• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What will the WD be like?

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
I have another thread in this section but this is more specific to getting an idea to what I'll experience. For the past 1 1/2-2 week I've been doing around 40-60mg of oxycodone a day then before hand I was doing 20-30mg. I went through withdrawal after going cold turkey on 40mg around 3 months ago and the WD wasn't that bad. Just felt like I had a bad cold. Will this time around be any worse? Last time around, beyond the runs (Which is obviously expected) I didnt have any stomach issues, do you think this time around throwing up could be a possibility? Thats the one and only thing I'm worried about. I know symptoms are specific to the person, but could you list some WD symptoms I'll experience from going cold turkey? Really want to know if it'll be any worse/better than last time, thats the only anxiety I have about going cold turkey

Withdrawals do get worse and worse the more times you withdraw from opiates. Your dose does not sound very high, so while it will not be a nightmare it will still undoubtedly be uncomfortable. At those doses you could do a fast taper, such as cutting your dose in half every day.

Day 1: 20mg
Day 2: 10mg
Day 3: 5mg
Day 4: Quit

Another option would be to just cold turkey it with the use of helpful meds. With the aid of immodium, benzos and clonidine you can eliminate most of the serious withdrawal symptoms. The best thing you can do is to eat as much as you can keep down, take vitamins, exercise and (if possible) sleep.

Best of luck to you!

You more than likely will not even come close to vomiting. I don't really get much nausea in withdrawal from any dose. However, the restless legs, insomnia, etc. you probably will experience is worse than nausea imo. Gabapentin/lyrica is GOOD.

^^I agree...my arms don't stop moving and it is very frustrating...probably the worst part. I do not get nausea.

Yep, I know I have to taper down from 200-300mgs cos within or about the 24hr mark since my last dose the restless hands and arms are unbearable, I don't even make it to the restless legs. If you don't get restless limbs you are fuckin lucky man. I still used to get it at 60mgs per day dosing but nowhere near as bad. STOP NOW!!!!!!

Withdrawals do get worse and worse the more times you withdraw from opiates. Your dose does not sound very high, so while it will not be a nightmare it will still undoubtedly be uncomfortable. At those doses you could do a fast taper, such as cutting your dose in half every day.

Day 1: 20mg
Day 2: 10mg
Day 3: 5mg
Day 4: Quit

Another option would be to just cold turkey it with the use of helpful meds. With the aid of immodium, benzos and clonidine you can eliminate most of the serious withdrawal symptoms. The best thing you can do is to eat as much as you can keep down, take vitamins, exercise and (if possible) sleep.

Best of luck to you!
I wish I could taper! I no longer have access to the drug. Went cold turkey last time to prove a point to some friends and didn't have much difficulty.

the only time I have ever thrown up was after a shot of nalaxone. It was probably just from the shock to my body. I do get nauseated though, but I mostly have dry heaves and long bouts of sneezing.

I wish I could taper! I no longer have access to the drug. Went cold turkey last time to prove a point to some friends and didn't have much difficulty.

At your dose you really don't need a taper anyway. Just be sure to have some other meds on hand as they will make it much easier. If you can't get rx meds like benzos, clonidine and gabapentin then grab some immodium - it will help immensely.

Yeah, I can't imagine they would be THAT bad. All things relative to what you consider bad though. I wouldn't expect throwing up from coming off of that habit. I've only gotten nauseous to that extent once through about 50 or so times going through w/d's. I'm hoping I don't get to that level this weekend when I'm doing my own jump off.

At your dose you really don't need a taper anyway. Just be sure to have some other meds on hand as they will make it much easier. If you can't get rx meds like benzos, clonidine and gabapentin then grab some immodium - it will help immensely.
Never actually took them, would snort them so I dont think I'll need any immodium. Last WD (Was taking orally) that was the first side effect and thats when I knew the WD started. Last night was the first sleepless nights with restless legs, been 4 days since my last dose so I dont think i'll be needing any.

I started off on 2 20mg oc with 4x5mg oxynorm and we from that was same as the 4x40mg UK ocs and 4x20mg oxynorm iv increased too now wd follows tolerance with me :-/ shame we don't get meth here as I could tweak a few days to drop tolerance

I find oxycodone to be the worst of the worst when it comes to withdrawal. For me, way worse than dilaudid and even heroin. The anxiety and restlessness is unmatched with oxycodone.