• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

what type of heroin is this?

hereinindy

Greenlighter
Question on what type of h this is. I am from chicgago and am used to getting powdered number 4 in what are called blow's or .1 foil packaging. I moved down to indy a couple years ago and the only thing i am able to find is light to medium brown h that usually comes in rock form depending on how much i purchase. Generally i buy a gram at a time. The h in question has a light to med ammonia smell the taste is very bitter and it provides a nice rush with decent legs. I didn't bang the h i used to get from the chi back then i only snorted. As most of us know or will tell you is that given long enough you will turn to the needle. I guess my question is do you think this is black tar that has been mixed with either lactose or mannitol. It mixes in water fairly easy with no need to ad heat. The solution is then either a dark brown for fat shots of .3-.5. or a tan almost dehydrated urine color.

im trying to figure out how to post an image because as of right now i don't have permission.

my question is do you think this is black tar that has been mixed with either lactose or mannitol. It mixes in water fairly easy with no need to ad heat.

I think that is exactly what it is. It's called Gunpowder in a lot of places (prob because it's not really tar OR powder, but a cross between the two)

it should be better than normal tar, but probably not as good as what you would get in Chicago if I had to guess over the internet

https://imageshack.com/i/f0cNOB7Qj[/QUOTE]

you almost had it btw, you just have to type after the letter j at the end to signal the end of the image file

It is pretty good thats why i had some doubt that it may be tar. I've only experienced tar 2 other times before this (once in Hawaii and the other my friend picked some up that was cooked down, both were pretty good but not as good as the Chicago china white) The h in question can very slightly in color from gray to deep brown.

tar isn't necessarily bad it just always looks kind of shitty really. looks like weed resin IMO. doesn't mean it won't possibly have a high purity, but odds are it wont. and even a lot of east coast powder is highly stepped on, don't believe the hype about all of it. but it looks a lot more appealing than any tar ever in existence.

im really not sure what took so long to popularize gunpowder heroin in all honesty. I see people from cali raving about it on the internet and I don't get what took the Mexicans so long to figure this out. I guess they just didnt really care and knew they had the market on lock anyway

I got tar in Philly once. Even the dude I got it from was just like "yeah idk man..." but I had heard about it on BL so I was actually kind of intrigued

and this guy on meth I was grabbing it with just kept saying "good shootin dope!" over and over after he got his fix but I think any heroin is "good shooting dope" if you really think about it

Last edited:
Hey man I'm from the Chicago area and what I think you got is what we call "raw" dope. Not because its 100% pure but because its what the d-boys make there bags with. They mix the raw and usually dorm in it. Its come in rock form and in all the colors u stated. That would be my guess :)

I'm wondering if it's actual number 4 heroin or if it's black tar that's been turned into a powdered form. I know black tar is number 4. The heroin when warmed or breathed on stays rock hard

ok so i am going to put another image of the h to see if you might be able to verify whiich type of heroin it is.
exYpPpyXj

Once again when breathed on or held in it it doesn't turn into tar. I am starting to think that this might be afghan or columbian number 4.

Anyone else got any ideas of what type this is? Also s some more info maybe to help identify 1 when prepping for a shot i only need water (saline solution from pharmacy) without heat, It cooks down to a light to medium brown color, It mixes into the water with relative ease, it also preps clean nothing left insde my mixing bowl.

Me being me is correct. All the shit around where I am (central illinois) looks just like that. Sometimes it's a bit lighter, sometimes darker. But all in all, the high and legs are about the same. Really for the price I think it's a bit of a ripoff for the amount you get. In my experience, mixed dope lasts a lot longer than "RAW"

Hey y'all. Soon I definitly know what type it is. Dude who said "raw" is right. Although like he said its not 100% uncut dope. They (dbpys) learned how to rerock it. I dpbt feel like going into how I know, but I have a lot of experience with all types of heroin. Maybe after I do my morning shot I will go into everything.

Yeah it's #4
That dope runs all through the midwest

Yeah it does. Tar you really gotta heat up. When I was visiting my friend in ky, right across the river from Cincinnati we used to get the same stuff. Usually in corner sandwich bags. Gunpowder is tar, but processed a little differently. Again you gotta heat it up. I used to get "street ready" dope in San Antonio. It was tar cut with something and we used to heat up a plate on the stove, till it got nice and hot put the dope (which looked similar to this stuff) and we would get a spoon and crush it smoothly into the plate. It would then sort of stick the plate, but would loose all its moisture due to the temp of the plate. We would then scrape it off the plate, and cut it up like coke or a pill and snort it. We'd have to do these big lines but it was worth it BC a gram was only 25$. #4 dissolves with water pretty easy and is what you typically find in that area of the country.

Looks like typical Colombian #4. If it was Mexican it would be insanely hygroscopic and turn to mud in any type of humidity. The fact that it dissolves easily is the cincher because were it Mexican it would usually be hell to dissolve. To confirm, take a match size piece, powederise it and drop it in a shot glass of room temp water. If it mostly to totally dissolves you can bet it is Colombian. #4 from Colombia comes in chocolate brown to chalk white and as #4 it dissolves effortlessly if not adulterated with insane garbage. Powederised Mexican Tar is an Acetate, not a salt and doesnt dissolve without extra effort. It also wouldnt re-rock like the piece you have.