Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What's on your life 'to do' list?

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
So I started the original thread in 2003 - thought it might be time for an update...

WHAT'S ON YOUR 'TO DO' LIST???

Now I don't mean those pesky lists that you make every day on scraps of paper and promptly put down and do other things. I'm talking what's on your 'to do' list for life? What are the things that your dying to experience? The places you'd love to go? Dreams you want to achieve?

This was my original list

[*]Skydiving (again), 140m bungee jump in NZ, hang gliding (this has been on the list for years).

[*]Substances to try - LSD, mushies, cocaine, GHB, absinthe (Have done all but real absinthe. I'd like to add oxycodone, mescaline, and a few research chems to the list)

[*]Get another tattoo (not so sure about this one anymore - I recently got my tongue pierced and I think that might be enough body mods for me)

[*]Have a threesome (Done, though I'll add having one with two males to the list ;) )

[*]Learn to surf.

[*]Learn to play the cello and guitar.

[*]Do my First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation certificates.

[*]Random talents I'd like to have: be able to juggle and pole dance

[*]Learn at least one language other than English. At the top of the list are Russian and French.

[*]Learn sign language.

[*]Buy an SLR camera and develop my photography skills (I think I'll be getting a DSLR now instead - camera kitty is sitting at about half of what I'll need for the kit I'm eyeing off - so hopefully by mid year this one will be a reality)

[*]Travel: Australia, Thailand, Japan, NZ, Nth + Sth America, Canada, Africa Russia, Europe in general - I really can't think of anywhere I wouldn't like to go (Going back to uni put a hold on travel for the time being)

[*]Live & work in another country.

[*]Do some volunteer or aid work overseas (Should be able to combine these two once uni is finished - not sure where though yet)

[*]Write a book.

[*]Go to uni and study something that interests me as opposed to being there just for the sake of it. (I've got a year to go of my social science degree majoring in criminology and sociology)

[*]Own a house before I'm 30. (I'm not sure how this one will go seeing as I've managed to save zip the last 2 years during uni, but we'll see!)

[*]Read all the books on the BBC Top 100 Books List (Nowhere near enough reading for pleasure done at the moment... can I blame uni again :\ )

[*]Do a massage course (Completed an introductory course, but would really love to do some professional qualifications at some stage)

[*]Run in at least one City to Surf (Running doesn't quite mix well with my knees these days, so might have to modify this one to 'walk at least one city to surf')

[*]Right now, the one thing I'd like to do really soon, is buy a one-way ticket to Cairns and make my way back down the East coast in my own time! (Done, last Jan/Feb - 3 1/2 weeks was nowhere near long enough, but I had such an awesome time!)

[*]Finally, I'd love to go on some crazy adventure like climbing Everest or sailing around the world (anyone read Lionheart - Jesse Martin?). I'm just not sure yet what it will be

I've sort of struggled the last few years with feeling like I'm not achieving much and while I haven't managed to cross that much off the list, I guess I've almost completed one of the biggest items with my uni degree.

I'd like to add a few things to my list:

• Learn how to make my own jewelry
  • Learn to sew
  • Finish my advanced open water diving cert & do loads more diving!
  • Get over fear of relationships, rejection and being hurt
  • Start playing the piano again and learn to play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata
  • Live in another city in Australia - probably Melbourne
  • Shave my head to raise money for cancer research
  • Earn enough money to one day be able to build my own home that I've designed... with enough land to be largely self sufficient and to have a photography darkroom.

So... what's on your to do list?

:)

Last edited:
Katmeow

:p hehe...

Before I put this down, I'm NOT a religious man, just old fashioned...

*Get Married In A Church
*Raise Enough Kids To Keep My Family Name Going
*See My Dad (Not even meet, just "see" him)
*Build My Own Home...

who, or what? ;)

Ummm

I aim to....

*Move to Melbourne and actually successfully set up a life and a home there (it's in the works...somewhat)
*Live and work overseas (more long term)
*Own at least one investment property
*Travel extensively - on my own terms
*Get a job not only in my industry, but in an industry within my industry (PR), that I am somewhat passionate about (ie. travel, food and bev, creative industries...). What is annoying about this one is that I have one of these, but it doesn't really have full-time potential :\
*Actually complete writing something (like a collection of short stories, a novel, novella...anything)
* Begin to contribute more to online/print publications with the intention of building up a feature story portfolio
* Lose a large proportion of my body mass
* Continue on my journey of personal development and continue striving to be the best person I can be (i couldn't think of a less wanky way of saying that unfortunately)
* Learn to be able to express my true feelings better
* Be in some form of long-term relationship again before i die
* Live by myself and decorate the entire place myself
* Become a fully-fledged Stepford wife that can cook to impress, conduct sparkling conversation at dinner parties and maintain a truly lovely home ;)

Start playing the piano again and learn to play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata

That was the one thing I had on my piano to do list, and it's the only piece I can really play at all. So, yay. Go and do it!

I can't believe I didn't post in that other thread. That being the case, here's mine:

- Write a book
- Write a screenplay, and have it produced
- Live somewhere crazily rich and famous for a little while
- Live somewhere the opposite of that for a little while
- Raise happy and well-adjusted children
- Get a Masters (or two)
- Feel confident enough to travel again
- Learn a romance language
- Be on stage
- Learn to ride a horse
- Own more than one property at the same time
- Be recognised for something that I do (doesn't matter what, at the moment)
- Get a boob job
- Go to my 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 year high school reunions
- Own a Porsche

So, turns out I'm pretty materialistic.

anna! said:
- Write a screenplay, and have it produced

My Dad has been ther and still doing that, wrote a movie, just got $10000 grant to further it and the script editor that read it says it has potential to not only become a movie but it will win awards. GO DAD!!!

Anyway these are my things to do and things that have already been done#

#Skydiving
#Live with tigers
#Do Thailand
#Do Cambodia
Do Turkish Eclipse festival (give me a little over a month and #)
Do India
Do Sweeden and Finland
Do Egypt (Also a possibility when going to the eclipse)
Do Dubai (Also a possibility when going to the eclipse)
Do Africa
Do Greece (Also a possibilty when going to the eclipse)
Do Italy
Ok enough of traveling for now
Find the one and only for me
Have children
#Win tattslotto (done but only 4th division I want 1st)

I think that will do for now

SkyDive

Snowboard

Swim with a Great White

Finish Learning to play Guitar

Travel to Antartica

have a Long Tearm Relationship

Restore an old car

Learn to fly a plane

Put $1000 on double or nothing on a roulet wheel on black.

live a happy life until 80.

Snort some Not so much cut Coke !

Crash into some Ritch Snobby fucks Mercadies or BMW and get away with it

The likleyness of these evar happening is the same as DoofHard winning 1st Div lotto

In the short term I would love to:
- extensively travel south east Asia, India and Africa
- Buy my own apartment

In the long term:
- find my life partner
- have children

Tactically nuke the United States of America.

Thats about it.

Signat

* Complete all 7 years of university. Full time. Without a break. 2 down, 5 to go ;)

*hang gliding, being able to ride a motorbike without having a heart attack, learning to fly a plane and go sky diving at least 5 times.

*Get diving certificate. I went once and it was un.bel.iev.able.

*maintain a healthy body weight and actually not want to spew when i see myself naked(this may not involve weight loss)

*Fall in love. Get married. Have children that I can bring up the way I wish I was

*Aide work O/S. Preferably in Africa, for a year at least. Help build houses hospitals ect. I really want to do this.

* First learn the flute then the saxaphone. There is not a more beautiful sounding instrument.
*Feeling like I have achieved the highest point in my career which for me would be where I felt I could have helped as many people as possible to the best of my professional ability.

*Read as much as possible always and always stay informed about whats happening in the world. Try my best to have well informed unbiased opinions.( we can all dream, heh ?)

* Get over my only serious addiction - the internet

*Stay in control of my IBS. The day I got diagnosed with this, was the best/ worst day of my life. Its such a debilitating condition but if you do what you know is best for you, its able to be kept under control

* Own a beautiful house filled with love by the water

* Finally give in to my creative passions and actually start producing art. I create in my head not out from it. I know it stagnates my personal development.

* Have true and honest friendships with everyone I am in contact with

* Find the girls who in high school beat the crap out of me daily, and smirk at them. Thats right, just a smirk.

*Have a room devoted to books that I call my library

*Just love, laugh and be the best person I can be. What ever fortunes or tribulations come with that, I will happily accept.

Last edited:
katmeow! I can teach you sign language! I live in Sydney now :)
T00T T00T!

Oh my main to do list is..

BUY A HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all i care about right now.

:)

Be knighted
Win nobel prize
smoke crack
Oxy and hydro
Have a house with my own library
PCP (i really want to try this)
Give up smoking
Take one human soul
To see Canada fall under my ruthless domination
plethora of RCs (namely, DOC)
Jet-pack
Make another sock puppet
Hover board

KemicalBurn said:
smoke crack
Oxy and hydro

it's funny you mention smoke crack, i have maintained for many years that i want to find a good friend [someone who i can see the potential in], and we're going to both sit down in a gutter in the rain and hit the crack pipe.
14.gif

i know lots of little bits of different languages, mostly italian, i'd like to eventually become reasonably proficient in one of them. realistically this is only to be able to argue with people a bit differently than i already do. english can be so repetitive.

build a piece of furniture. for a while i've theorised this would be a bookshelf [not too high on the too-fucking-hard-o-meter, not exactly a spice rack either] but a chair has passed my thoughts once or twice. naturally this furniture piece will be wooden.

earn a million dollars. not in one lump, but just to pass the marker. if i had a million dollars, i'd be rich [staggered achieval or no]

to expand on the 'owning my own library' thing, there are a few specific points that must be achieved with said library.

1: tall rooms to store them in. none of this one story bullshit.
2: ladders with wheels to swish around the room and fashion my own two minute musicals with.
3. fireplace [ornate shelving surrounding optional. no goats legs carved into the gilding please]
4: large leather armchair. more of a tub style than a throne, it's a bit farfetched to assume that once this grandiose room had been constructed, then a few sneaky bastards wouldn't try to get laid in there. may as well make it a little comfy for them - they obviously hadn't thought or cared about the secret peering area from behind the horrible painting on the wall
5: [and this is most important.] secret passage leading to the conservatory.

a chandelier. doesn't necessarily have to be loaded with swarovski crystals, i have been collecting bits and pieces for it for a few years now, once i find a reasonable frame for it, building it myself will be more satisfactory than just buying one. it's not the most stylish household addition, i just struggle to get past my old childhood wish of owning a large glittering thing that adults won't let kids touch. naturally the chandelier would hang in a tall room where nobody could touch it, let alone the goddamn kids.

the statue of liberty. much as i don't need liberty and ellis island relocated to wherever i am in the world, it will be nice when i finally get there.

more oxy. duh. this also covers fentanyl, heroin, hydromorphone and/or hydrocodone [more of the semi-synthetic opioids at any rate] there's a lot of time i have for sitting around with a friend, scratching wrists and talking about the spiders in the ceiling.

drew barrymore

Well there's many things I want to do and I'll probably expand this list later but for now:

* Stand on top of some Incan ruins in Mexico and ponder (this experience will probably be ruined by fat-arse American tourists taking snap shots of anything that moves).

KemicalBurn said:
Be knighted
Win nobel prize
smoke crack
Oxy and hydro
PCP (i really want to try this)
Give up smoking
Take one human soul
To see Canada fall under my ruthless domination
plethora of RCs (namely, DOC)
Jet-pack
Make another sock puppet
Hover board

You might not get a jet pack or hover board, but www.parabounce.com has a pretty killer equivalent :D

-- Complete studies and get a 'real' job

-- Learn to draw

-- Move to Queensland

-- Travel around Egypt

-- Go sky-diving

-- To be able to accept myself 100%

-- Fall in love and get married, eventually

-- To be able to sing in tune [I don't like my chances ;)]

-- To raise happy kids

-- Impove on my 'public speaking'

-- Eat healthier

-- Be a better cook

-- To change the way of the world for the better, even if it's just in small ways

Edit: Shit. Talk about cursed. My hopes and dreams on my 666th post ;).

Travel plans
- Travel Europe
- Travel North America
- Live somewhere in Queensland Australia, possibly Brisbane or Surfers Paradise
- Live in Perth Australia

Materialistic goals
- Own my own home and several investment properties (currently paying mortgage on first home)
- Own a large business (currently own a small business but would like to perhaps own a McDonalds franchise or a hardware store)
- Design and build an upmarket nightclub with multiple floors and themed rooms (bit of a pipe dream)
- Own a limosine
- Own a full size snooker table

Things I wish to experience
- Sky diving
- Bungee jumping in New Zealand
- Swimming with sharks
- Being in a fighter jet
- Being in a formula one car
- Seeing Tiesto live in concert
- Learn to dj
- Find love
- Have children
- Live happily ever after...

MY ORIGINAL LIST

For Today
*Finish Uni Assignments
*Fold 500 flyers for the agency im working at
*Tell my boyfriend that i love him and he will do well in his uni exams
*Decide where to go out for dinner

For the future
*Travel the world (isnt this on everyones list?) -well so far ive been to fiji, new zealand, costa rica, los angeles, singapore and thailand so im getting there - plus im planning a trip to new york and las vegas in april and europe next year
*Go to I love techno & Tresor havent done this yet but im sure i will go to tresor when i go to europe
*Go skydiving (no bluelight peer pressure i swear!) mmm this one still yet to be achieved
*Get a tattoo i have a chinese symbol for happiness on my lower back and the southern cross on the side of my thigh.
*Direct a big hollywood blockbuster movie (optimism gets you everywhere!)hasnt happened yet...but it will!

*Keep Being happy so far so good

To add to my list
*be an awesome aunty to my nephew
*be remembered for someone who was a nice person
*travel to africa
*own a really awesome car

Finish my course

Travel - Turkey, India, USA (before Signat nukes it ;) ), europe

Be famous for something

Own a house

Live interstate already lived for a while up QLD so I think Melbourne is next

Sky dive

Be happy

Mean Girl said:
to expand on the 'owning my own library' thing, there are a few specific points that must be achieved with said library.

1: tall rooms to store them in. none of this one story bullshit.
2: ladders with wheels to swish around the room and fashion my own two minute musicals with.
3. fireplace [ornate shelving surrounding optional. no goats legs carved into the gilding please]
4: large leather armchair. more of a tub style than a throne, it's a bit farfetched to assume that once this grandiose room had been constructed, then a few sneaky bastards wouldn't try to get laid in there. may as well make it a little comfy for them - they obviously hadn't thought or cared about the secret peering area from behind the horrible painting on the wall
5: [and this is most important.] secret passage leading to the conservatory.

a chandelier.

drew barrymore

You, my dear, have it all fucking sorted. :)

<3 x infinite and back!!!!!!!

I have ALWAYS wanted a house with a secret passage, ever since Cleudo, not to mention Nancy Drew and the Babysitters Club (Dawn had a secret passage from her house to the barn??).

Seriously. fucking. cool.