• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin what's the safest way to do heroin?

Oral absorption is around 35%... Not great, but not completely wasteful either. Smoking is like 50% absorption and snorting is just over that on average. This is relative to IV, which is considered 100%.
Yeah, but you won't avoid first-pass metabolism. Right?

Still, I've used with every other roa except oral. Just for curiosity's sake, I'd like to try that out at least once. Of course I'd be throwing away money since I'd have to triple my dose.

Its not just a horribly low bio availability when taken orally, its no longer even heroin. It turns into morphine, which is much less potent. So i wouldnt be surprised if you had to take well over triple your normal dose.

Its not just a horribly low bio availability when taken orally, its no longer even heroin. It turns into morphine, which is much less potent. So i wouldnt be surprised if you had to take well over triple your normal dose.

It's turned into Morphine (and a few other metabolites) no matter what route you take it. It's much more lipid soluble when taken I.V. or any other method removing first-pass metabolism, which gives it more "power" to cross the BBB.
Then it's formed into things like 6-MAM and yer Morphine.

Heroin only exists for a small while in the body before it's spirited away into other compounds, so I guess you could say that it's only Heroin when it's not been ingested or it's in the process of being ingested ;) =D

Yeah, but you won't avoid first-pass metabolism. Right?

Still, I've used with every other roa except oral. Just for curiosity's sake, I'd like to try that out at least once. Of course I'd be throwing away money since I'd have to triple my dose.

Yeah, deacetylation to morphine would be the major effect of the first-pass metabolism that the other routes don't have. It is basically acting as a prodrug for morphine when used orally, then.

I thought it acted as a prodrug to morphine regardless of the ROA? Was under the impression that the molecules binding to the mu receptor were solely morphine, hat all DAM and MAM would be metabolized to morphine first?

I'm not sure what the "safest" way would be but with H it's hard to quit, even when you want too.

Does your friend want to change the way their using it? Do they want to slow down or quit? H addicts don't quit for someone else, they have a hard enough time quitting for themselves.

Either way I wish you both luck. :)

I thought it acted as a prodrug to morphine regardless of the ROA? Was under the impression that the molecules binding to the mu receptor were solely morphine, hat all DAM and MAM would be metabolized to morphine first?

The acetyl groups help penetrate the BBB quickly, though. Once in the brain the groups are removed, but not before having this effect.

^
I thought it didn't have an effect by itself. Just a prodrug for morphine and 6mam.

Also, I believe something like 40% of what gets absorbed through plugging goes through first pass.

^You're right on both accounts. What I meant by "before having effect" was before penetrating the BBB. The acetyl groups allow it to penetrate much easier; this in itself is the effect I was describing, not actual binding to a receptor and causing activity.

The rectal figure I don't recall exactly, but from memory it's "like half" that gets subjected to it.

there is no safe way to do heroin you never no how pure it is or what it is cut with trust me im a seasoned attuc who got help but still dabble if your going to do heroin id suggest sniffing it starting with a small line and wait about 20 min until doing more this way you decrease your chance of overdose

so back to the point, as far as ROA, the safest to your body while not compromising your buzz would be to snort it rather than shoot. Smoking seems to be a waste and hurts the shit out of your lungs, which means it must be doing some kind of damage there, and with tar, its so harsh , i cant even take a big enough hit to be high without killing the shit out of my lungs. As far as addiction though, if someone snorts it all the time without giving their system a chance to clear out, they're gonna get hooked when the withdrawls pop up, just the same as if they were shooting it. I must say though that once you shoot it, it becomes about that initial rush and not the nice, long, mellow buzz that follows snorting. Chances are, if you start snorting, you eventually will try the needle. Some people might never shoot, but from what ive seen, the urge to further your buzz pushes you in that direction, so you must always understand the potential danger at hand whenever you use H

Must quit for yourself

The safest way to do Heroin without is to snort it but OD is still possible. Also most heroin users will still shoot as their tolerance grows. I have been using Heroin for many years; nobody could get me to quit. I had to come to a point where I wanted to quit for myself. It is a personal choice to use or not. It is very difficult to quit; I have 6 weeks clean time and still crave H every day. I smoke reefer but it is a poor substitute.

Smoking seems to be a waste

From the figures I've seen, the BA of smoked heroin is almost double that of snorted heroin. The smoke isn't in the least bit harsh either. That's UK freebase heroin though, tar is full of all sorts of shit so probably is harsher on the lungs.

The safest way to do Heroin without is to snort it but OD is still possible. .

No. Smoking smack IS the safest way of smoking it - it just is.

The chances of OD'ig when you snort it, is much higher than when you smoke it.

I can't even see how you could OD when smoking it. I'm sure if you actually tried to OD through smoking, then you might make yourself ill - but through normal use, then theres just no doubt - smoking is the safest route.

although i agree that a person will not quit unless they want to I think it is also good for them to know when they choose to that they have someone there. If you care about her make sure you let her know there is help out there, find rehabs, methadone clinics , or suboxone doctors and when she is ready you will have some good feedback for her.

Please do not give her money or rides for dope. Maybe some people will disagree with me but my father did that for yrs and i used drugs way to long and maybe if i didnt have such easy access to money etc i would have quit sooner. When i stopped is about a yr after my father gave me money, cars, bailed me out of jail and i am now on suboxone and i have been of heroin for a few yrs, I still messed up with some other drugs for a little bit but i am not living that life now and It kind of sucks that I am now late thirties .

My dad meant well and he loves me very much and he is still my rock but now i do things for him .

Addicts will take advantage of anyone even if they love you, when addicted nothing is more important than getting well.

I will though say when i was ready my dad was there and I dont know I felt kind of hopeless and without him and other family members who stood by me I may have just given up .

There is no safe way to do heroin! There is only kind of safe ways. No matter what way you do it Chances are you will go back to shooting because it is the strongest way plus the needle is an addiction in itself. Also whether you shoot, eat, snort, plug, smoke it wont matter if it is laced with something or to strong you can overdose anyway you do it. Although easiest way to over dose is shooting. My opinion and my experience only ash

Once you fuck with needles youre not going back to smoking it.all the people that say that nobody stops h without wanting to must know how it is to be a junkie cause its true.i had to overdose and wake up in the hosbital 2 times then overdose and was left for dead (whooo I lived) before I decided maybe I should stop,but my best freind and cousin didnt have such luck.may they r.i.p.

Once you fuck with needles youre not going back to smoking it.

I've known many longterm IV users who have gone back to smoking but generally only cos their veins were so trashed they were forced to rest them for a good while. Broadly speaking I would tend to agree that most folks who discover the joys of pins and needles would struggle to go back to using "lesser" ROA.

^
That is true, but they usualy do only stop cause of that or they just muscle it.i have also seen people that cant hit themselves smoke because they dont have anybody around to do it for them.

First post, yay! Anyway the safest way to do heroin IMO is smoking and I agree with everyone who said that for this one reason alone. New users don't know what they're doing and I've seen big guys go down because they can "handle their shit". Like posts above me stated, you would fall asleep or pass out before you OD'd smoking heroin. And yes this isn't that mexican tar garbage is the "chasing the dragon-Jerry Garcia+Trey vapor shit" If you blow smoke out it's cuz you held you're lighter on the foil in one spot for too long and sucked in some ash smoke.

TA DAAAA!!! There's the first and here's to many more. eh?