• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What type of cactus is this?

Mr Samadhi said:
Cant say its a pedro... looks nothing like what ive seen in anyone's garden! Please do not ingest! or steal for that matter. Would show a flower of the pedro from my garden, but cant seem to do it... not good with puters :)

Here I'll do it. I exchanged cuttings with an acquaintance of mine. The plant would have been about three feet tall when the cutting was taken. It already had a bud growing from it, that's why such a small specimen managed to flower. Like I said, you can almost fit your fist in that thing.

Attachments

• IMGP0016sm.jpg
    IMGP0016sm.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 196
^
beautiful! id drizzle that flower with a vinegarette and have it as a side dish for dinner :)
Should be light yellowish flesh too..

atom_boy said:
a close up would help but its looking more like a Cereus (or something else innactive) than anything useful to me. the more i look at it the more convinced i am - definately not active

Exactly

Went for a stroll in the sun and noticed this san pedro in someones front garden - always the case lol.. Anyway took this photo for another example!

[URL='http://www.imagefuse.com/my.php?image=11699544022.jpg]
11699544022_tmb.jpg
[/URL]

full image
http://img1.imagefuse.com/anon/11699544022.jpg

edit: forgot to add other to an - heh.

After walking further down the street there was another san pedro that looked taller than the house!! it was tied to the roof, now that mustve taken years to grow. Its a very common plant here, and the area is very humid so good for cactii.
v

Last edited:
what a beautiful looking specimen, would love to see it with those flowers open.

retrogradeamnesia said:
Thats only a lil baby..

attachment.php

Check ya PMs retrogradeamnesia. :)

As for the cacti in the original pic, that is a Cereus peruvianus or a variation thereof. Not active at all.

Last edited:
Cactus Eye

I was at my local large discount supermarket today to pick up some cheap potting mix so i could put in my winter herbs and i stumbled on to the a couple of cacti which really made me look twice, they had four San Pedro cacti for sale in the discount bin for less than a cup off coffee each, I couldn't believe it :)

Attachments

• san pedro.jpg
    san pedro.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
looks like a cereus to me teddles, but then again im no expert and it isnt a perfect pic.

ive heard of nurseries mislabelling things quite a lot

any1 care to prove me wrong? (legitimately curious nothing harsh intended)

Here's some better pics, taken in daylight, They weren't mis-labeled they had no label. I bought a cutting off an internet auction site last year which grew and they look just like the San Pedro in my cactus book and internet. All have five ribs, bar one which has five and a half.

ps. sorry lil'angel for late edit

Attachments

• san pedro.jpg
    san pedro.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 65
  • sanpedro1.jpg
    sanpedro1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 53
  • sanpedro2.jpg
    sanpedro2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 57