• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What you should know about relapsing...

equip`d

Bluelighter
First off, I would like to say that its awesome this site has been around for this long and has maintained the same look/feel. Ok this is not so much a question as it is a suggestion. I have been on and off opiates (smoking H. and norcos) for about 7 years now. Let me tell you guys that the first time you decide on quitting, like you seriously quit for at least a month, take it serious. Heres why: The more you relapse, the harder it is for you to quit again. So if its your first time stopping and you have been clean for quite sometime, remember that you are in a fortunate position and that it is IMPOSSIBLE to chip or control your opiate addiction. Just know that if you decide to reuse after being clean, that making that choice may entitle you to a lifetime of use. It becomes so much harder to quit again once you have already quit before and reused. Maybe others can chime in with reasons why its harder to quit down the road. I wish you all the best of luck with your lives and please respect your bodies/brains because as far as we know, they are all we have!8o8o

yes i agree, i came back from hawaii and jumped back into opiates. got off them and now im stuck on benzos. he's right. it's easier to stay sober than it is to quit. i wish i knew what causes some people to become addicts and others can just say nah i dont want it again. god is my only hope...

I wish I had followed this advice. I quit last april but started chipping again last july. Nothing serious, just a pill here and there. Well as Christmas came around- I was getting up to like taking pills every day for like a week at a time- then some time off. Shit, I'm now trying to get off taking oxy for like a straight month and it sucks. Gotta go through the whole shitty thing again. I thought I could control my habit but there's just no way. I didn't do too much damage and I stopped myself before it got worse and worse. Still, I'm just pissed that I gotta go through all this shit again. Fuck! May it be the last time for me..please.

Yeah man...

I've tried my best to stay clean for so long... I got on dex-amphetamine for ADHD and it did help a little bit in controlling my cravings/impulsiveness to use opioids but in the end, the days that I didn't take the dex-amphetamine I would crave opioids hardcore and end up relapsing many times. I would go 4-5 months clean on dexamphetamine but then relapse one day after a stressful situation and the cycle of addiction would continue... prior to getting on the dex-amphetamine I had even less control over using opioids and would probably stay clean a week at max (after withdrawals) before relapsing.

Now I'm on MMT and off of the dex-amphetamines (just because I found them too stressful to take daily.) I haven't used any opioids besides MMT since I've been on it and it has been very helpful in getting my life back. I haven't 'relapsed' since I've been on MMT and so far it's been a great tool in my recovery. I've tried pretty much everything I could to stay clean/avoid relapse before getting on MMT and unfortunately I failed at it.

I feel that I'll be on MMT for the indefinite future because it has helped me to stay stable and clean from the ups and downs of opioid/drug addiction, something that I couldn't achieve for 4-5 years before getting on it. I wish the best of luck to anyone who's trying to stay off opioids... I never knew what 'addiction' was before opioids.. damn.

I wish I had followed this advice. I quit last april but started chipping again last july. Nothing serious, just a pill here and there. Well as Christmas came around- I was getting up to like taking pills every day for like a week at a time- then some time off. Shit, I'm now trying to get off taking oxy for like a straight month and it sucks. Gotta go through the whole shitty thing again. I thought I could control my habit but there's just no way. I didn't do too much damage and I stopped myself before it got worse and worse. Still, I'm just pissed that I gotta go through all this shit again. Fuck! May it be the last time for me..please.

our stories are almost all the same.. its a wonderful thing that we can network this way and know that we are not alone.. hopefully we will find the strength to one day reclaim our selves.. i like to think that the more we suffer the more we will know heaven when we reach it. stay strong people. be positive and be safe.