• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS What was the lowest point in your life as a result of drug use?

In terms of the most desperate shit I've done it was probably searching through my sharps bin for weeks old syringes full of congealed blood and trying to suck it out and inject it because I was so desperate.

Psychologically that didnt really affect me though, lowest time was just due to an extended period of isolation.

You would think the low point would be all the gay prostitution when I’m definitely straight.

But it would probably actually be stealing several thousand cash from my parents gun safe right after getting back from rehab.

H/crack/benzos...

Yeah, in my experience it's the harm you cause to people you care about that's really hard to live with. Not the harm you did to yourself.

My lowest point is much like many others here. Homeless, begging for money every day, or doing even worse shit for money like stealing or prostitution.

But none of it is as bad as how badly I hurt the people I love. That's the part that really stings... :(

Unless you're a psychopath or something, hurting people you care about always hurts more than hurting yourself.

Nodding out in front of my kids. Taking them with me to score. Sitting in parking lots for hours waiting for my fix while being frustrated with them in the backseat for being bored.

makes me shake and feel sick even typing it. I can’t believe the person I was for so long.

I’ve probably hit rock bottom 3 or 4 times over my 41 years but my pinnacle moment would have to be rocking up to work an hour late, still blind drunk, reeking of vodka and having my boss haul my arse into her car and take me to the local GP for help.

Not my finest moment

Shot up heroin yesterday infront of my co workers, then had 3 co workers help me look for a half bag of heroin i dropped. And im the fucking Supervisor lol...

Not encouraging you AT ALL, but must commend you for the superior form there 😂

Not being able to think or feel, anymore ( there is a numb you reach for but losing control of that was hell) - being a zombie, was a situation wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

my boss calling me into the conference room to ask me what's wrong and trying to keep my hands off the desk because they were burnt up with plastic from melted bic lighters smoking crack. saying she didn't believe me when i said nothing, and to figure it out or next time we talked it'd be different.

dealing with the psychosis after i quit was worse. at least i still had crack and sleep to crave, prior. i cried to my mommy about it. i was surrounded by palpable darkness.

rationing narcan to keep myself conscious because it kept wearing off before whatever opiate i was on, yet refusing to call for help. smoking more crack even though i felt i was at the edge of a heart attack and figuring it didn't matter if i died (selfish, i didn't care because i knew i'd be the dead one and not have to deal with it).

after the first time, i told myself i'd kill myself before having to taper off of benzos again. should be dead a dozen times over if i kept my promise.

using with my little brother even though i knew he was out of control. because his connect was better than mine.

knowing that one of my parents might die while i'm still sick, before i have it together. that they'll die worrying i won't make it despite all the opportunity they provided me. that they might not know how much i appreciate it.

Last edited:
When I came out of a multiple month long benzo blackout and then spent the next 6 months with my family and friends dropping hints at all the different ways I'd humiliated myself and my best friend refusing to speak to me because I apparently told his girlfriend I loved her and then years later having my girlfriend of 4 years finish with me because of rumours from that 2-3 month period ☹️

my boss calling me into the conference room to ask me what's wrong and trying to keep my hands off the desk because they were burnt up with plastic from melted bic lighters smoking crack. saying she didn't believe me when i said nothing, and to figure it out or next time we talked it'd be different.

dealing with the psychosis after i quit was worse. at least i still had crack and sleep to crave, prior. i cried to my mommy about it. i was surrounded by palpable darkness.

rationing narcan to keep myself conscious because it kept wearing off before whatever opiate i was on, yet refusing to call for help. smoking more crack even though i felt i was at the edge of a heart attack and figuring it didn't matter if i died (selfish, i didn't care because i knew i'd be the dead one and not have to deal with it).

after the first time, i told myself i'd kill myself before having to taper off of benzos again. should be dead a dozen times over if i kept my promise.

using with my little brother even though i knew he was out of control. because his connect was better than mine.

knowing that one of my parents might die while i'm still sick, before i have it together. that they'll die worrying i won't make it despite all the opportunity they provided me. that they might not know how much i appreciate it.
How the fuck u burn ur hands with melted bic plastic?

I also recently found out that, about a year before I got clean, my wife video tapes me nodding out on methadone. She was asking me question like “is your family important to you? Do you feel ashamed or embarrassed?” And I was sitting there, eyes closed, mouth open, muttering nonsense to her. Then she starts to bawl and cuts off the camera.

I didn’t even know this video existed until last week. We were discussing my recovery and celebrating another year of success and she felt like it might be far enough removed that she could show me.

it was fucking roooooouuuuugh. It made me feel physically ill to say the least.

I also recently found out that, about a year before I got clean, my wife video tapes me nodding out on methadone. She was asking me question like “is your family important to you? Do you feel ashamed or embarrassed?” And I was sitting there, eyes closed, mouth open, muttering nonsense to her. Then she starts to bawl and cuts off the camera.

I didn’t even know this video existed until last week. We were discussing my recovery and celebrating another year of success and she felt like it might be far enough removed that she could show me.

Ouch, yeah imagining myself in that position, that sounds really rough. Perhaps even a little excessive. Understandable, but excessive. I dunno about you but for me I find that kinda stuff easy to have the opposite of the intended effect. Having your mind do its usual junkie propaganda thing and make you feel like everything's so fucked you may as well keep using.

I suppose that's why they waited to show it to you which was probably very smart.

I apparently had sex with the woman of my dreams, and I was too drunk to remember it.

• Haha
Reactions: CFC
Every guilt-ridden comedown from every busted high gotten within a few weeks of “quitting for good”.

There’s been several of these over 30 + years of stim use/abuse.

Shame just adds another layer to hell and makes me want to call it qu

'll
^when a bic runs low, you can pry the metal shield off and it will light a few more times. then there's nothing between the flame and the plastic, and it drips onto your hand.

Damn! If that isn't fucking hardcore, I don't know what is!

Now that is a fucking reality train comin' right down the tracks for YOU!

Selling every single posession i owned for More crack AND morphine. Losing the love of my life cause i jumped out of a 3story window 5 minutes after having a seizure iving too much Cocaine,broke both my front tooth during the seizure cause i myhead kept Banging against the floor. After i jumped out the window i impaled my leg on a metal fence. I survived AND did 45 days in a mental institution. I appeared on TV.....

Oh, I have a good one.

I overindulged in 3-MeO-PCP. I was using it heavily, multiple times a day, large-ish doses (10mg - 50mg) plugged and one night sat down to smoke a bowl and do some. Next thing my mind goes blank. it caused a fugue state where I ended up wandering my house like a zombie, unable to communicate and "with no life behind my eyes" - freaking the fuck out of my poor mother. I was running into furniture and making strange guttural sounds. Eventually I passed out and thanks to the massive amount of dissociative anesthetic I was on, had a GCS of 3 - which usually indicates absence of brain activity, i.e. Very Bad. EMS took me to the local hospital. The doctors were concerned I may have had a stroke or aneurysm (no response) and ordered emergency CT. I think by the time they found PCP in a blood/urine test they freaked out and put me in restraints. My memory kicks back in as I'm laying in an ICU bed, with a catheter up my dick, restrained by hands and legs, and full of IV's. Needless to say I was an absolute wreck - it's confusing enough to wake up in restraints, but when the staff are treating you like a fucking child and seemingly demonstrate no empathy, it makes everything worse. Struggling against the restraints and crying out won me a prize of a nice big bolus of haloepridol. By the time they finally released me from my restraints, the Haldol was coming on and I started to stagger. Two security ogres dumped me in an isolation room where I passed out. When I woke up I found myself wholly unable to move. I needed to be carted around in a wheelchair and could barely make a thumbs-up gesture, Let alone talk. Took a good couple days to clear that shit out.

Thus began a 2 week stay in the inpatient psychiatric unit. I also managed to damage my muscles pretty badly in the stuggle against the restraints - nothing like a nice case of rhabdomyolysis to keep you in the hospital. Met some interesting folks there (quiet, unassuming asian kid who was there for attempting to torch his family's residence - he got as far as poring gasoline everywhere before he was caught. Or the guy who insisted Bill Gates gave him his coat outside a Safeway. Or the nice Chinese jewelry designer who was simply there because her parents were abusive fucks. Or the guy who led cops on a midnight chase, buck-naked and frying on meth, through bramble bushes and rough woodlands. A real cast of chcarcters.), and the doctors were almost uniformly secretly interested in PCP.... it's not common at all any more.

Then when I came out, all my perosnal posessions had been thrown out, save for clothing, my PC, books, etc - my mother, whom I lived with at the time, decided to go through all my shit and discard any drug-related anything. I lost a copy of PiHKAL, TiHKAL, and the Shulgin Index. And also got the indignity of preumably having my limited collection of paper-based pr0n discovered (and discarded). My parents were duly unimpressed, my girlfriend left me as soon as I got out the psych ward (nice timing...) and to this day my mother refuses to sleep in the same building as me.

The irony is, my 3-MeO-PCP stash was stored in a suit-jacket coat pocket. It was still there when I got back. I would be lying if I said I didn't do more to celebrate....

Losing the love of my life cause i jumped out of a 3story window
I once was bedded in the hospital beside some poor moron who apparently got pissed drunk and jumped off a balcony while fleeing police. Broke both his ankles, kept going for a bit, leaving his feet thoroughly fucked. (different hospital stay than above). I guess they wouldn't give him any narcotics because he was drunk as fuck, and to be fair, he was mostly asking for alcohol, which they would portion out one shot every few hours. The real kicker is, I guess he had recently broken his ankles pulling a similar stunt, and they had barely healed by the time he decided to do it all over. The doctor didn't seem to want to split them again.