Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Flight"

This is the second time I've had to watch this movie in a rehab. Kinda just made me want to do cocaine, idk why they play it.

I love Lars, Nymphomaniac is one of my favorite films. If you like and can follow Lars you will like yorgos lanthimos. Check out The Lobster. Deliciously accurate of today's views, truths, and judgement of others and hoethey see themselve/others on their relationships.
sweet tanx, im always on the look out for good/ strange directors,
i find directors i like and pit it in my bucket list to own ( almost) all there films
"Flight"

This is the second time I've had to watch this movie in a rehab. Kinda just made me want to do cocaine, idk why they play it.
is that the one with denzel Washington,
if so i seen that in rehab also

sweet tanx, im always on the look out for good/ strange directors,
i find directors i like and pit it in my bucket list to own ( almost) all there films

is that the one with denzel Washington,
if so i seen that in rehab also
Yep. Sounds like it's a pretty common thing. Good movie for sure though.

Run (2020)

A Hulu film. This is my second viewing of it. It's enjoyable to watch in my opinion. The one issue I have with it is the fictitious drug which is supposed to explain the foundation of the story. I think it would've been better to say that Kiera Allen (Chloe) was being abused and drugged with tranquilizers

i finaly watched Antichrist, it was fucked up n weird........
so i loved it, i like movies like that where u think about it after and even the next day,
the clit part i cringed the most, and i watched it with my mom, but its not bad i watched Pink flamingos with her befor so it was a pice of cake

Outside the wire (2021) <Netflix>

Only real notable face is Anthony Mackie (Falcon from Avengers, a few other films since) as the central role. We open with Damson Idris as a UAV pilot disobeying orders to blow up what he perceives as a threat to the soldiers on the ground (2 pinned down, 38 more under fire). As he's never been on the ground or in a firefight, and therefore may not feel the weight of his decisions upon the lives of others, his punishment is reassignment under Capt. Leo (Mackie). Arriving at Leo's base, we are shown many marine soldiers AND robotic soldiers (Gumps) setting us in a futuristic world where ground forces are supplemented with these robots. The conflict is in Eastern Europe where a region has fallen under war. Most nations have backed out, our US troops are there as Peace Keepers, and within the warzone is a warlord attempting to recover lost codes for the Russian nukes in the region = this is Leo's mission, to stop the warlord.

We quickly learn Leo is an advanced robot-cyborg who has historically worked alone but actually requested having Lt. Harp (Idris) with him. Harp has to wrap his head quickly around the shift from going home to his fiancé in California after work, to being behind the lines relying upon and supporting an advanced robot. The first half of the film deals with this transition and has decent action for shoot'em up and hand-to-hand, but as a plot it stays pretty shallow. At the midpoint, the plot pivots, and Leo begins explaining in more depth WHY he requested Harp as a subordinate, and we watch the plot take on the old theme of primary directives for robots and how an advanced AI may try to maneuver around them, while Harp deals with understanding and making human-moral decisions in conflict with orders from a superior. More action, more explosions, and a good (not great) pace. Pretty decent, though not ground breaking, special effects on Leo and the Gumps (and their Russian equivalents). In the end, a decent spend of time on an action film, though if you care for ANY military accuracy you should skip it as the film defies reality on that count. 5.5/10.

i finaly watched Antichrist, it was fucked up n weird........
so i loved it, i like movies like that where u think about it after and even the next day,
the clit part i cringed the most, and i watched it with my mom, but its not bad i watched Pink flamingos with her befor so it was a pice of cake
The killing of a Sacred Deer
Dogtooth
Room
The Kindergarten Teacher
The Virgin Suicides

Some to check out

Saw Super Troopers 2. It was better the 2nd and 3rd time watching. They could make a 3rd where they bust up moonshiners. I really enjoyed Rob Lowe's character.

Just a few movies I've enjoyed recently:

This movie is aesthetically beautiful. Awesome modern retro vibe with an 80s vaporwave soundtrack to boot. Overall great.

I have to say the ridiculous amount of awkward sexual tension in the first half is laughable, but doesn't ruin it.

7.4/10

Really fun movie. I loved all the characters especially Charlie Day and Jeff Goldblume. It shares vibes with a lot of dark future movies like escape from ny/la and blade runner.

7/10

Saw Super Troopers 2. It was better the 2nd and 3rd time watching. They could make a 3rd where they bust up moonshiners. I really enjoyed Rob Lowe's character.
i get why ppl like super troopers, but i hate cops so much i could never get into to, not dissing it i loved beer fest i think its the same actors/ director

Just a few movies I've enjoyed recently:

This movie is aesthetically beautiful. Awesome modern retro vibe with an 80s vaporwave soundtrack to boot. Overall great.

I have to say the ridiculous amount of awkward sexual tension in the first half is laughable, but doesn't ruin it.

7.4/10

Really fun movie. I loved all the characters especially Charlie Day and Jeff Goldblume. It shares vibes with a lot of dark future movies like escape from ny/la and blade runner.

7/10

Check out
A Place Beyond the Pines (one of my favorites!)

Baby Driver
The Town
Den of Thieves
No Country for Old Men (excellent!)

All good films.

Status
Not open for further replies.