• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Nostalgia S&G Video Game Nostalgia Thread

I think this depends on one's perception entirely.
We have such strong feelings for these games because they were our childhood,
a time where we had our eyes wide open and everything felt new.
That doesn't mean there no longer are any good games, (there are thousands of adventure games)
just that over time we will have seen a lot of different types of games,
although we won't see it as "wow, that's a new awesome game i've never seen",
instead our reaction will more be like "Oh, it's like Dota in 3D"

Nothing new under the sun

Yes, you're correct - to a point.

Kids have now long passed the point where they can be impressed.

Graphics are already so realistic that nobody gives a shit anymore.

One of the best games I've ever played on a PC was 'Serious Sam'.

Anyone else remember that?

1*CHpGqF5_AjZCgQokepOIHQ.jpeg

I was lucky to have an amiga when i was younger so got to experience alot of games as a kid.

Qbert was the first game i got hooked on the amiga. Was the first game that got me hooked!

After that i had the pleasure of donkey kong on the snes which also had alot of gameplay and was also mega addicting.

Also have to mention sensible soccer back when it was on PC. I spent alot of time on sensible soccer 96-98

Donkey Kong! Super Mario Bros etc on SNES! But then was still quite young. I remember GTA and smugglers run for the PlayStation. Pokémon yellow, Zelda on the Gameboy. Final fantasy VII.

I remember as a kid being gifted an original gameboy and played Mario on it, that was probably the first game I got addicted to.

I was then gifted an original Nintendo which had DuckHunt, Mario 1-3, and many others. I’d even go rent games for it from this old rental shop.

I was big into these games but I’d say out of all the games I played, later on around 10-11 I got Morrowind, I still play it and love it to this day.

Diablo 2 was good, Warcraft 2 n 3, Starcraft, all good but I guess it all came with a price huh? Why can’t nerds produce good games without sexually assaulting their female coworkers?

-GC

I bought AoE 1 and 2 recently cuz I love them so much, just so I can play it randomly once a year or so. I don’t game much these days but Age of Emps was the shit.

Darkstone was good too if anyone remembers that one.

-GC
How was the resolution? Did they upscale it really good?

Alpha Centauri I think was the ultimate turn strat from those days with AOE close behind it.

Follow Manor Lords if you don’t know about it. Many AOE and CIV players are waiting for this. Should be out not too long from now.

I've been having a blast replaying Diddy Kong's Quest on Switch.

T7D8LcK.jpg

I remember this game being SO difficult as a kid. I always got too frustrated and would just watch my brother play. We'd wake up super early on saturdays and I'd pour a huge glass of orange juice.

one of the best soundtracks of all time btw. Including this masterpiece:

Last edited: