Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i found terminator II to be the best out of the series but the first is also really good. then theres terminator 3, also really good. the ones that followed then were not that great, with the latest beeing one of the lamest.
As far as sequels go, T2 was one of the best ever. I just liked the original better for some reason. The final action scene at Cyberdyne in T2 is probably one of my favorite action scenes of all time though. Too much of T2 was harping on scenes from T1 to feel original at all though, maybe that's why I enjoyed the first more.

I recall watching T3 as a teen, but not really enjoying it much. Salvation w/ Christian Bale, eh... it was the second in a double-feature I saw at an outdoor cinema (The Hangover played first) and thirty minutes in we got bored and drove home lol

Ran (1985)

An adaptation of King Lear by Akira Kurosawa. This was one of the most beautifully, masterfully filmed movies I've ever seen. Set against a Samurai backdrop, co-produced by a French film company. Had never read Shakespeare's King Lear, but man... this was a tragedy if there ever was one. I could definitely see the Shakespearian elements throughout. Longwinded, depressing, tragic, but so well done. Worth a watch if you have two and a half hours of free time and feel like being bummed lol.

8.5/10

I've been watching a lot of kids films because it's hard to find time to put on an R rated film with a 2 year old running round the house. She sleeps a lot less than other kids her age, so that doesn't help.

Even though some of her favourite TV shows turn my brain to jelly, it's been nice to have a break from cinematic sex and violence.

You're never too old to have a chuckle at a Mickey Mouse cartoon. Of course, weed helps in that department.

I went to the cinema to see Spirit: Untamed the other day. It was my daughter's first cinema experience. She brought one of the Spirit toys I got her on eBay. When Spirit appeared for the first time, she jumped up and yelled, "It's Spirit!" How much I enjoyed the film is unquestionably influenced by seeing her witness the magic of cinema for the first time.

We are fans. We've seen the original film and all the episodes of all the (many) TV spin-offs... but this was a bit different.

The basically threw the original film Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron out when they made the TV shows, which suits me because I thought it was a bit artsy and pretentious... They don't work together as a package.

Spirit: Untamed is much closer to the TV show, but they recast and redesigned every character. Jake Gyllenhaal sweeps in and replaces Nolan North as Jim.

I wonder, do kids care about Jake Gyllenhaal? Are parents significantly more likely to take their kids to a film because it has Donnie Darko in it?

The original Jim was better. If I was Nolan North, I'd be pissed.

I don't think Walton Goggins added anything either, and I usually can't get enough of him. Julianne Moore replaced another relatively unknown actress. It goes on and on.

The main character - Lucky Prescott - is voiced by Dora from the live-action Dora the Explorer film (which I thought was a surprisingly good film but I was super baked so I'm sceptical of myself).

Most of the characters are close enough to their original versions.

Abigail is where they fucked up. They took a character that absolutely was not broken in any way and fixed her. In doing so, they lost a lot of the magic. She should have looked and acted exactly like she did in the original.

I can confidently say that I would have directed this film better.

Whoever was paid to do this doesn't care about the franchise.

6/10 (Spirit deserves better.)

wp4577607.jpg

Thought it was a decent horor/trhrillrer - Bella Thonre sees to be in it a lot of these types of films.

Memoirs of a Geisha (2005)

Wife encouraged me to watch this. If accurate, it was a very intriguing look into the life of pre-war geisha in 20th century Japan. Very well shot, paced, and executed. Soundtrack by John Williams (so on point). Only major gripe was the lead was played by a Chinese woman rather than Japanese but us Americans don't normally notice that (and perhaps her mother in the film was Chinese? Idk, she had blue eyes, odd.) Great film, had me glued to the screen. Amazing how obsessed with virgin untouched woman men are, East or West.

8/10

J'irais comme un cheval fou, by Fernando Arrabal.

You gotta hang on to watch it i swear, this looks a little like Alejandro Jodorowsky style, no wonder since they form together with Roland Topor and others the Panic movement, this is very esoteric

Re-watched Delicatessen. Excellent dark comedy/existentialist drama. Definitely one I'll be adding to the shelf later, already got Amelie. Wana add City of the Lost Children as well. All classics by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Really enjoying getting into French films these past two years.

8/10

Army of the dead.
Its on Netflix. I was a little hesitant at first, but I love zombies. Turned out to be pretty awesome.

Reactions: CFC
Army of the dead.
Its on Netflix. I was a little hesitant at first, but I love zombies. Turned out to be pretty awesome.

I thought it was ok, had a few slightly newish ideas, but tbh I really only watched it because I think Omari Hardwick is hot

proxy-image

Wizards is a 1977 American animated post-apocalyptic science fantasy film written, directed and produced by Ralph Bakshi and distributed by 20th Century Fox. The film follows a battle between two wizards of opposing powers, one representing the forces of magic and the other representing the forces of industrial technology.

The film is notable for being the first fantasy film by Bakshi, a filmmaker who was previously known only for "urban films" such as Fritz the Cat, Heavy Traffic and Coonskin. The film grossed US$9 million theatrically with a $2 million budget, and has since become a cult classic.

made by the dude who made fritz do I need to say anymore :)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:52ed1bf49a8e786d89865dfb548c466ab39481ba&dn=Wizards%20%281977%29%20%5BBluRay%5D%20%5B720p%5D%20%5BYTS.LT%5D&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.com%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fp4p.arenabg.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

Vampire's Kiss ( 1988 )

If it wasn't for Cage, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. His performance makes everything else about it totally forgettable.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen him this deranged and I've seen a lot of his films.

What an delightfully batshit film.

Highly recommended.

ENJOYMENT = 8/10
FILM = 6/10

Status
Not open for further replies.