Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch Me if You Can (2002)
So yeah, good film, worth a watch. Netflix added it on January 1st and is removing it on January 31st so if you wana watch it there, get a move on lol

7.5/10

Thanks for the heads up, been wanting to see it and I do have Netflix! So, I gotta say, it was well liked when it released which piqued my interest and rarely have I seen Hanks or DiCaprio doing a bad film....this was great. Even better than I'd expected. I always appreciate era films, and this held so very true to the 60's in theme and color. Moreover, I expected a bit of taunt between the two main characters...which I got, but it revealed more to the relationship than I expected. The last 20min was a very enjoyable surprise for me, one of those feel good films when you weren't expecting it. Would def recommend and watch again. 8/10.

Ninja Assasin (2009)

Ok, so I've been wanting to see this for a LONG time. Super assassin (do I have a theme tonight? If so, it was by accident) ... ninja style. Trailers and teasers were good, could the flick live up to the hype? Almost yes, but a lot of no. First I'll start with props to 'Rain', the actor who plays our hero ninja. Beyond that, fuck all the acting, it sucked...bad. Except for maybe the guy who played his 'father'. The entirety of the film fluctuated between flashbacks of his growing up in this remote mountain ninja training camp for orphans and the experiences that built up his character, in contrast with a current international police detective 'stumbling' upon a 'ninja-assassin for hire' arrangement employed by govt's around the world. For those of us that love kung fu flicks, the flashbacks were decent. The rest of the film focusing on some American chick working for Europol (yeah, right?) and was filmed in Germany with a mish mash of bad actors, poor dialogue, and shit story. Essentially, I think they had to pay some people to say some gibberish in hopes of pasting together all their fight scenes. They should have just presented the fight scenes...that's what we came for, and the rest was slow and really annoying.

Now, to the good part, the fight scenes. Seems someone discovered how to do the latest blood splatter effect, so we used it in every fight scene, on every hit (kill or wound), from beginning to end. It was kinda cool the first 30 times, but then you get to the second or third fight and it's kinda :so-what: 8) The other special effects investment was remapping the Matrix bullet effect into flying ninja stars. That was also over used to the point where it was cool for the first 500 or so, but then...well, then it was still kinda cool, even if it was played out.

Bottom line, we (I) came for the fight scenes. Those were decent, but overkilled (pun intended) with the special effects. The rest of the scenes were a waste of time. I do not recommend this, on any count.

Welp, there went another 90min of my weekend. Wasn't until the last 10m it started to feel like deja vu....yup, seen it already. Dammit.

Watched The Bourne Identity for the umpteenth time last night with the wife. I love that movie trilogy, but the first is definitely the best. 8.5/10 I highly recommend it if you're an action thriller fan.

Re-watched a whole lot of movies in the last couple of days

Alien (1979): Absolute classic, 9/10
Aliens: The Return (1986): Terrible and fails everything that Alien nails, 3/10
Rushmore: Good movie 8/10 , thx @Cream Gravy? I was scrolling through here when looking for one =D
The Witch (2015): Good movie, 7/10, from the director of the lighthouse iirc
Druk: That new Danish movie with Mads Mikkelsen, great movie 8/10
Hereditary: I appeared to be in a 'horror' mood these last couple of days, also a good movie 7/10

I've got a lot of time to kill in the next couple of days and I'm pretty much bedridden so suggestions are welcome

I just watched the first of the four movie series based off Yakuza called Battles Without Honor and Humanity. It was pretty much the Japanese equivalent to a Martin Scorsese film from the period. Fun to watch if you like those kinds of violent films.

7/10

Rushmore: Good movie 8/10 , thx @Cream Gravy? I was scrolling through here when looking for one =D
Hereditary: I appeared to be in a 'horror' mood these last couple of days, also a good movie 7/10

I've got a lot of time to kill in the next couple of days and I'm pretty much bedridden so suggestions are welcome

If you enjoy weird dark slow-burner type horror/suspense movies (like "Hereditary") I would recommend "Kill List" (2011). I've recommended that one before here but it's a great one from that subgenre.

I just watched the first of the four movie series based off Yakuza called Battles Without Honor and Humanity. It was pretty much the Japanese equivalent to a Martin Scorsese film from the period. Fun to watch if you like those kinds of violent films.

7/10

Have you seen any of Takashi Miike's films, like "Fudoh: The Next Generation" (1996) or "Gozu" (2003)? If not you may want to check em out, he did quite a few yakuza-themed movies back in the day, some of which are quite strange and wacky

I agree Alien was true class.

But I'm surprised to hear you dissing Aliens so much.

I enjoyed Aliens equally, if not more. I thought is was good, as far as films go.

Just more high octane, less mysterious, than the first one with that freaky, psycho Android dude.

I feel similarly I think about preferring Terminator 2 film to number one.

Have you seen any of Takashi Miike's films, like "Fudoh: The Next Generation" (1996) or "Gozu" (2003)? If not you may want to check em out, he did quite a few yakuza-themed movies back in the day, some of which are quite strange and wacky
I have not, just started watching Yakuza films yesterday lol. Amazon recommended a few to me when I started adding a lot of Anime and French films to my que. Gonna maybe watch the second in the prior mentioned series today and go from there.

I agree Alien was true class.

But I'm surprised to hear you dissing Aliens so much.

I enjoyed Aliens equally, if not more. I thought is was good, as far as films go.

Just more high octane, less mysterious, than the first one with that freaky, psycho Android dude.

I feel similarly I think about preferring Terminator 2 film to number one.
i agree there is a lot of films where 2 is if not better than the first more fun, doesnt mean its better than 1 just more rewatchable
aliens part 2
evil dead 2, its bonkers
hellraiser 2 hellbound
critters the main corse
deadpool 2 i didnt care for the first
puppet master 2 is less boring than 1
devils rejects, house was fun to
and drumb roll please..............the mighty cult classic Troll 2
hahahaha

I actually have a comedy DVD film I bought last year but have not gotten around to watching yet still.

Anuva Hood!

Maybe some of you experienced cats have seennthis one I imagine?

Gonna try and watch it soon. Just haven't been in movie mood.

i agree there is a lot of films where 2 is if not better than the first more fun, doesnt mean its better than 1 just more rewatchable
aliens part 2
evil dead 2, its bonkers
hellraiser 2 hellbound
critters the main corse
hahahaha
Haha, You posted at exactly the same minute as myself so I only just saw this! :)

aliens part 2
evil dead 2, its bonkers
hellraiser 2 hellbound
critters the main corse
hahahaha
Empire Strikes back too, was no downgrage IMO, possibly even became the backbone of the series.

It was where the absolute darkness of it all was fully displayed.

Just about to vaporize some Organic Cinderella Jack here after 340 ug acid, the day after 5000 ug in 7 days. Big Durban edible dose plus CBD,, Black coffee, Cindy vapor....really lovely dreamy high on top of the tonne of.acid coursing through me still.

i liked blade when it came out, its been a wile i wouldn't mind rewatching,
im watching the grousume twosome,
im watching skinner tonight
with Ted Ramie as a serial killer, it should be funny

If you enjoy weird dark slow-burner type horror/suspense movies (like "Hereditary") I would recommend "Kill List" (2011). I've recommended that one before here but it's a great one from that subgenre.
Nice thanks, this was an excellent movie :)

I also saw Swimming Pool which was great, and Caché which was also good but the other two stole the show

Status
Not open for further replies.