Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gotta rewatch Akira and Perfect Blue. haven't seen them since i was a kid. i wanna go on a rewatch spree. i used to rewatch movies all the time.

what is your favorite feature-length anime?

what is your favorite feature-length anime?
When I was younger, it was Princess Mononoke. Now it's Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind. The soundtrack alone makes that movie pleasurable to watch on acid lol.

I've mostly seen Miyazaki films from Ghibli. I'm more of a fan of the more adult ones. Spirited Away was eh, Howl's Moving Castle was eh, plus I read the book for that one and his re-imagining didn't line up with my mental imagery.

Wife and I are on our own sort of Rifftrax type adventure lately. We love watching shitty 70s/80s B movies and laughing at how bad they are.

Evils of the Night

Absolute shite. A few good boob-centric scenes, but the plot was non-existent and we even found it hard to laugh because of how bad it was. Would never want to watch this movie or even recommend it among other B movies. Reagan era teen exploitation trash.

1/10

Forbidden World

One among many Roger Corman produced films we've been watching. I actually really enjoyed this one! I have a soft spot for 80s sci-fi and this one tickled my fancy. Pure Alien ripoff, but enjoyable and not in the slightest creepy. The nude scenes were enjoyable and the characters were amusingly stupid. Loved the soundtrack. I'd actually recommend this one if you're into shitty sci-fi films.

5.5/10

The Arena

The least B movie of any B movies we watched; this one actually had a decent enough plot, while also featuring an actress who eventually made it, Pam Grier. There was a high focus on action, but boobs galore. While the action was crappy I really enjoyed seeing Pams nips in almost every scene she was in. I wouldn't recommend watching it, but if you're truly bored, it's only 80 minutes. Shitty rip off of Spartacus.

4/10

The Death Stalker movies (I-IV)

These were all Roger Corman as well, in fact I think most of these films I've watched were. These four films were essentially Conan the Barbarian rip-offs. The first one featured the most nudity and production value that I could tell. Some hilarious moments kept it entertaining when boobs weren't featured. I'd actually recommend the first one to anyone with 90 minutes to kill, but the other three were crap and often used stock footage from the first film to cut down on costs. The third one was featured as an MST3K episode in season 3 lol.

5/10 (I)
2/10 (II-IV)

I saw "8mg Suboxone Strip" just this morning. It left me feeling emotionally incomplete with a longing for a taste of reality.

1.5 Stars.

A Veterans Christmas, beautiful movie. It may seem a bit corny in some scenes but hey this is what no hollywood effects does, when a movie is made with passion not for $. I do rec.

Wind River. Really simple western with long takes, beautiful landscapes, good dialogue and good actors. It gripped me like a mfer this viewing also. Now it also felt to be more depth than my last view.
4.5/5. Also the writer director Taylor Sheridan makes the perfect antisocial movies and stuff, so Im waiting for his next movie readily.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch The Last Black Man in San Francisco?

I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Twice. Loved it. I think it was made personally for me. And I was so skeptical going in. It had flaws like anything but for me, pure LA joy. I'm a Manson family nerd* so the spahn ranch stuff was rad!

*fascinated by phenomenon not actually liking Manson lol!

John Wick Chapter 3!!
Not for everyone ( very Violent ) I feel that it is a Ballet of Ma ham!!
Along with SiFi just the fantasy gernes I love to lose myself in
good to rent the first to chapter of this series first .

[all are rated from 1-5]

Grand-Daddy Daycare - 3 stars - A sort-of sequel to Daddy Day Care but with the elderly. Nothing special but kept me entertained for a couple hours on a boring afternoon.

Papillion (2017) - 3.5 stars - Interesting true story about a wrongfully imprisoned man escaping a prison on a French island along with a friend he makes. And, hey, if you want to see Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malek fully naked - look no further!

IT: Chapter 2 - 4 red balloons - Pennywise, bitches! Didn't enjoy this as much as the first part. Partly the length (slightly under 3 hours) made me eventually get tired of it, and it was at the cinema so I couldn't pause it and read for a bit like I normally would (not the films fault, ofc). On the plus side, it was quite funny and it was scarier than the first and featured a more brutal Pennywise. Nice cameo from Stephen King. I thought making Richie gay was interesting (judging from the amount of people "shipping" Richie/Eddie after the first movie I think this will go down well with fans). No movie will do justice to the amazing book, but this and Chapter One come pretty darn close.
Bill Skarsgard (Pennywise) and the director are already discussing making IT: Chapter 3 (an original movie). I'm all up for that as long as there is A LOT of input from Stephen King.

Childs Play (2019) 4 stars - I was expecting a generic remake like a lot of recent horror movies, but was pleasantly surprised that - besides a boy getting a doll named Chucky that then kills people - it was an entirely new story. Really enjoyed this one and for a 15 rating had a couple of pretty cool, graphic kill scenes.

^ I saw 10 minutes of Papillion lol - a friend said they'd record the next repeat show on the movie channel - really interesting story - apparentlyprotagonis was never imprisoned on Devils Island Irl - the book would be worth a check also. 2017 film and acting looks amazing but would like to check out the McQueen-Hoffman one, also, at some stage. :)

beautiful cinematography.. ultimate message may be a little subtle unless I missed it a bit. Wonder what others thought?
Must check it out, for visuals at least - v. pop at the moment. Brad Pitt can ruin or add to a film, imho - curious as to how he plays in this character?

[all are rated from 1-5]

Grand-Daddy Daycare - 3 stars - A sort-of sequel to Daddy Day Care but with the elderly. Nothing special but kept me entertained for a couple hours on a boring afternoon.

Papillion (2017) - 3.5 stars - Interesting true story about a wrongfully imprisoned man escaping a prison on a French island along with a friend he makes. And, hey, if you want to see Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malek fully naked - look no further!

IT: Chapter 2 - 4 red balloons - Pennywise, bitches! Didn't enjoy this as much as the first part. Partly the length (slightly under 3 hours) made me eventually get tired of it, and it was at the cinema so I couldn't pause it and read for a bit like I normally would (not the films fault, ofc). On the plus side, it was quite funny and it was scarier than the first and featured a more brutal Pennywise. Nice cameo from Stephen King. I thought making Richie gay was interesting (judging from the amount of people "shipping" Richie/Eddie after the first movie I think this will go down well with fans). No movie will do justice to the amazing book, but this and Chapter One come pretty darn close.
Bill Skarsgard (Pennywise) and the director are already discussing making IT: Chapter 3 (an original movie). I'm all up for that as long as there is A LOT of input from Stephen King.

Childs Play (2019) 4 stars - I was expecting a generic remake like a lot of recent horror movies, but was pleasantly surprised that - besides a boy getting a doll named Chucky that then kills people - it was an entirely new story. Really enjoyed this one and for a 15 rating had a couple of pretty cool, graphic kill scenes.
Gotta go watch It with my brother. I remember crying like a baby at the start of the first movie lol.

I saw Spiderman 2 last night. It was long time last seeing it and I must say.....IT IS FUCKING GOOOD! Best superhero movie for me after Captain America:Winter Soldier (and maybe civil war).

Status
Not open for further replies.