What would you change about society to make it ideal for you?

change police officers into peace officers

carry on dr martin luther king jr's message

erase greed from the minds of everyone

people painting their own pictures, starting their own bands, and writing their own stories, step out of line
fuck shit up

^
good answer

wtf

Draigan, respond and let that be it, the thread is going back OT after that or its closed.

cooool down...

Uh yah I think advertising works. No shit. And I think people are extremely impressionable and easily manipulated. I also think that people should not have to slave and starve while others just sit around doing nothing but wasting insane ammounts of resources. I just cant understand why you dont get that.

yah w/e lol I thought possibly I might make some headway here but I guess not. im out.

Uh yah I think advertising works. No shit. And I think people are extremely impressionable and easily manipulated. I also think that people should not have to slave and starve while others just sit around doing nothing but wasting insane ammounts of resources. I just cant understand why you dont get that.

private messages are good.

Send me a private message if you like. I don't mind continuing the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think it will be useful. I don't have a solution. I never even claimed to. I just said I don't think capitolism is healthy because its basically a manipulative system. I even gave you a bunch of facts to why I think it is. You didnt counter my accusation, but instead you just prompted me for a solution, which I find is pretty besides the point. I found that instead of adressing the core points that I made you spent most of your posts asking me for solutions and trying to prove that I was making rude statements about you. I told you why I used language like the shit end of the stick. It is a perfectly valuable point that implies that if you are not feeling the negative effects of capitalistic actions then you may not understand the negative effects of the situation enough. Therefor it was not a personal attack but an abstract concept that was meant to convey the previous.

Anyway... ive said all I really can say. I have made my points and if you don't accept them, then thats fine. I am not saying they are written in stone or anything, just my views.

I suggest if you are really curious about it, as in enough curious to continue the debate with me in pm, that you just go and google the negative impacts of capitalism, as that will have a wealth of information.

At the request of the moderators, I am not going to post any more about this capitalism debate. It will be continued in private message. My apologies to all for cluttering the thread.

Last edited:
A communal approach and back to nature approach has been tried before as well. Am farmer's utopia was created a few decades back, the Khemer Rouge, good people!

Regardless, what would society look like that would be ideal in my eyes?

* Repeal all morality laws that do not harm others

* Keep capitalism. Honestly, how the fuck can we say capitalism is evil? If I provide I service, why shouldn't I be compensated? I'm taking time, effort, and money and providing you with a good or service. How is that not fair?

* Decentralize government. Centralization sounds like such a great idea on paper, but usually turns into a gigantic mess. Goverment should be focused on the state / local levels.

* Emphasize education as a societal value. So many people due not see educating themselves (on any real topic) as important, it's quite a shame.

* Repeal all laws that have roots based in bigotry and racism.

* Have many strong political parties. Right now, two dominate and this is just not working.

* Tax any religious institution that publically promotes their religious views through advertisement medias.

* Release / pardon all drug offenders. This includes users, dealers, and traffickers as long as no other crimes where comitted (e.g. murder, rape, ect.)

^^^^ Well said. I think much of that could be accomplished by promoting the libertarian party :)