• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What's the best/worse present you have ever received?

In Year 8 this guy I went to school with gave me scented paper that you use to line your chest of drawers with. Maybe I was stinky and he was trying to tell me something...

He was so weird.

Oh and when I was 10 my brother gave me a broken pencil sharpener and a used eraser for Christmas.

Dunno, if this was "the" worst. But for Christmas my younger sister go me one of those half a cats that you tuck under your couch or what ever and it looks like your couch fell on top of a cat. It was so lame. She and my ex thought it was hilarious but.

Great thread idea, props :D

Worst: Mary Poppins... I think your grandparents and mine share the same shopping outlet. My nanna on mum's side takes this award out every time. What should I choose from? The pink socks with teddy bears on that I got when I was 23? A fake-gold "christmas wreath" broach and two pencils? Or that bizzare bamboo thing which looked like a placemat, but I was told was a "hat"? Or maybe the endless packets of embroidered hankies? Hmmmm, it's a tough call. Last year, my brother got a can of dog food. He only has a cat.

Best : Wow tough call also. Once, for my birthday, an ex bought me a designer gown and laid it out on my bed so when I woke up it was the first thing I saw... then took me out on a dinner cruise on a yacht *sigh*. (pity he was a cheating prick)
My current boyfriend has done quite well too: he bought me a stereo/CD player the first Christmas we were together, and a gorgeous silver bracelet.
My mum has given me some whizz-bang stuff too, mainly because she actually *asks* me first what I want, and will ONLY buy quality stuff. I've got a gorgeous silver cutlery set, a wrought-iron bed, a camera, and quality quilts and linen for my bed. This year I'm getting luggage for Christmas..... :) :)

Last edited:
MoeBro said:
I wholeheartedly agree with this man.

The only bad gift was the one I didn't receive.

The rest have been beautiful

Ah fuckit, make me feel bad why dontcha ;)
I <3 my nanna, senility and all :D

best present would have to be my playstation 2 and tv..... even forgetting all the wonderful hours i have spent playing it, the fact that it gives something to play dvds in my room on and thus be able to retreat to my room for hours at a time when i dont like my family is priceless

wrorst would have to be a mate who gave me just a card and 20 bucks..... and he owed me 30 bucks..... cheapskate :p

Thought i better give my best present a mention. It was a pack of toy soldgiers,a colouring book with crayons and sheeps heart wrapped in paper. Sounds bizzare but i was i was layed up in hospital with a collapsed lung and was wondering if i was going to be out in time to make to our NYE piss up on Lake Eildon at Bonny Doon. Apparently my mates couldn't find a butcher who had any lungs so they thought a heart would be the next best thing. As much as it hurt it had me laughing for ages.=D

I think it's pretty cruel that you can pay somebody out for giving you a crap present. It's the thought that counts and you should be grateful they gave you anything at all.

Personally i would have loved to have received that encyclopedia. I'm always looking at www.howstuffworks.com

Yes i was paying him out, but it's big source of amusement for the both of us everytime X-mas rolls around, which is probably why it sticks in my mind and why i posted it in the first place.:)

Best? Worst? PRESENT????

Being raised as a Jehovah's Witness, the whole 'presents at special times' dealy was never followed in my family. Presents every now and again, but nothing really memorable.

In fact, the most memorable gifts are the ones i have given. Because i don't give gifts, anything AT ALL is a huge bonus. So, the gifts i have given are:
A petrol-station-bought 'Happy 13th birthday' card, with pen scribbled over the top to make it '18th'.
A roll of Savings Brand toilet paper in original packaging for some friends fake housewarming
A hentai DVD for my mate's 21st, on the condition that he watch it with his new non-anime-watching girlfriend.

Now that is definitely a worthy contribution to this thread 8(

cant really sau about the best and worse

but mum gave me a hmaper the other day and said "put all your dirty clothes in here to get them cleaned"

i finally decided to use it today and it worked like a charm, really made my room look a lot cleaner

hamper.jpg

(its actually 1.7 m tall had to take pic with phone)

but maybe i should buy another one

=D Dee

One christmas my pa gave my cousin a second hand pocket knife. It wasn't Pa got it when he went to war and had sentimental value type second hand, it was bought from used goods store, blunted knives, missing accessories type second hand.