Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 Assassins. I wanna say I'd seen it in the past but I might not have? :unsure: I tend to get movies confused with one another. I have a terribad memory when it comes to movies. I enjoyed the film. Though I may be biased as generally speaking Takashi Miike = I'm gonna enjoy it.

13 Assassins? Isn't that the hollywood remake of the french film 13 Tzameti? With Jason Statham and Ray Winstone?

I haven’t watched it yet because I want to be a little less twacked and appreciate it properly but I am super keen to see David Copperfield as played by Dev Patel

13 Assassins? Isn't that the hollywood remake of the french film 13 Tzameti? With Jason Statham and Ray Winstone?

Maybe? I'm not familiar with that version. This is the film I'm talking about. 👇

images

13 Sins (2014)

Hadn't seen that yet. I've been eyeing the original 13: Game of Death (Beloved), a Thai film from 2006. Perhaps I can catch the original, then remake. Looks interesting.

13 Assassins.

I'd forgotten I saw that. Then I read the bit about the girl with arms & legs removed and it all came back. Good flick.

Completely different. 13 assassins is feudal Japan (1850's) and about revenge.

13 Tzameti I didn't know of, but have seen the remake 13 (2010) with Mickey Rourke (not Jason Statham, but yes on Ray W). Also an interesting flick, perhaps I'll catch the original on this one as well.

Руса́лка. О́зеро мёртвых (2018 )/ Mermaid: Lake of the Dead (2018 )

I got the DVD which is rare for me, but I had to see it in the original Russian. I can't say much without saying too much, but it's about a water spirit that haunts and kills people but we don't know why till it's nearing the end of the film. Definitely a good film. I think it's one of the best horror films I've watched recently and that's mainly what I watch

Reminded me of the Belko Experiment (which you all should check out), Mayhem was great mindless fun!

Just finished dragged across concrete and Boy am i even Happy i decided to watch it "sober". Along with Mandy this is only the second "perfect" film ive seen this year. Hard recommend. S craig zahler has become my favorite filmmaker.

It's a reasonably amusing horror/comedy with a nice degenerate sense of humor. It's at least worth watching if you like this kind of movie. 3.5/5

Reminded me of the Belko Experiment (which you all should check out), Mayhem was great mindless fun!

You're the first person I've encountered online or IRL who saw The Belko Experiment. That was a good, bloody, twisted, entertaining piece of cinema. I'm surprised it's as unknown of a film as it is, I think it could reach cult classic status!

If that's what you compare Mayhem to, I might just have to add it to my to watch list...

You're the first person I've encountered online or IRL who saw The Belko Experiment. That was a good, bloody, twisted, entertaining piece of cinema. I'm surprised it's as unknown of a film as it is, I think it could reach cult classic status!

If that's what you compare Mayhem to, I might just have to add it to my to watch list...

Never encountered anyone who has seen Belko either! You’ll enjoy this though, not as good but a damn good time.

Currently watching this, good enough so far - typical found footage film.

*Edit* - very slow film. Not for me today so onto something else.

Last edited:
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (2002)

Classic film, watched it so many times as a kid. Nothing quite like an intentionally shitty dub lol. Now as an adult though, the 1 hour 20 minute run time is a little tiring... certainly lost some humor with age. All in all a good laugh fest though, with plenty of quotable lines that my wife and I use to make each other giggle. Just more of a juvenile humor that I can't quite connect to as well any more.

5.5/10

Last edited:
Currently watching this, good enough so far - typical found footage film.

*Edit* - very slow film. Not for me today so onto something else.

As much as I go for horror, even badly done, immagonna skip that one. Cleaner, but no better, Blair Witch wanna be = what I see from the trailer.

Tangent: I got sent to Romania for a week for work a few years back. If I'd done it better, I could have gone for two weeks with the rest of the team. Not that I wanted 2w in Romania, but they used the weekend to visit Dracula's castle. Something I very much would have liked to have done.

As much as I go for horror, even badly done, immagonna skip that one. Cleaner, but no better, Blair Witch wanna be = what I see from the trailer.

Tangent: I got sent to Romania for a week for work a few years back. If I'd done it better, I could have gone for two weeks with the rest of the team. Not that I wanted 2w in Romania, but they used the weekend to visit Dracula's castle. Something I very much would have liked to have done.

That’s exactly what happened. Bad. Didn’t even know why I thought it was going to get better.

Saw New Mutants finally. Good cast... but... yeah I dunno. I guess the message is good but not portrayed very well. 2.5/5 A bit dark without redeeming qualities. And the sexualisation of children terrible.

Last edited:
Just watched Underwater

Its fast paced and amusing, but there was essentially no depth to the characters or backstory for any of the characters or the deep sea rig. It doesn't even specify what the deepwater drilling was for.. It also has absolutely no science, which I find disappointing in a sci fi movie.

I was also hoping for a more tense experience, being claustrophobic myself, as highly claustrophobic movies, like The Descent or even Sanctum, generally set my nerves a bit on edge.

Worth watching but not if you have to pay to see it. 3/5

Starting Bad Nun: Deadly Vows (2020), the sequel to The Bad Nun (2018 ). I quite liked the first film as it's a suspenseful horror rather than an ordinary slasher film, which is great too but I like to feel the fear and think a bit sometimes as well

This seems like it's going to be another good film. We'll see how it plays out

Status
Not open for further replies.