Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

I think my all-time, most hated piece-of-absolute-shit film goes to...

The 2004 film "Catwoman" starring Halle Berry. I bet she wishes she could scrub that from her filmography. It was so fucking bad and I just checked on Rotten Tomatoes and it seems people agree with my consensus (18% audience score/ (9% critic score). i think it traumatized me it was so bad. Also, no one can top Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. What a tumor of a movie that was...

For me it's a toss-up between Kitchen Party (1997) and Antitrust (2001).

Reactions: CFC
The Cobbler

maxresdefault.jpg

An Adam Sandler flick.

Its pretty fucking bad.

In fact it's so bad it's an entertaining flick to watch when hammered.

So it it still qualifies despite that, I'll rest on this one.

Last edited:
I love how there's a ten-year gap between posts a few pages back.

It's very hard, if not impossible to pin down the worst film I've ever seen. Too many contenders. But I do have a broad sense of what types of films push all the wrong buttons for me. So let's get this out of the way first: incompetent, low-budget schlock is almost always too charming to make the list. Sure, there's some unwatchable stuff out there (straight to VOD Steven Seagal anyone?), but it tends to just get lost in the miasma, and you can't get too mad at the makers. At least there's not too much pretense, and you can usually get a few good laughs out of those.

Movies that really offend me tend to be high-budget, expertly shot features that are unabashedly derivative of other works and that take themselves very, very seriously. Shit like 2002's Equilibrium. What is it even trying to achieve? It's just a hare-brained, tired, incoherent and predictable mashup of all the famous 20th century works of dystopian sci-fi (1984, Fahrenheit 451, etc.) wrapped in Matrix-style aesthetics (carefully choreographed action scenes with countless slow-motion shots) and carried by a ceaseless, tacky electronic score. Laughable in every respect.

Or how about Alex Garland's Dredd (2012)? Wasn't the original comic supposed to be satire? Doesn't Garland get that by making this po-faced and serious he's asking the audience to root for an utter fascist with no personality or depth? The shootout scenes have "exciting" music pumping in the background, so it's pretty unambiguous that we're being told Dredd is a badass. This one left me scratching my head. I found it offensive and disturbing.

It's astonishingly bad. The worst film I've seen for years.

This inspired me to find the 'worst movie' thread, which I thought I'd posted in but I suppose not.

The WORST film I ever watched was Find the Lady (1976) with John Candy. I couldn't tell you the story at all, all I remember was John Candy being a cop or a detective with a familiar faced partner, and everything about the film sucked horribly. And yes, I watched the whole thing.
220px-Findthelady.jpg

Second worst was probably The Barbarians (1987) with two body builders with no acting skills put in a Conan wannabe. Don't recall any story either. I do recall my buddy and I walking in, realizing we were the ONLY people in the theater, and him talking me into leaving after 20min.
220px-The-Barbarians-poster.jpg

Just about every film after 2017 at the very very latest, but I’m sure I could keep scrolling back in time to the last actual decent film.

I'll raise your Titanic, and say ...
1917. Insipid

Not seen it, but I'll take your word for it mate.

Actually, 'Naked Lunch' has got to be one of the shittest film adaptations of a shit book I've ever seen. It was wank.

Actually, 'Naked Lunch' has got to be one of the shittest film adaptations of a shit book I've ever seen. It was wank.

what? i love that movie... but you gotta say, something llike naked lunch cannnot be made into a movie that easily.

Star Crash the first movie that capitalized on Star Wars by copying it every way possible & selling impressionable small kids like me that it would be every bit as cool as Star Wars. Just look at the trailer: