Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
b73139227496.png

Wheels -- 2014 -- //

My wife wanted to watch the extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring today after we tripped on some Psilacetin, so following the happy wife happy life mantra, we did as such; it’s amazing how much more lore is in that film. I can’t imagine ever watching the theatrical releases of those films again now.

Now, Malevolent (2004)

I'm excited because I haven't seen this one and there's two after this Bereavement (2010) and Malevolent 3 (2018 )

Now, Malevolent (2004)

I'm excited because I haven't seen this one and there's two after this Bereavement (2010) and Malevolent 3 (2018 )
These are good, well-made films. I think I like Malevolent 2: Bereavement the most. The plot gets thicker till it all unravels at the end. 4 out of 5 for the 1st and 3rd films, 5/5 for the 2nd film

Mother's Day (2010)

I've seen it a few times but didn't get the story when I first saw it. It seems like everybody's dishonest and there's probably more than one interpretation of it, which I don't care for. It makes it seem like there's not enough harmony between the characters, so you don't really care what's next. I'm not picky when it comes to endings, but the ending here almost seemed like the beginning. 3.5/5

Unfriended: Dark Web

Solid 4/5. Kinda weird how well it worked just on a pc screen.

i enjoyed it too!

just watched The Rental. mehhhh...first hour was predictable & the ending was dumb. 5/10
"The beach house" very S L O W zombie type low budget...AVOID. 4/10

Relic 3.5/5 oooooh my lordy loo... if you’re snacking make sure it’s before the last half an hour, that’s all I’m saying. 🤢

Been churning thru the MCU in the sequence they were meant to occur (as opposed to release dates). I won't bore you, but I'm up to Infinity Wars. I forgot how humourous the Guardians were. Great stuff.

The Old Guard (2020) <Netflix>

Apparently, this is based on a comic series. I wouldn't know, and came into it blind. Charlize Theron takes the lead with 3 other guys in her group. The kicker is they have become immortal. They don't know how or why, but Andy (Theron) was the first several centuries back. She picked up the others along the way and they would do certain jobs throughout the world over time = typically rescuing some people, or stopping some catastrophe. It gives the impression they didn't know they were effecting history, they just did what seemed right to them at the time. Jump to modern day and they discover a new immortal has just been created (soldier in war, throat cut but recovers) so they go to collect the new recruit who is obviously going thru some reality adjustments. Add in an ex-CIA guy they did a job for once, and he's now free lancing and picked up a job for them. They take it, things go south, and we start getting a thin trail of deceit as someone wants to study them to create a cure-all for humanity, and profit too most likely.

The whole 2h5m moves decently, no drag and not a lot of wasted screen time. It's not riveting, nor loaded with much in the way of special effects (other than a ton of bullets and blood, then they rise back up again). It'll keep your attention as you learn the characters, their relationships, and this take on immortality. However, throughout, especially in the back half, this feels soooo much like a pilot trying to launch a series. Turns out, it is, and there appears to be a sequel being worked on. It's decent enough to make you kinda wanna see the next one, but if you miss it you wont' be upset. 6.5/10

Devil's Gate (2017) <Netflix>

An FBI agent arrives in N. Dakota to look for a missing woman and her son. I didn't recognize the lead FBI agent, but the sheriff she's paired with is a fimilar face from X-men films (he's done a bit more, so you may or may not recognize him). There is the husband to the missing woman who is also familiar from several recent tv and film work, and he kinda carries the film with his acting. There is also the local 'boss' sheriff who tries to keep the FBI away from the husband and basically comes off as a fat azhole = he's played by Will Riker from the Star Trek series (dude got FAT, and a small role). I won't spoil much on this one, but I will say it has a few twists that carry it into a very new take on a very old theme. The plot carrying you there is enough to keep you plugged in, and I never really said 'no fn way, this is now jumping the shark'. Then again, I'll watch anything. Good flick for some time killing, but you won't have less of a life if you skip it. 5.5/10

Last edited:
what were your mcu faves @TheLoveBandit ?

i enjoyed them all but particularly both ant man movies, both guardians and dr. strange.

infinity war and endgame are both excellent too.

what order did you watch them in?

alasdair

what order did you watch them in?

How to watch the Marvel movies in order

• Captain America: The First Avenger (takes place during WWII)
  • Captain Marvel (takes place in 1995)
  • Iron Man (takes place in 2010)
  • Iron Man 2 (takes place after Iron Man)
  • The Incredible Hulk (time unspecified, pre-Avengers)
  • Thor (takes place six months before Avengers)
  • The Avengers (takes place in 2012)
  • Iron Man 3 (takes place six months after The Avengers)
  • Thor: Dark World (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (sometime in 2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (after Guardians)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (takes place in 2015)
  • Ant-Man (takes place in 2015)
  • Captain America: Civil War (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (post-Civil War, pre-Infinity War)
  • Doctor Strange (takes place in 2016)
  • Black Panther (takes place in 2017)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
  • Avengers: Infinity War (takes place in 2017)
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp (ambiguous, but fits nicely between IW and Endgame)
  • Avengers: Endgame (starts in 2017, finishes in 2022)
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (post-Endgame)

There are others with similar lists, this is just the one I latched onto and used.

Growing up, I read a lot of Thor and Hulk over the rest, and never really got to reading Avengers, so the movies were new territory for me. I have personal hangups watching RDJr, but I have to say I can't imagine anyone pulling off the role as well as he did. Nearly all the casting selections were spot on, IMO (sans the Ed Norton hulk = love the actor, the film was too forgettable). Picking my favorite films, probably (in roughly this order):

1. Iron Man 2 (I love origins, but IM 1 was still kinda rough on the edges whereas IM 3 was too polished)
  2. Cap America First Avenger (love origin stories)
  3. Guardians 1 (never knew of them until the film, great cast, soundtrack, dialogue, eye candy)
  4. Avengers Ultron (another origin of sorts, but starts really putting the extended team together)
  5. Ant-Man (didn't know of him, loved the relatability and performance by Rudd)
  6. Guardians 2 (Plot was meh, but still with great cast, soundtrack, dialogue, eye candy)
  7. Ant-Man & Wasp (more fun)
  8. Doc Strange (another new one for me, but not trying to fit too hard into MCU, able to stand on it's own well)
  9. Spider-Man Homecoming
  10. Endgame (good wrap up, hated the gratuitous female shot but loved the overall teamwork)

Backatchya: what were your mcu faves?

Status
Not open for further replies.