• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What was it? Stimulant Synthetic Pink Powder (in 2011)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfpupNX

Greenlighter
Hi there,

4 years ago, I had a rather frightening experience with a stimulant that I still think about once in a while - I've always wondered what it was, so I thought why not post and see if anyone knows?

This would have been early 2011. It came as a sample along with some K2 incense (the stuff that simulates marijuana). I didn't know what it was, but it was in a little foil packet - I want to say it was called something along the lines of Amazonian Rainforest or Amazonian Goddess, but I can't remember exactly - it was something like that but perhaps not that. The substance itself was a pink, semi-sticky powder (I want to say 1g total?), and mode of use was to mix in juice (but you could probably also snort it).

It (the whole packet, which was probably too much even though it was small - there were no directions and it was a really STUPID thing to do to assume it was safe) gave a really intense euphoria and energy that felt great at first (dancing around, etc.) but ended up in prolonged (~8 hour) panic attack/racing heart (to the point I almost called an ambulance). After that I felt terrible (achy...probably from the palpitations, and super tired, without ability to even get an erection) and slept for like 2 days before I started to feel normal again.

I've often wondered if I could have done any lasting damage from this experience. That said, my doctor assured me a single experience shouldn't have caused long-term damage to my heart or boosted something like aneurysm risk, and the good news is it scared me into starting to get serious about my health, so I'm living quite a bit healthier than back then (eating better, exercising, no more synthetics, and drinking moderately).

Still, I'm curious if anyone has any ideas what it could have been (either generically or a specific product that was sold then). Around that time, I guessed it might be mephedrone, but that was only a guess.

Thank you! And always be sure WHAT you're ingesting before you even THINK about doing it; it may continue to haunt you long after the fact if you have a bad reaction!

it´s impossible to say what it was, without having it analysed in a lab.
as you said, mephedrone comes to mind, but it could also been a myriad of other things.

you learned something out of that experience, that counts.

edit: welcome to bluelight!

stimutant, thanks much for chiming in! I did learn something, and that's probably the most valuable thing that could have happened.

Any other replies welcome if anyone has any ideas - I realize it's all speculation though (unless someone name's a product and I recall that was the name or something).

If you got it from a head shop it was probably MDPV, mephedrone or methylone. I believe those were the three most popularly used drugs in "bath salts"

Status
Not open for further replies.