• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What would happen if I injected a vial of Naloxone while taking 220 mg methadone dail

Bomb319

Bluelighter
y?

I obviously know it wouldn't be pleasant, but would it kick off all binding methadone entirely such that I would be plunged into the worst of withdrawal right away and instantly suffer a cold turkey drop from 220 mg? I ask because I have a vial of it with me at all times in Case I overdose on the methadone seeing as how I take benzo-like drugs (zopiclone) legally prescribed to me, but also occasionally up my dose for one single day for various reasons. The problem is, how would I possibly know that I have taken enough to be dangerous? I assume I wouldn't be actively aware that I would be about to pass out, and even if I was, there would obviously be very strong motivation to NOT take the Naloxone and just assume I'd be fine anyway.

As someone who's had Naloxone a couple times for heroin OD - it was instant, unbelievably horrible WD. For about 30min. 220mg of methadone is a huge dose, there's an extremely high chance the shock that a vial of naloxone would introduce to your body would actually cause you to seize. It would be unpleasant to say the least. shortly the methadone will rebind and you'll be exactly as you were, assuming you didn't die from a seizure.

The immediate, acute stage would be staggeringly worse than a cold-turkey drop form 220mg. Long-acting opiods have a built-in taper, it takes days/weeks for it to leave your system. Not seconds. Having it all leave in seconds.. I couldn't even imagine what that would do to somebody on 220mg 'done /day.

Hmm, you wouldn't feel anything short of "like dying".
220mg methadone maintenance with a nalaxone shot... holy shit that would be the WORSE thing in the world to experience...

I would only threaten a serial killer with that type of torture...