• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What was this bad "heroin?"

^
Dude, you just lost a million points for spelling Philly wrong.

I've only gotten a stimulant in my dope once. It was cocaine. They were some free "sample" bags given to me. I went back to him and told him to don't even consider selling coke laced dope. (He admitted he cut it with coke. The bags never made it out. He only made up a few bundles to test out the reaction. Dude thought he had a hot idea. :| )

lacey k said:
My cousin copped a bundle in paterson like a week and a half ago of somi e shit that she said didnt even get her high. She just felt sick like you described, and her veins n arms were burning and she felt all hot and uncomfortable, not high at all and the shit was totally bunk other than makin her feel sick as hell and burnin her veins. It sounds like some of the same shit. i aint try any of it but thats what i heard. next bun after that was straight tho. I dont know, im postin this after not readin none of the other posts yet so maybe i will see a suggestion of what it was but LI aint the only spot bunk dope is at lately .

OK now after readin the whole thread, IDK why someone would say that theres a 99% chance that it was coke if he specifically said he didnt get high or feel any kid of pleasurable effects from it but who knows. around here the consistency of coke aint nothing like dope anyways. dope is very light brown to light gray or white sometimes coke definately aint brown usually,and dope comes in very fine flakey powder or grainy powder while coke got a very different texture. Iunno, i aint sayin its impossible, anything can happen and i guess with the right things mixed in you coulld make the two look kinda similar. but usually it aint too hard to tell between coke and dope peeps.

Cocaine is the only additive that would cause the ringing in the ears thing. Amphetamine (but not meth, for some reason, I dunno why) is known to cause it as well, but it lasts for a long time (3-5 hours- Ref: Journal Of Psychoactive Drugs, somewhere between 2001 and 2006) but is very rare, with less than 5% of users reporting it. The first time I ever took prescription adderall I lost about 80% of my hearing, but it was nothing like you'd get from cocaine.

Strychnine is a stimulant, but not a stimulant of the amphetamine/caffeine/cocaine/betel nut variety. It's purely a respiratory stimulant.

Strychnine poisoning can be fatal to humans and can be introduced to the body by inhalation, swallowing or absorption through eyes or mouth. It produces some of the most dramatic and painful symptoms of any known toxic reaction. For this reason, strychnine poisoning is often used in literature and film.

Ten to twenty minutes after exposure, the body's muscles begin to spasm, starting with the head and neck. The spasms then spread to every muscle in the body, with nearly continuous convulsions, and get worse at the slightest stimulus. The convulsions progress, increasing in intensity and frequency until the backbone arches continually. Death comes from asphyxiation caused by paralysis of the neural pathways that control breathing, or by exhaustion from the convulsions. The subject will die within 2–3 hours after exposure. At the point of death, the body "freezes" immediately, even in the middle of a convulsion, resulting in instantaneous rigor mortis.

There is no specific antidote for strychnine. Treatment of strychnine poisoning involves an oral application of an activated charcoal infusion which serves to absorb any poison within the digestive tract that has not yet been absorbed into the blood. Anticonvulsants such as phenobarbital or diazepam are administered to control convulsions, along with muscle relaxants such as dantrolene to combat muscle rigidity.[1] If the patient survives past 24 hours, recovery is probable.

Small doses of strychnine were once used in medications as a stimulant, a laxative and as a treatment for other stomach ailments. Strychnine has stimulant effects at low doses but because of its high toxicity and tendency to cause convulsions the use of strychnine in medicine was eventually abandoned once safer alternatives became available.

The dosage for medical use was cited as between "1/60th grain–1/10th grain", which is between 1.1 milligrams and 6.4 milligrams in modern measures. Normally the maximum dosage used was 3.2 mg, half of a "full dose".[2] A lethal dose was cited as 1/2 a grain (32 mg), but people have been known to die from as little as 5 mg of strychnine.

The treatment for strychnine poisoning in the late 19th and early 20th centuries was to administer tannic acid which precipitates the strychnine as an insoluble tannate salt, and then to anaesthetise the patient with chloroform until the effects of the strychnine had worn off.

It wouldn't cause any of the effects that were described.

Amphetamine is a possible second, but it's also rather unlikely to produce the effects described.

Just because he didn't feel high from the injection that it wasn't cocaine. Many people find that they don't feel high from cocaine the first time they used it. Used by injection though, there'd be no way he could miss the ears ringing and adrenergic effects it produces.

Even if he had past experience with cocaine, if he wasn't very familiar with it (no mention about it) accidentally shooting cocaine IV could produce a very dysphoric reaction.

I'm basing my "99%" chance on the preponderance of the evidence, not as some random quip I thought I'd add. If you haven't noticed, I'm not one for random comments without a logical basis. I am one for being a dick sometimes, though. I don't know if that's relevant here though ;).

Your comments about the difference in consistency of heroin and cocaine are accurate- but they're not set in stone, really. I don't think we're talking about quality coke here. If it's an orange color it's got nothing in common with commonly seen heroin or cocaine. Based on that observation, the shits obviously cut to hell. You think you could tell the difference between heavily cut cocaine and heavily cut herion, assuming they were cut with the same dilutants?

I mean, when you mix a bunch of powder together, and your heroin or coke is only 5-15% of the mix, it's gonna be difficult.

It's obviously not fishscale fresh off the boat from columbia, and it's not "muy puro" #4 heroin, it's obviously cut to shit crap that's been stepped on more than Hillary Clinton with a pogo stick on Bill's testicles...

Meh... If I had access to it, I could test it and answer this... But it's 12 hours away and used up days ago..

Well, I wasnt bein a dick to you, im just tellin you straight up, my cousin is a IV heroin user, and a IV coke user, and has been both for a long time and is extremely familiar with the highs of both. I really dont think she would not be able to tell the difference. Also, i never said shit about ringin in the ears, cuz she didnt mention that, just the discomfort, nausea, burning, weird kinda "off" effects n in general feelin horrible for a few hours, so IDK. I wasnt callin you out, jus sayin. not meanin to say u dont know what ur talkin about, but straight up, I know my cuz better than you and I know she dont tell no bullshit stories, if it was coke she woulda recognized in a second n enjoyed it not complained about how it was totally fuckin bunk and a huge waste. Jus my 2. im sure SonOFs and her 'dope' was 2 diff. batches now that i re read it but w/ever who knows.

I have a close friend who is a denver fire fighter who is always warning me about scopolamine cut heroin. I dont know if he is just trying to scare me or what (he knows I like my drugs, but I tend to avoid opiates for the most part), but I thought I would mention it here, as the effects listed above sound ominously similar to what he describes as the effects he says the unlucky buyers of it get upon injection.

egor said:
I have a close friend who is a denver fire fighter who is always warning me about scopolamine cut heroin. I dont know if he is just trying to scare me or what (he knows I like my drugs, but I tend to avoid opiates for the most part), but I thought I would mention it here, as the effects listed above sound ominously similar to what he describes as the effects he says the unlucky buyers of it get upon injection.

Well scopolamine is a tropane like cocaine, explains maybe the description of symptoms which some are reading as cocaine. Would anybody know if the color of powder scopolamine would have an orange tinge?

I have also been getting similiar effects from my black tar heroin. I have no choice but to use it causes hes my only dealer.