP" feeling some sedatives give you and I'm just super-content and everything seems lovely).
Pregabalin actually didn't give me euphoria. Very little mentally at all, but it fucked my body up in a bad way. Like I couldn't really walk or control my muscles. I know Pregabalin is pretty popular but it's not for me.
I too prefer gabapentin to pregabalin and I do have acess to both. I actually told my doc I would rather stay on gabapentin than switch to lyrica. But I thought I was alone in those side effects. Pregabalin goes right to my head and I feel like I am going to sieze if I took more. I can take up to 400 mgs . But my gut turns as I feel like danger is around the corner. Gabapentin seems much gentler and has a subtle body and head euphoria that pregabalin does not have for me. We may be in the minority but I have seen people post they also prefer gabapenbtin. Just glad to know I am not crazy. ;) And I am all about not kicking up tolerance with stronger drugs when the milder ones work very well.

I use to really like phenibut. Used it occasionally for years. But now I do like gabapentin better.

Looking for any natural gabapentinoids that may pop up. I wonder what we will find.

@MsDiz i should quoted the post but a ways back you implied Gabapentin and Pregabalin hit GHB receptors while Baclofen does not. Is this true? I was under the impression they didn’t.

-GC

Will be interested to see if Phenibut holds its position.

I imagine a lot more people have tried phenibut over the other ones as it is easy to get in most places compared to the others - so wonder if that explains any of the results.

I did not vote since I have just done phenibut. Not a huge fan of phenibut and I found the difference in dosage between feeling relaxed vs feeling sick to be very small - at least for me. Lyrica sounds like it is much more fun.
Pregabalin is overrated imo. I prefer gabapentin and phenibut but that's cos all I feel from Lyrica is dizziness and tense, but the next day is nicer if I take it in the evening

@MsDiz i should quoted the post but a ways back you implied Gabapentin and Pregabalin hit GHB receptors while Baclofen does not. Is this true? I was under the impression they didn’t.

-GC

Something tells me you know the answer to this already 🤔