• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Heroin What was this bad "heroin?"

SonOF

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 6, 1999
Messages
4,920
A friend of mine told me that he recently copped some heroin from his usual guy (someone I too have scored off in the past and never had any problems) and had a very odd reaction after injecting. He said that his heart rate skyrocketed, he became very flushed, and ears began ringing (he said "I felt like I was at a rock concert"); overall extremely uncomfortable/ not enjoyable.

He said after doing some research he first he thought he may have been experiencing cotton fever. However, after telling the dealer the story, the dealer told him someone else complained of a similar reaction. The dealer subsequently stopped selling this crap as not to endanger anyone else, and said he would talk to his source.

When I first heard about the ears ringing, I thought the substance may have been coke. While neither he nor I have any experience with IV coke, I have heard many say that often times one's ears will ring after a shot. However, it seems unlikely that someone would package straight coke as H (what would be the point?), and like I said, my friend didn't feel any pleasure along with the ill effects.

Anyone have a any similar experience that might know what kind of substance/ cut this was? Pretty scary stuff, in my opinion. Personally I don't IV, but even if I had sniffed that substance and experienced a crappy stimulant-like "buzz" when I was expecting a heroin high, I would have been plenty nervous.

Down with fake-ass drugs, especially dangerous ones. :p
 

MethaContin

Ex-Bluelighter
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
3,980
That Sucks...... It May have been Cocaine, But its usually easy to spot out cocaine..............
 

SonOF

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 6, 1999
Messages
4,920
MethaContin said:
TBut its usually easy to spot out cocaine..............

I thought the same. Although my friend isn't familiar with doing IV coke, I assume that since he has done enough in his day (sniffing), he'd have been be able to tell that the substance was coke by taste / smell / look / feel even before injecting it.
 

Ham-milton

Bluelighter
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
5,746
99% chance your friend got sold cocaine.

I can see why he'd be upset not expecting it. There's a pretty huge difference in the rush from heroin and cocaine. I'd have feared death, too. Well, I'd have figured it out, if it was my first time, I'd have been really freaked out.

Snorting it, though, you'd probably figure it out without the anxiety and roll with it. Unless you really hate cocaine, I doubt you'd be upset.
 

Ham-milton

Bluelighter
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
5,746
SonOF said:
I thought the same. Although my friend isn't familiar with doing IV coke, I assume that since he has done enough in his day (sniffing), he'd have been be able to tell that the substance was coke by taste / smell / look / feel even before injecting it.

If it was cut to hell? Doubtful. If he was shooting up decent amount of what he assumed was heroin, it could have been 5-10% and he'd still have had one hell of a rush.
 

MethaContin

Ex-Bluelighter
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
3,980
SonOF said:
I thought the same. Although my friend isn't familiar with doing IV coke, I assume that since he has done enough in his day (sniffing), he'd have been be able to tell that the substance was coke by taste / smell / look / feel even before injecting it.



Yep, maybe it wasent coke, But an Amphetamine-Type Substance?
 

pennywise

Bluelighter
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
5,196
MethaContin said:
Yep, maybe it wasent coke, But an Amphetamine-Type Substance?


It was most likely bad dope cut with either amphetamine, caffeine, or strychnine (or all three I guess). I have had experience getting bad dope like this that had negative stimulant effects that went beyond what I would expect from caffeine or amphetamines. I also saw a bag of dope that was field tested by the cops return a positive hit for amphetamines. They sometimes cut dope with this crap because they think that people are too stupid to tell the difference between a large dose of some crappy stimulant and an opiate rush.


"Strychnine has stimulant effects at low doses..." Source: Wikipedia

Strychnine in Heroin
 

SonOF

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 6, 1999
Messages
4,920
pennywise said:
It was most likely bad dope cut with either amphetamine, caffeine, or strychnine (or all three I guess). I have had experience getting bad dope like this that had negative stimulant effects that went beyond what I would expect from caffeine or amphetamines. I also saw a bag of dope that was field tested by the cops return a positive hit for amphetamines. They sometimes cut dope with this crap because they think that people are too stupid to tell the difference between a large dose of some crappy stimulant and an opiate rush.


"Strychnine has stimulant effects at low doses..." Source: Wikipedia

Strychnine in Heroin


Yeah, you would think it would be counter-productive to cut dope with a stimulant, but I know there are some fools out there that won't even complain about the cut because they are still getting "fucked up," even if it isn't the right kind of "fucked up." I know some people that just want to see a big bag regardless of what the hell is filling that bag up. Give me the skimpy bag of quality dope over the heavy satchel of 'mystery powder' any day. :\
 

syyth007

Bluelighter
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
218
Location
south jersey
I know there is some really crappy dope, with effects that you described, going around the US NE area. Was it yellow, almost orange color? There is some bad stuff that is infact heroin, but is cut with some cheap crappy amphetamine type stuff. I remember back in the late 90's when some dumbasses cut their diesel with clembutoral (sp) that was some type of asthma medicine for horses. Quite a few junkies bit the dust cuz of that fuck-up.

I'm always wary when I get a never-tested stamp bag. Especially if the smell/look is off in anyway.
 

mukant666

Bluelighter
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
1,614
Location
Austin, Tx (ATX)
Did he feel any opiate high? maybe some coke was mixed with the heroin, which would be dumb as hell for a dealer to do. Could've been a lot of caffeine cut in the H.
 

SonOF

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 6, 1999
Messages
4,920
mukant666 said:
Did he feel any opiate high? maybe some coke was mixed with the heroin, which would be dumb as hell for a dealer to do. Could've been a lot of caffeine cut in the H.


I'm leaning toward an amphetamine or more likely caffeine cut in with some dope. This is actually a second-hand story, I need to talk to the source to find out if he got any dope rush, and what the shit looked like.
 

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
16,371
Location
Hell
SonOF said:
A friend of mine told me that he recently copped some heroin from his usual guy (someone I too have scored off in the past and never had any problems) and had a very odd reaction after injecting. He said that his heart rate skyrocketed, he became very flushed, and ears began ringing (he said "I felt like I was at a rock concert"); overall extremely uncomfortable/ not enjoyable.

He said after doing some research he first he thought he may have been experiencing cotton fever. However, after telling the dealer the story, the dealer told him someone else complained of a similar reaction. The dealer subsequently stopped selling this crap as not to endanger anyone else, and said he would talk to his source.

When I first heard about the ears ringing, I thought the substance may have been coke. While neither he nor I have any experience with IV coke, I have heard many say that often times one's ears will ring after a shot. However, it seems unlikely that someone would package straight coke as H (what would be the point?), and like I said, my friend didn't feel any pleasure along with the ill effects.


My cousin copped a bundle in paterson like a week and a half ago of somi e shit that she said didnt even get her high. She just felt sick like you described, and her veins n arms were burning and she felt all hot and uncomfortable, not high at all and the shit was totally bunk other than makin her feel sick as hell and burnin her veins. It sounds like some of the same shit. i aint try any of it but thats what i heard. next bun after that was straight tho. I dont know, im postin this after not readin none of the other posts yet so maybe i will see a suggestion of what it was but LI aint the only spot bunk dope is at lately .

OK now after readin the whole thread, IDK why someone would say that theres a 99% chance that it was coke if he specifically said he didnt get high or feel any kid of pleasurable effects from it but who knows. around here the consistency of coke aint nothing like dope anyways. dope is very light brown to light gray or white sometimes coke definately aint brown usually,and dope comes in very fine flakey powder or grainy powder while coke got a very different texture. Iunno, i aint sayin its impossible, anything can happen and i guess with the right things mixed in you coulld make the two look kinda similar. but usually it aint too hard to tell between coke and dope peeps.
 

SonOF

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 6, 1999
Messages
4,920
lacey k said:
I dont know, im postin this after not readin none of the other posts yet so maybe i will see a suggestion of what it was but LI aint the only spot bunk dope is at lately .

My boy cops in Bushwick, Brooklyn, so who know...it could have been the same batch...
 

PhilaPunK

Bluelighter
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
79
Location
Nebraska
ive had the same batch. it looked just like dope, but when injected my heart began to race, and i felt very uncomfortable. the feeling lasted all day long. i have scored this stuff twice and it made me very ill. i had a horrible headache and my bones ached. btw i am in PHILADELPHIA, PA. not too far from jersey so im sure its the same shit. watch out for this garbage!!!

also it had sorta an orange tint to it.
 

pennywise

Bluelighter
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
5,196
^ believe it or not, many separate batches of dope are cut with stimulant, the chances of it being the same batch are quite slim.

but i forgive you cuz you are from philly, and everyone know that people from philly are awesome.

did yours have a red star stamp by any chance?
 

robatussin

Bluelighter
Joined
Oct 8, 2002
Messages
1,523
Location
Philly
yeah people from philly ARE awesome.....thank you pennywise.

I have had one batch of dope over the years that definately had coke in it. Needless to say the bundle went pretty fast
 

zootjustzoot

Bluelighter
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
30
I too have had a similar experience. Late October, also in Phili, my bf copped some dope that gave us both a racing heartbeat. I also occasionally IV coke, so I know that it wasn't that. After a very short 'rush-like' experience, this shit gave me absolutely no pleasurable or opiate-like effects. On the contrary, it reminded me of just experiencing the comedown of cocaine/speed. It felt like I took way too many caffeine pills. When I got home I immediately shot a bag of the 'real' dope that I had copped earlier in the day. Normally after shooting a bag, then following it with another bag even a couple of hours later, I get somewhat of an 'accumulative effect' (duh). After shooting the 'real' dope, however, I would describe my feeling as baseline rather than high. I remember it took me an additional bag to get a nod on (I didn't have a habit at this point--only two weeks out of rehab--so a single bag would normally be enough to get me to that place I love).
On a side note, this 'dope' was the only drug that I have ever completely forgotten about (I have misplaced enough drugs to keep me high for awhile, but have never forgotten that they should have been in my possession). A week later I was washing clothes at my mom's house and three bags of the shit ended up in the lint trap.
 
Top