• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What's the best way to prepare kratom?

I put my kratom into capsules and swallow them. You have to swallow a SHITLOAD (like 15 pills) but there's no bad taste that way, maybe a slower come up due to the pills having to dissolve but I swear by it since I hate the taste. I got a pill machine for $20 and a massive supply of veggie capsules for very cheap. I know where to get both items (pill machine, capsules) so you can ask me where if you like, I know there's no sourcing but those items aren't themselves drugs so maybe it's ok for me to mention it. Message me if you like.

Hmmmm, I've always made tea but this thread has made me want to start taking it differently. I should be getting my shipment tomorrow -- perhaps I'll just eat it....

Thanks guys :)

I hesitate to wade in here but...If you buy tinctures or powders you are buying garbage. I am a wholesaler as some know (and no, I dont sell to individuals so please dont ask). We grow the tree for architectural moulding and furniture manufacturing. The leaf became a secondary market thing. Anyway, with Kratom the leaf never ever has any predictable alkaloidal content. It can be from zero to a low maximum number. Most use it for its opioid-like properties. That alkaloid, 7-hydroxymitragynine is only ever present at less than a twentieth of just one percent for over all content. There are not optimum seasons, growth environment (other than marshland) and so when someone harvests weight and powederises it and/or uses it to make a tincture they have no way in wich to know how much of that alkaloid- or any other alkaloid is in their product. When they say they have such and such percent they are lying and scamming.

Likewise, all the talk of "strains" is total nonsense. Although there are more people selling than in the past, there is no difference gained in different locales. For the longest and even now the leaf I grow in Mindanao is labeled all kinds of nonsense by the people I sell to. I listen to their customers compare "strains" and it is such silliness.

OK. So what IS the best way to prepare? The answer in short is "whole leaf." Of course noone to my knowledge seels that retail so that the answer really becomes that it is a total crap shoot. If you are buying something that you consistently enjoy then THAT is the "best way." All the big talk on Kratom is non sensical.

I've always made it in one of two ways:
If I have orange juice, just mix ~5 grams (that which I consider "a dose", though depending what I want I'll take more than one dose at a time; I just find it's a good base measurement) in around 4 ounces of orange juice, and chug it. The orange juice really does help cover the flavor a bit.
If I don't have orange juice, do basically the same thing, but with water. It's grainy, it's fairly nasty tasting (especially once you have a bad experience puking two times on a train from it), but I just chug it down then rinse out my cup with some more water and drink that too. Once it's down, the flavor goes away pretty quickly.