Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatched “what dreams may come,” bawled my eyes out…films like that aren’t made anymore…

Man what a trip this film took you on. I thought it was going to be a standard exorcism flick but it brought it another few elements that really made it stand out.

4/5

@ghostfreak

have you got the chance to see ''Book of Blood'' by Clive Barker? the 2020 one. For me honestly, horror fail to scare me. Only horror that got me scared was ''Terrified'' 2017, the whole ''vectors'' thing lol and the fact that we don't know fuck shit about it bc they're lovecraftian, we know this when the blondie ask the other detective if he drank any tap water tonight, best movie to come out in the last 10yr imo.

Watched a few films in the past week or so but forgot a lot.

Life (2017)

Terrible Alien rip-off. Special effects were decent. Plot was not. Acting was okay. First time I watched it in theaters I fell asleep 15 minutes in, friend had to wake me up when the credits rolled. Barely finished it awake this second time. Even among modern sci-fi flicks it fell very short despite good casting and clearly good production value.

3/10

Salome's Last Dance ( 1988 )

I really love Ken Russel films. While I was disappointed by The Lair of the White Worm recently, I found this one to be peak Russel brilliance. The plot is rather... odd. Guy Fawkes Day, 1892: Oscar Wilde has just been censured for his vulgar play, Salome. He visits his favorite upscale Victorian brothel for some good ol' fashion gay stuff, only to find that the proprietor has a copy of his banned play and insists upon putting it on for him on a makeshift stage within the brothel.

This was one of the best films I've ever seen that takes place simply within one setting. The dialogue is copied word for word from Wilde's play, and as it moves forward, we see Wilde's life blending with the play itself.

The acting was FANTASTIC, over the top yet in all the right ways. Sexuality and the way we view it is at question here, and if anyone knows how to capture that, it's definitely Russel. The actor who played Salome, Imogen Millais-Scott, was simply mesmerizing. She has an almost boyish beauty about her (very intentional... you'll see what I mean if you watch this) which is played upon throughout; even more impressive, Imogen had a degenerative eye disease that essentially rendered her blind by the time production started; so you get all these close ups of this amazing actor doing amazing acting, and the woman can't even actually know what she's looking at?! Amazing! Some of the best acting I've ever seen.

This film was highly sexual in both hetero and homo fashions. If dicks or boobs scare you or make your stomach churn, pick another flick to watch. But if you're capable of enjoying nudity (either sex) then this film was a real treat. I highly enjoyed it, and if you're as much of a sexual deviant as I am, you might too.

Personally, I plan on adding this one to the collection.

8/10

@ghostfreak

have you got the chance to see ''Book of Blood'' by Clive Barker? the 2020 one. For me honestly, horror fail to scare me. Only horror that got me scared was ''Terrified'' 2017, the whole ''vectors'' thing lol and the fact that we don't know fuck shit about it bc they're lovecraftian, we know this when the blondie ask the other detective if he drank any tap water tonight, best movie to come out in the last 10yr imo.
Haven’t gotten round to watching it yet but it’s on my watchlist 😊 live Clive Barker stuff.

Prometheus (2012)

Ridley Scott's second film within the Alien franchise, supposedly a prequel to the 1979 original. The movie begins with us seeing a humanoid alien watching a flying saucer fly away, as he ingests some sort of rapid-acting poison that destroys his body entirely. Cut to 2089 or so and we get some cave paintings. Cut to 2093 and we're introduced to an exploratory mission being sent to look for life in the location they gleaned from the cave paintings.

The entire first half of the film is complete plot building slow stuff, with ever so slight hints of backstory to the franchise. The second half isn't all that action packed either, but predictably, everyone dies. We get a bit more backstory and a silly cameo of sorts towards the end. The plot seems to center on the search for God/the creator, yet it does so uninspiringly. Michael Fassbender's character is great as the android, the only truly likeable character. The rest of the crew make dumb mistake after dumb mistake, the plot rapidly unravels into nonsense, and we don't really get any decent backstory to the original film in the end.

The special effects were great, some of the acting was brilliant, but the plot fell so far short and became so muddled that I couldn't enjoy it. The gore was also significantly more present and real than any prior Alien film, which was sickening and off-putting. In the end, it wasn't really worth watching. Alien: Resurrection was a far better film overall somehow.

5.8/10

I'll rent Alien: Covenant next. I don't have high hopes, but I'll give it a shot.

Prometheus was like your tailored grandma sweatshirt, it has to be the movie in the series. I have it on blu'ray

It Comes at Night

clearly influenced by the passover story with theme of clan and family, but can’t quite put it all together. why does he lie about his brother? of what significance is the grandfather’s death (not the first born) other than to establish existence of plague? why are they so curious about who opened the interior door but don’t question how the dog got in through the exterior door?

dope lighting. reminds me of those first person horror video games.

Cream Gravy? said:
Salome's Last Dance … The actor who played Salome, Imogen Millais-Scott, was simply mesmerizing.
yeah, the lead is killer.

Last edited:
Saw Free Guy in theaters

Absolutely hilarious, really cool concept. If you're a gamer or you watch livestreams you'll love it. Also really cool special FX and 3DCG!

💜

(rewatch) Serial Mom (1994) - 4.5 pussywillows - let me preface by saying I love Kathleen Turner and I love all things John Water...and I love slasher movies - so was I ever not gonna love this? Kathleen Turner plays Beverly Sutphin; your everyday, average mother and housewife who loves cooking for her kids, birdwatching and just....happens to be a serial killer.
Brilliant, satirical dark comedy. Reminded me a little of Sleepaway Camp 2 in that you route for the killer because everybody else sucks and it's intentionally funny, not scary.

Top Quotes:

Beverly: Are those pussy willows, Dottie?

[Beverly prank-calling Dottie]

Dottie Hinkle: Hello?

Beverly Sutphin: Is this the Cocksucker residence?

Dottie Hinkle: God damn you! Stop calling here!

Beverly Sutphin: Is this Four Two One Five Pussy Way?

Dottie Hinkle: You bitch!

Beverly Sutphin: Now let me check the ZIP code. Two-one-two-fuck-you?

Dottie Hinkle: The police are tracing this call this very minute.

Beverly Sutphin: Well, Dottie Hinkle, then why aren't they here, huh, fuckface?

: FUCK YOU!

[hangs up]

Beverly Sutphin: Hahahaha!

[immediately calls her back]

Dottie Hinkle: DIDN'T I JUST SAY FUCK YOU?

Beverly Sutphin: [in a different voice] I beg your pardon?

Dottie Hinkle: Who is this?

Beverly Sutphin: Mrs. Wilson from the telephone company. I understand you're having problems with an obscene phone caller?

Dottie Hinkle: Yes, I am. I'm sorry, Mrs. Wilson. But this is driving me crazy! I've had my number changed twice already. I'm a divorced woman, please help me.

Beverly Sutphin: Well what exactly does this sick individual say to you?

Dottie Hinkle: I can't say the words out loud, I don't use bad language.

Beverly Sutphin: Oh well, I know it's difficult but we need to know the exact words.

Dottie Hinkle: I'll try. Cocksucker, that's what she calls me.

Beverly Sutphin: [reverting to the original voice] LISTEN TO YOUR FILTHY MOUTH, YA FUCKIN' WHORE!

Dottie Hinkle: GODDAMN YOU!

Beverly Sutphin: MOTHERFUCKER!

Dottie Hinkle: COCKSUCKER!

Finally attempted to rewatch Enter the Void, but with psychedelics (always did it w dissos)
whew. Its way scarier. Had to stop right after the flying started.
Watched ANACONDA on shrooms+weed, big lols watching owen wilson and ice cube argue.
I need action and sh!tty scifi recommendations

I had my little cousin in my care the other day. My cousin who is my contemporary is a fairly successful dentist in her hometown, who has the respect of the townsfolk and all of that bullshit. Unfortunately for her, her son is attached to me like a bad habit because I'm just so much goddamn fun. I babysit for her when she's in a spot and it's always an intersting exchange, because I make no qualms about telling anyone that I shot heroin for years. I'm a new world man, a romantic, a libertine, all that cool shit. But, as a reformed individual, she's okay with me taking the kid in my charge.

Probably a big mistake on her part. At the very least I'm gonna turn the little guy into a militant marxist revolutionary and at worst, I'll turn him out to sell drugs to feed my own habit, at least that's what the DEA thinks. God my sense of humor is too dark.

Anyway, I decide, we're gonna go catch Paw Patrol: The Movie at the local theater. It's a great time because we can walk down, don't have to find parking, it's a hometown theater and the girl who does the popcorn has big titties.

I had taken enough acid to enjoy the movie but certainly not enough to forget that I had a child in my care. Lee turned to me and said "Wy-an (ryan) doo woo wike paw patrol?" I say, dude, "There is literally nothing that I love more than Paw Patrol" as I make eye contact with the popcorn lady who notices my bloodshot eyes and giant pupils but keeps doing her thing.

The movie was nothing short of amazing. I had actually never seen or heard of paw patrol before. It's apparently quite popular. Fucking canadians (FUCK YOU DAD!!!!). It's basically a story about a bunch of puppies who are a sort of fire/rescue squad. But.. they're puppies. They gloss over this fact, along with how they're able to talk, how they become knowledgeable in their given fields of expertise despite their well-advertised adolescence. A lot of contradictions man, but as a guy who has no principles, convictions or morals, I could really dig that.

Each dog or should I say, puppy, is specialized, there's like a cop puppy, a fire puppy, an emt puppy, an administrative puppy working behind the scenes keeping everything together perhaps, who the fuck knows really?

Anyway, this guy who I can only guess is an effigy for Donald Trump is elected mayor of Adventure City. That's not a descriptive terminology, it is a proper name. They named thIe place Adventure City to alleviate any and all confusion as to what might and can possible transpire withing the pale of its settlement. Anyway, this guy is a dick and allegedly stole the election. This seemed like advanced content for my 5 year old charge, so I simply told him that the guy was a major butthead, which was perfect.

By now, I'm tripping and me and my ward are fully rocking out to what I can only assume will be an academy award winning musical score. I was doing hand gestures, gyrating, signing like I was at a grateful dead concert covered in mud about to make love to a lady I only known as Cougar Mountain Paw. It was great

The puppies would all transform with their fucking armor, and guns, and weird shit. It was practically orgasmic. It was a feast for the senses that the rennaissance rogues could only gawk at in sheer wonder. The evil mayor was relegated to a torture rack in the bottom of the headquarters of the spanish inquisition in the year 1454. His joints being slowly pulled apart like saltwater taffy. That didn't really happen, but I'm a sick fuck, and a jew, so I have some sort of werid fetish in seeeing non-jews on the rack... I don't know, I can't explain it.

We get out of the movie and I get stuck in a four way conversation with other families who had the bright idea of catching paw patrol. I'm tripping very hard at this point and my mouth is dry as fuck. As the people's mouths move and their faces melt to and fro, the only thing I can think of is getting my little guy his celebratory popsicle (he was quiet through the whole flick, good boy). I apparently sated the peasants surrounding me, as we all laughed and hobnobbed for a few minutes before I had to breakaway.

Anyway, paw patrol was fuckin lit. If you've got kiddoes I highly suggest taking em out to blow off that steam.

WOW. Even with spoilers you can! Cool branch. Mortal Kombat. Just recently watched, and apparently not for nothing. Since I found this thread with this question. In the game I have not played, but I was fascinated by the *snip no links, you've been warned, next time we assume you're a spammer and you're gone*. Not a bad fantasy movie with good effects and fights. Of course there were some scripted moves that evoked a "hand-to-face" feeling. The connoisseurs of the game will probably enjoy it more. Anyone want the toughest spoiler of this movie? Or is it better not to spoil the experience for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Once Upon a Time in America (1984)

This was probably the worst 'good' movie I've ever seen in my entire life. Sergio Leone really wasn't that great of a director in the first place and just kinda lucked out with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly IMO. This was his last film before he died.

I watched the uncut/Euro version, with all 3 hours and 49 minutes of torturously slow moving nonsensical diatribe. It's currently on Netflix in the U.S. The pacing was awful, the scoring was awful (really Ennio Morricone? REALLY?! I had faith in you!!!), the acting was dry, the casting was all wrong, the characters were loathsome, catty, full of machismo and misplaced bravado, literally showing off their dicks in some scenes. The film is shown to us non-chronologically, which does nothing but confuse and disorient the viewer.

I could talk for HOURS about what was wrong with this film, from the misplaced cover of 'Yesterday' to the random rape scenes to the shoddy script which was written by six different people.

But instead, I'll just tell you this was a complete waste of my time, robbing me of four hours of my life. #115 on imdb's top 250?! ARE YOU FUCKIN' SHIITIN' ME?! Despite the obviously high production value, the A-list actors, etc. I could not for the life of me enjoy one moment of this film.

1/10

500 Days of Summer (2009)

Joseph Gordon Levitt and Zooey Deschanel put out some of the worst acting of their careers with this one. Their characters were loathsome, self-centered, self-pitying sacks of shit who I could not identify with at all. They played them very emotionlessly. This film was hot on the tail of a number of similar romantic flicks in the late 2000s, all of which were better films by far. Zooey's performance helped me to realize that I don't even find her attractive anymore... like at all. If you offered me a hall pass to screw her instead of my wife without getting in trouble, I'd turn you down, my wife is wayyyyy more attractive. What a self-indulgent miserable movie.

Luckily, unlike the prior mentioned film, this one only last an hour and a half, so by the time I realized how miserable I was watching it, it was rolling to a close. In retrospect, I'd give this film a hard pass.

2/10

Once Upon a Time in America (1984)

This was probably the worst 'good' movie I've ever seen in my entire life.

that i dont understand, its one of the great classic mafia movies, if not the classic mafia movie of all times. have rewatch it sometime soon...

that i dont understand, its one of the great classic mafia movies, if not the classic mafia movie of all times. have rewatch it sometime soon...
Even if I weren't to compare it to other gangster/mafia flicks, this film stands out among others as simply God awful... Perhaps something was lost with the dialogue when they translated the script to English; often times the characters won't even speak in grammatically correct sentences or the things they'll say don't make a lick of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.