• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's the difference between Ketamine for Human use and Veteranry Ket?

what the title says.
The ketamine used in humans on hospitals are the pharmaceutical ketamine but the K used to animals difference on their potency. The pharmaceutical K is called "kiddie ket" and the animal K is "vet ket"... Have been once in my life tried the "vet ket" and on its purest form ampoule ket from ROA I.m..
SHIT MAN the ride was wild and fucking intense. Finnish psych and rave scene is little but the MORE KNOWN on the world. As like might heard of "gamma goblin" 😉

The ketamine used in humans on hospitals are the pharmaceutical ketamine but the K used to animals difference on their potency. The pharmaceutical K is called "kiddie ket" and the animal K is "vet ket"... Have been once in my life tried the "vet ket" and on its purest form ampoule ket from ROA I.m..
SHIT MAN the ride was wild and fucking intense. Finnish psych and rave scene is little but the MORE KNOWN on the world. As like might heard of "gamma goblin" 😉
i know the concentration is different, i should've been more specific but i mean apart from that is there any other difference? The excipients idk? cause someone told me the veterinary ket made his stomach hurt or gave him diarrhea. I've only ever shot human KET, i'm not looking forward to try vet ket either because 100mg is enough to fucking floor me. I'm just curious.

I just wanna know is there really any difference besides the fact that the VET ket is twice as strong per ML than Human Ket, that's it

Ketamine is ketamine. Vets have their makers like ketaset, vetalar, vetaket etc. Dose dependant on the animal it’s going to be used on.

Ketamine is ketamine. Vets have their makers like ketaset, vetalar, vetaket etc. Dose dependant on the animal it’s going to be used on.
so are medications made for animals the same thing as the ones made for human? i know they're the same compounds but if i consume for example a diazepam for dogs or a valium. It's the same thing apart from the dose.

Yes it’s the same medication, the only thing is the fact that meds produced for animals don’t come under the same scrutiny from the FDA. So you’re always going to be safer taking medication made for a human.

i know the concentration is different, i should've been more specific but i mean apart from that is there any other difference? The excipients idk? cause someone told me the veterinary ket made his stomach hurt or gave him diarrhea. I've only ever shot human KET, i'm not looking forward to try vet ket either because 100mg is enough to fucking floor me. I'm just curious.
Yeah I believe that the 100mg did a little rollercoaster to you because ive have had never ever before tried ketamine before even on crystal form but I was Lucky and got the vet ket ampule but right first time shot 200mg of vet ket i.m... HF🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Ketamine is an arrangement of molecules in a lattice. It's either ketamine or it isn't ketamine.

Doesn't veterinary formulations typically also contain xylazine or whatever that benzo is these days?

I know Is the same ket but the excipients they use for vet ket dont make the experience any different?
No they don’t, it’s heavily regulated in the veterinary world also due to abuse potential and more vets are moving away from using it for that reason.
Doesn't veterinary formulations typically also contain xylazine or whatever that benzo is these days?
It does not have another other additive it is ketamine just not FDA approved as it’s for aninals. They don’t mix ketamine and xylazine. They do use it for sedation together though but it has to be given in different amounts dose dependant on the animal/weight of animal etc.

Veterinary drugs indeed have the same regulation and safety requirements than those sold for humans. They just tend to be cheaper, these for big animals of higher potency in mg/ml and some agents aren't approved for humans or animals / some species, respectively. Like loperamide which works for most dogs but is deadly for cats. Carfentanyl which doesn't make sense to use in humans.

Would love to finally try some pure, pharmaceutical ket to find out whether and to what degree side effects are related to impurities,

Also there are really far too many different kinds of ketamine out there. Some are cold and clinical, some are trippy and euphoric, others more stimulating and all of them are tested as ketamine. I know we have two isomers and different mixtures like 30/70 or 50/50 but it still doesn't fit. Might be that the tests aren't too accurate though as I had ethylphenidate tested for MPH, and methoxetamine for speed (the latter might have been contaminated but not much because it worked like it should).

Animal ket can contain a benzodiazepine in some formulae.

Also there are really far too many different kinds of ketamine out there. Some are cold and clinical, some are trippy and euphoric, others more stimulating and all of them are tested as ketamine. I know we have two isomers and different mixtures like 30/70 or 50/50 but it still doesn't fit.
It doesn't? Interested to see you express this view as a (seemingly) fairly knowledgeable and experienced ketamine user.

I have seen this view expressed many times before of course but my default assumption is that this is nothing that cannot be accounted for by the power of suggestion and minor fluctuations in an individual's mindset, and probably less easily quantifiable physiological factors like fluctuating hormone levels, dietary factors, etc... I've experienced quite different subjective effects on ketamine of course like anyone but I wouldn't really be confident to say that there was definitely anything chemical going on rather than just differences in myself.

I think the experience overall has become less consistent as permatolerance has become more of a factor too which IMO lends weight to the theory that biological factors are of more relevance... at least in myself.

Esketamine I would say is perceptibly different to racemic, at least I've been pretty confident in my ability to tell them apart during times I've been using ketamine fairly often. Right now though I'm not sure how confident I'd be even with that.

@Vastness Indeed I am not completely sure and don't want to fuel myths but there is certainly more going on than tolerance. We had this discussion about MXE when many kept complaining the newer batches were bad and with time people agreed to that it was tolerance but as tolerance to dissociatives is mainly an almost one-way road, it shouldn't be the case to find a years-old baggie hidden somewhere containing a bit of original MXE and bringing that opiatey glow again when the newer batches were actually more potent sometimes but cold and pretty different. Thinking about it, isomers are indeed a possibility if the metabolite(s) mediating this glow are stereoselective like some opioids are (levo -> opioid, dextro -> nmda antagonist). Didn't read yet that this applies to arylcyclohexylamines like bromadol though and MXE is more of a serotonergic than an opioid.

With K it's difficult. My rational mind tells me it must be the isomers but as said even lab analysis isn't always accurate when it comes to unknown, close variants. There is the cold, clinical stuff. Trippy stuff. Euphoric, stimulating one. Some cause different optics than others which do almost none. Others are more anesthetically feeling. Have to admit that I don't have analysis of most of them but at least from potency, taste, consistency they all were pretty similar (either shards or powder- this can be anything of course but the possible RCs are different enough).

When reading that people fake K consisting of caffeine, paracetamol etc. then I have to be very skeptical though. Would love to sample pharmaceutical K and R-/S but guess this won't happen anytime soon :/

Biological factors are relevant for sure, with dissociatives maybe more so than setting.
Had similar experiences with some RCs btw, there is a definite set of 'modes' as discussed in another thread where each and every arylcyclohexylamine has different ones and while it appears to be pretty random which one you get (this is dependent on subconsciousness maybe? In pre-holes I tend to hover over structures which are based on the impressions of the past 6-8h) - they are definitive chemical, and now the point, batch related. DCK should always be DCK, etc. but there are different variants of DCK, and of 3-MeO-PCE too. They even have different durations, but same potency. DCK exists in a much more psychedelic and kinda MDMA-like variant, and in a heavily stoning one. Unfortunately again, no test but I wouldn't say that it's about cuts, I would have noticed the different quality of effects and stim rebound etc. It's all typical dissociatives.

I don't know whether gray area labs bother with isomers, and whether different synth routes will create differing ratios between isomers. Know too little about chemistry yet.
Correct me when I'm wrong! :)

Last edited: