• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What would happen if you took away DMT from the body?

AlextheKing

Bluelighter
We have DMT in our bodies. At these natural levels, we have the reality that we all see now. When you take more DMT, you go to a different realm of consciousness.

It’s been experimented what happens when we add more DMT to the body...

What would happen if you took DMT away from your body? If we Reduced the natural DMT levels of the body?

I'm curious what people think that would result in.

I don't think we understand enough about dmt and its relation to the body to answer this question... however, I would guess that very little would happen if you took away our small amount of naturally occurring dmt. But who knows?

It would take away your ability to use imagination don't ask me how I know that

It's never been proven there is any meaningful amount of endogenous DMT

So nothing would happen.

What I want to know is what happens to my brain after Johnny Depp sucks out all my adrenochrome

Last edited:
Still amazing that we have such a powerful psychedelic in our brains and somehow I'd bet there is a function for it. Be it near-death experiences, transition from living to death (or afterlife), dreams, development of consciousness, etc.. It took a very long time until they found morphine in brains and this one has a MUCH longer half life than DMT. Maybe when it's secreted directly in the brain, miniscule amounts are enough to cause some action or it is so readily degraded that it's only present for a few minutes ... enzymes like MAO will continue to work or some time after death, so one would need to freeze a corpse in the immediate moment of death to check the concentration, dunno whether something like this has already been made.

Imagination - at least we have this: (PDF) “Ayahuasca turned on my mind’s eye”: Enhanced visual imagery after ayahuasca intake in a man with “blind imagination” (aphantasia) (researchgate.net)

You'd probably stop dreaming
It's believed to be released upon death as well. Not that this is actually the case, but after my overdose (pretty bad, had to be narcan'd 3 times) I completely stopped dreaming and it has never returned. I can't get high on my own supply anymore :(

Isnt there some study done on dmt and schizophrenia? Not conclusive of course. But we have very little studies done on dmt.

I hope we find out more about this drug before i die

Isnt there some study done on dmt and schizophrenia? Not conclusive of course. But we have very little studies done on dmt.

I hope we find out more about this drug before i die
I had a schizophrenic friend who I saw brought out of a near catatonic psychosis with DMT. He was "normal" within minutes for a few days to an entire week.

It will also stop period cramps in their tracks!