Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wana say my dad had a heart attack at 58 and he was healthy... he lived but only because they airlifted him just in time.

Food for thought. People up and die for no reason all the time.

I haven’t watched any more movies lately. Watched Donnie Darko again same day as Dr. Strangelove though. I love that film. I love the concept of following God’s channel and alternate universes. Very much a subjective film.

^ Donnie Darko is an all-time favorite!

Of course people can die at a younger age, but there are WAY too many suspicious circumstances around Kubrick’s death. To ignore what was going on at the time and that he had a target on his head is ignorant and being in denial.
Yeah, he’s suddenly dead right before “Eyes Wide Shut” came out because the studio wanted to heavily edit the film because he was exposing too much. They knew he was exposing their secrets too much. He didn’t just suddenly die of natural causes right before his movie came out. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

If you believe the lies they tell you about the way many celebrities die, then you’re easily gullible and they love people like that who will just believe anything.

Last edited:
they love people like that who will just believe anything.
ignorant and being in denial.
C'mon... while I don't think you were directing that at any one person in particular, I think your choice of words reflects an approach that I don't want in F&TV. Here, where I am ruler of my little world, Kubrick died of natural causes and is a personal hero. Not gonna warn or infract anyone because I started the discussion in the first place, but let's move on.

Let's get back to the movies, and if you want to continue discussing this subject in such a manner, please take it to The Lounge, P&S, or CEPS, all of which are better suited for what is being discussed.

It's a great one, I'd give it a 9/10. I never found the 'Director's Cut' necessary, everything is there in the theatrical release, you just have to "look closer" eh? Forgot Patrick Swayze was in it though lol

Awww Patrick Swayze. RIP

There was something special about the director’s cut. I thought the plane crash scene was more graphic and detailed. You actually saw the inside of his room after the plane hit. It was fucked up. Loved it. I prefer DC.

I watched this yday:
BIRDS OF PREY (AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN)

It was better than I anticipated, but some parts were just not as developed as they should have been and the record-scratching and jumps in narration definitely detracted from what could have been a decent DC universe film. I definitely feel like they thought they were being more clever than they actually were. The action sequences were just not that good either (with the exception of when Harley Quinn has a baseball bat in her hand - that was pretty fucking cool). I feel like they tried to go off in too many different directions, ending up with a diluted product. With that said, this is still miles better than the abortion that was Jared Leto's "Joker." 6.5/10

Last edited:
I’m not into the whole comic book thing. Is Harley Quinn played by Margot Robbie? I just want to look at her. Fuck the rest of the movie. hehe

I’m not into the whole comic book thing. Is Harley Quinn played by Margot Robbie? I just want to look at her. Fuck the rest of the movie. hehe

Yep and she carries the whole thing - I mean, she is the tit-ular character and the eye-candy of the film. If you want something that's a better film and with her i'd watch Ready or Not:

Yep and she carries the whole thing - I mean, she is the tit-ular character and the eye-candy of the film. If you want something that's a better film and with her i'd watch Ready or Not:

What’s hilarious is when I saw a part of that film a while ago, I also thought she was Margot Robbie!

Nope, that’s Samara Weaving in ‘Ready Or Not’.

She looks way too similar to Margot Robbie, but Samara Weaving is kinda goofy looking. So I can tell the difference especially when she smiles. Haha

Margot is WAY hotter!!

What’s hilarious is when I saw a part of that film a while ago, I also thought she was Margot Robbie!

Nope, that’s Samara Weaving in ‘Ready Or Not’.

She looks way too similar to Margot Robbie, but Samara Weaving is kinda goofy looking. So I can tell the difference. Haha

Oh shit! You're right - they could be twins. My bad.

Just watched The Hunt

I really liked it and I think it's very blunt but at the same time subtle with it's political commentary. Also, it was brutal in almost a Tarentino kinda way. It has a 66% percent audience score on Rotten Tomatoes... I'm inclined to disagree. Absurd and gauche, in your face, but it hits the spot for me.

8/10

Annihilation

I really enjoyed Ex Machina (I'd rate it a 8/10) and thus on the basis of my fondness for this director's prior film decided to give it a watch finally. It was very intriguing right up till the end, but much more gory than I expected. It honestly is a bit of a horror film in many ways. The plot is hard to explain, basically there's this exponentially expanding thing of sorts that's enveloping everything. Natalie Portman and a team of 4 other female scientists enter it in search of answers, though only one of many who have entered has ever come back. It gets much weirder after that, with a cliffhanger style ending that left a sour taste in my mouth.

All the actors/actresses did great performances, the visual effects and style were stunning and enthralling, but I didn't really care for the overarching plot once it was fully revealed to me. Some people are bound to really like this film, but it wasn't that way for me. None the less, it was an entertaining watch.

6.5/10

I watched this on day 1 of the whole Coronavirus lockdown situation and It gave me some crazy uncomfortable anxiety. But damn wss it a well put together film. Definitely was not good for my mood and mental state at the time, but aside from me being a total pussy, it raises many philosophical questions as to the logistics of giving mechanized items sentience, and then playing god with the conciousness that have been given life. Very much a mind fuck movie.

‘The Wild & Wonderful Whites of West Virginia’

I watched again for shits & giggles.

I felt bad for their mom. She had like 25 kids and all of them weren’t hers. She took in kids who were abandoned by their parents.

Pretty much every person in the White family is currently in jail, has been to jail or is dead. Jesco White’s sister gave birth and had her baby taken away from her immediately by CPS. I can’t even fathom all the drugs they found in her baby’s system.

The mother picked her daughter up from the hospital. She was heartbroken of course from having her child taken away, but it’s her fault.
They were in a Taco Bell drive-thru. The mom saw some friends sitting in the window. I could not believe this bitch banged on the window and tried to tell them CPS took her granddaughter away. The people in the window were kinda smiling and waving because they couldn’t hear what she was saying. Why broadcast that anyway out in public? I’ve never seen more stupid, trashy people in my entire life.

One family member shot his uncle in the face and neck when he must’ve been high as a kite. The uncle lived miraculously. His nephew got 50 years in prison.
He won’t be 47 until he gets out. He went in as a young man.

What upset me at the end is the sister or someone in the family said “We’re all going to hell.“ She even said there’s a choice because Jesus died on the cross for us. She was adamant about the White family going to Hell like it’s destined and not even serious. There is redemption and mercy! They don’t have to go to Hell if they really don’t want to! There are those who turn their back on Jesus and follow the devil no matter what. They don’t have to though. As long as you’re breathing, there’s a chance for salvation. It won’t seem like such a party if she ends up there. Just dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!

It is a hilarious documentary though.

Hey CTC, have you seen "White Lightnin" (2009)? It's a great film depicting (an embellished, fictionalized version of) Jesco White's life.

I'd highly recommend it.

it raises many philosophical questions as to the logistics of giving mechanized items sentience, and then playing god with the conciousness that have been given life. Very much a mind fuck movie.
Wait... were you referring to Ex Machina or Annihilation with this post?

Ex Machina also unsettled me upon my first viewing. Annihilation... was so unsettling I doubt I'll ever watch it again, though I plan to buy Ex Machina on Bluray so I can watch it over and over.

Love & Death (1975)

One of many... many, Woody Allen films out there heh. So, it's supposedly based upon the Tolstoy novel of the same name, but having watched it, and not read the book, I can tell you that the similarities are probably fairly vague if not few lol.

I did rather enjoy it though. Diane Keaton and Woody Allen had good screen presence when they did films together. The film is interlaced with random moments of philosophical/existential questioning in between your usual Woody Allen style antics. Rather short at only about 90 minutes, a quick, entertaining watch, that reminds us not to take life, or death, too seriously.

Worth a watch in these trapped at home times hah.

7/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.