• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What was your pre-rave "scene" association?

Innocuous said:
I've been lots of things, but essentually they're all the same; short skirts, long stockings and too much kohl. Tarten with ladders, Punk; black with white lace petticoat and sleek black corset, Goth; crochet with mismatched stripy socks and a few mirrors, Hippy; glowsticks, glitter, tricolour socks, reflective, black light responsive, with optional drug related text, Raver.
I think deep down, I'm a culture slut.

omg, i think i want to stalk you =D tartan, petticoats, stripy socks omg omg! :D

undeniably metal head!!

So many saturday nights drinkin VB cans listening to Metalica, then getting stoned off our titties... good times!;)

SkiNLaB said:
song names? i wanna check them out, PM me or something, cuz this is a little off topic!

Check out anything from S.U.N Project - orginally the members intended to play pure metal, but instead merged both metal and psytrance - and having seen them live, they are amazing :)

okay well originally I guess I was a dorky little fat kid that had no friends and was WAY too into reading etc...

Then I realised that it was okay to have a social life, and it was all about Nick Cave, Concrete Blonde, PJ Harvey, anything else kinda pseudo-gothy/intellectual....

Then there was the acoustic/hippy/folky period...Tiddas, Things of Stone and Wood, Indigo Girls, stuff like that...

Then the weird shit phase: Tiny Tim, Yoko Ono, the Shaggs...

Then hardcore punk/industrial/anything heavy sounding: Sex Pistols, Babes In Toyland, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein etc...

Now I'm discovering hip-hop and rap, but I've discovered that I actually like all types of music as long as the music itself is good. So I wouldn't really call myself a raver, though I love a good doof too. =D

--Raz--

haste said:
Check out anything from S.U.N Project - orginally the members intended to play pure metal, but instead merged both metal and psytrance - and having seen them live, they are amazing :)

you bastard! they are just about my favorite in psy!!! *jeolous*

skinlab...i'll get a list for u and pm you ...one more though is 'skazi' ....its rocking my world!

off topic? yeah sorry i tend to do that :eek:

well.....i'm still new to all this. been a yr and i still consider myself a rookie. but b4 all that i used to really be into rap and hip hop. all that snoopy and dre stuff. b4 that it was slipknot. how does that work hey?

Used to be heavily into the aussie/american, grunge/punk/ska scene

I lost all my old mp3 cd's :( sad...

onetwothreefour said:
omg, i think i want to stalk you =D tartan, petticoats, stripy socks omg omg! :D

i'll try not to wear all three at once then ;)

I'm ashamed to say it I was a big underage metro and chasers a.k.a ZOS girl :( OMG I even liked Andy Van back then *shudders*

[electrobot] said:
I'm ashamed to say it I was a big underage metro and chasers a.k.a ZOS girl :( OMG I even liked Andy Van back then *shudders*

it could be worse, you could still be that same person ;)

Let me see, I was really into rap when I was younger(PE, NWA etc), then for years I was into the punk/hardcore scene (my Fav band is and will always be Propagandhi), I used to go to the Arthouse a lot, and before that cheesy FREEZA punk nights in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
When I turned 18, I started going to gay clubs and bars(like 3 faces, the Peel-eeeeeww), but that didn't last as I hated the cheesy House/Kylie music, and the fact I bumped into my year 12 History teacher at the peel the night before an exam which wasn't really fun.
Then I was invited to go to an Earthcore (Toolangi '96)with some friends, and that's where my love of Techno began (I think it was the Source Experience I saw). I still listen to a bit of punk stuff, but now it's mostly minimal techno that I listen to.

I had no idea there would be so many metal heads here!

I started listening to Metallica and Pantera when I was about 11, started listening to heavier stuff such as black metal around 15.
Started playing synth and joined black/gothic/thrash metal band Veil of Anguish who I still play for now (Melbourne/Geelong area).

Went to the Big Day Out (Forget which year, Chemical Brothers headlined), took my first pill and started listening to trance.

Moved onto techno, hard NRG & trance, now mostly like break beats and d&b.

Still love metal though, but don't like the typical 'metal-head' mentality...

well, if you can call being an anti-social computer nerd a "scene" then that was my scene.

after doing that until the age of 23 i was tired of it... but during that time i had done lots of stuff (nothing mega tho, i cannot say i've ever committed myself to one pursuit only, except computers)

my first rave was Two Tribes 2002, and it changed my life!!!

i honestly feel that i'm having my adolescence now, but with the extra income that a stable career (if such a myth exists in today's world) brings.

Still yet to find my passion and my true "scene". I think i mite just have to create my own.

Its never too late to change who you are.

Cohaa.

I started listening to Metallica and Pantera when I was about 11, started listening to heavier stuff such as black metal around 15.
Started playing synth and joined black/gothic/thrash metal band Veil of Anguish who I still play for now (Melbourne/Geelong area).

Oh wow, you must know Emma (gorno) then? I'll get her to contact you as she knows you guys and stuff. I went to one of the members (birthday??) party a couple years back in Geelong with her.

Well I spent pretty much all of youth as being a pretty angry kid. Up until I was 22 ('96), all wanted to listen to was whatever reflected my torchered soul at the time. Be it alternative to represent my disgust at the world, a flickering of pop to help get over guilt and the rest of the time it was Metallica. After I turned 22 I stopped drinkning for a year and I started hating all the things I were and loved. Discovered Techno and it helped me mellow out my anger. It eventually became virtually the only genre I was interested in for years, got into raves in early 2001 after going through a year long love affair with Happy Hardcore :eek:.

I was a rocker...!!! Fully in a band, doing the Sydney pub circuit, and all. Me boys are still rockin' it out - check out Six Pocket Theory if ya's get a chance...!!!

Yeah - fully over that now, though. Still into all sorts of music, but totally over my dreams of the famous rock band thing. Now just wanna be a SUPERSTAR DJ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punker, through and through.

Still listen to the music, still love it. Would go to a gig if any of my fave bands came down.

ahhhh memories.

Seeing Pennywise and NOFX on pills was faaaantastic.

Is it just taken for granted that everyone here is a raver, or somehow involved in the rave scene?

Because I'm not, at all. I'm here because I like drugs.

Is it just taken for granted that everyone here is a raver, or somehow involved in the rave scene?

^not at all ... i hope.

I was an african american who lived in the South Central ghetto .. i mean i liked gangsta rap. Nowadays, I wouldn't call myself a raver though, I'm still that same old ghetto thugster that your mother warned you about.