• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What To Say And Do To Be Sold Syringes/Needles At The Store?

MeganMAvery1991

Greenlighter
First off I live in Idaho. Second what store(s) are the best for purchasing needles? Some stores we have here that sell them are Walmart, Walgreens and CVS which is so far all I really know of. I personally do not have diabetes but my grandmother is, only thing tho is she doesn't take insulin for it. If they ask if I'm diabetic what all would I need to convince them? Would a blood sugar meter be enough? And do you think it would work if I give the pharmacist a note with the type of syringe and say that my grandmother is diabetic and too sick to buy them herself? And also what all should I say and do to increase my luck as much as possible? Obviously I need to NOT look like I do drugs and very decent and sincere? I don't really know alot about Idaho's laws on purchasing needles but I do know that it is 100% legal for a pharmacist to sell syringes to anybody. Also do you have to be 18+, and would I need an I.D.? Could a minor buy needles if they have a picture ID? All help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

U need to look totally legit, like clean, well groomed, good clothes.. tell them your grandma is diabetic, and you need to get her insulin needles. Don't be nervous.. its all about how u carry yourself.. tell them what u need, (ie 1/2cc 1/2in 29ga) they might ask you what type of insulin she uses.. u can say Humulin, or if she really uses insulin, tell them what type she uses. I always did it this way at CVS, and was always sold whatever i wanted...

edit: i dont know if they will sell to a minor, i kinda doubt it... not sure tho. with needles, the law says its at the pharmacists discretion.. so if they suspect anything they wont do it

Fuck it, you don't need to put on your sunday best or whatever to get rigs. Just go up to the pharmacy counter and say you want syringes, then specify gauge and needle length. That's all the information the pharmacist needs to know.

I'm not an IV drug user but I am a type 1 diabetic so I have plenty of experience buying needles from pharmacies.

You should be able to buy them but injecting drugs, like meth/speed/coke/heroin and other opiates is not something that I'd advise you to do or get started with. Good luck, and stay safe.

You dont need anything in Idaho. Ive been an IV user in Idaho for 7 or 8 years and have never been denied cleans.

Just walk up and ask for a ten pack of 1cc insuline syringes and state your gauge and length of choice. For instance I prefer 31 guage short tips.

This being said, I live in North Idaho, which is much different than Southern Idaho in everyway. We dont have the mormons (or anyone really) to tell us what to do.

Yeah. Honestly there has been a big upswing in pharmacists becoming aware that it is much better to just sell an addict their syringes than for the addict to go without and reuse/ share them. About ten years ago in syracuse I went into a CVS to buy rigs (which is completely legal in New York) and she started hassling me and general looking down her nose at me. I told her I hope she has a daughter and I end up fucking her and giving her HIV because I couldn't find clean needles, and you pharmacists with a holier than thou attitude make me sick. She ended up selling me the syringes but started giving me a stern talking to about safety and not using drugs so I cut her off and said "I came here for my needles, not a lecture. I already hate myself because I can't stop, and there is nothing you can say that will shame me anymore than I have already shamed myself for putting myself in this position. I hope this is a lesson for you, HCV and HIV are rampant because pharmacists won't realize that people are just going to share if they can't get clean ones." I think I changed her outlook because afterwards every time I went in there she was really nice to me and new what I wanted everytime. We even exchanged a little small talk every once in a while.

Yeah. Honestly there has been a big upswing in pharmacists becoming aware that it is much better to just sell an addict their syringes than for the addict to go without and reuse/ share them. About ten years ago in syracuse I went into a CVS to buy rigs (which is completely legal in New York) and she started hassling me and general looking down her nose at me. I told her I hope she has a daughter and I end up fucking her and giving her HIV because I couldn't find clean needles, and you pharmacists with a holier than thou attitude make me sick. She ended up selling me the syringes but started giving me a stern talking to about safety and not using drugs so I cut her off and said "I came here for my needles, not a lecture. I already hate myself because I can't stop, and there is nothing you can say that will shame me anymore than I have already shamed myself for putting myself in this position. I hope this is a lesson for you, HCV and HIV are rampant because pharmacists won't realize that people are just going to share if they can't get clean ones." I think I changed her outlook because afterwards every time I went in there she was really nice to me and new what I wanted everytime. We even exchanged a little small talk every once in a while.

Like a boss.

Ive never been able to buy needles OTC except for a little mom and pop pharmacy down in Tennessee, they never asked me about insulin or even what I needed them for. But I normally went in after work when I was dressed professional (skirt, pantyhose, whole nine yards)

Once went in looking like a scrub and they wouldn't give them to me. Go figure. I'd say your appearance does matter.

Like a boss.

Ive never been able to buy needles OTC except for a little mom and pop pharmacy down in Tennessee, they never asked me about insulin or even what I needed them for. But I normally went in after work when I was dressed professional (skirt, pantyhose, whole nine yards)

Once went in looking like a scrub and they wouldn't give them to me. Go figure. I'd say your appearance does matter.

Appearance indeed does matter. Confidence too. If you look and feel out of place alarm bells go off for jerk pharmacists. It's like wearing a shirt that says "I am not worth the safety of using a clean needle"

From personal experience some places are independently owned so one CVS might sell them without a script for insulin while another location might not. Obviously don't go in looking like a total bum. Just ask for whatever u need then they might ask if u have a script that calls for needles at that point I'd probably just say it's for whomever and u are just getting them for that person. The pharm shouldn't be asking u what type of medication are going to be used but sometimes when they ask if u have a script it's cause that particular location might require u to have a script for insulin to purchase needles. And if u do need one just try another location until u find a place that will allow u to buy them. Here in PA we do not need ID to buy but I'm unsure about other states. Also some bigger cities offer clean supplies and places to dispose of used supplies to keep the community and yourself clean and to prevent the spread of diseases/infections.

Go to the pharmacy and ask for it.

That's all. No need to put on an act.

I'll have a bag of 29 gauge 100 cc insulin needles please. Thank you, and goodbye.

Go to the pharmacy and ask for it.

That's all. No need to put on an act.

I'll have a bag of 29 gauge 100 cc insulin needles please. Thank you, and goodbye.
I think a hundred cc syringe would be a little large,lol !

I think since orlando has such a high rate of HCV i am going to start buying cases of water, and boxes of syringes and passing them out on heroin alley, or down at the apartments. I won't have any drugs in the car, and it is not against the law to have clean needles. I just really don't want to people going through what I am going through right now. I'm at the point that the damage is irreversible short of a liver transplant.

and just say 100 unit instead of CC. 30-31 gauge are ideal for a beginning user. Less chance of going through the vein.

I've never had a problem and have gone in not looking very good and w/tracks probably visible (on hands) and have never been denied. The state I'm in is very clear that addicts are supposed to be able to get clean needles, but where I live you do have to be 18 and show ID- that is the only stipulation (and I actually think it is sort of stupid- "hey, if you are under 18 and an addict have fun getting HIV and Hep!").

As was stated though, I wouldn't recommend starting IV use if you don't do it already. I have had problems with IV heroin for over a decade and wish I never started....

First, make sure it's not a felony in your state (it is in Florida, for instance) to posses needle syringes. Then, cover up your track marks if you have any by wearing a long sleeve shirt of by using make up. Dress nicely. Handle yourself professionally, politely, and act non-chalant about the purchasing process. Finally, walk up to the counter at a drug store pharmacy and calmly say, "Hi, I need to purchase a bag of 10 (or 100) 1cc UltraFine syringes." It will be up to the pharmacist as to whether or not they choose to fulfill your request. Needles / syringes obtained in said fashion are extremely cheap and a must have to protect against blood born diseases such as HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C. If the first pharmacist says no, ask where you should go next, unless they ask you to leave the store premises immediately, indicating that they are not friendly. In that case, just leave before they call security. Self IV'ing stuff is a really bad idea in general, and I'm glad I don't do it anymore and haven't in years.

Oddly- I had a pharmacist once who was willing to sell me the syringes (I don't think they can even say no unless you are a minor where I am) but said they could not give me a bag so that all the other shoppers wouldn't see them ("you gotta carry them out so everyone can see them!" they didn't actually say that but...). This was about 6 months ago; I try to stay away from it and had for 14 months before that but it is hard sometimes not to cave with a history and severe pain issues which are hard to get treatment for....

Maybe it's the area you guys live in but even when I lived in hickville Elkton Md I walked in to pharmacy,the lady knew me(from being a repeat customer) she would ask the longs or the shorts I tell her which ones I wanted ,flashed my ID,bought them and left. I live in the NE and not the bible belt so maybe pharmicists are a little more liberal and don't give a shit if you are clean cut or a junky and they sell you your rigs no problem(they do their job).

Personally in the state of California most pharmacies are apart of a health program that says they have to sell you syringes (i.e Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite aid), if you go & know what you need regardless of how you look or act - those apart of the health program I mentioned will have to sell them to you without asking you anything - at the most they'll ask for your ID to make sure you're 18+.

Now, if you go somewhere that isn't apart of said health program (i.e Target) & ask for them, they'll ask you for your script.

That being said, do some research on whats apart of the health act/program I mentioned, because if they're apart of it you can go in looking bum as hell & it wont matter - it's the law that they have to abide by or they could get in serious trouble. Hope I helped somehow, doesn't feel like I did. LOL I normally get 1cc 29g insulin syringes. :)

First, make sure it's not a felony in your state (it is in Florida, for instance) to posses needle syringes. Then, cover up your track marks if you have any by wearing a long sleeve shirt of by using make up. Dress nicely. Handle yourself professionally, politely, and act non-chalant about the purchasing process. Finally, walk up to the counter at a drug store pharmacy and calmly say, "Hi, I need to purchase a bag of 10 (or 100) 1cc UltraFine syringes." It will be up to the pharmacist as to whether or not they choose to fulfill your request. Needles / syringes obtained in said fashion are extremely cheap and a must have to protect against blood born diseases such as HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C. If the first pharmacist says no, ask where you should go next, unless they ask you to leave the store premises immediately, indicating that they are not friendly. In that case, just leave before they call security. Self IV'ing stuff is a really bad idea in general, and I'm glad I don't do it anymore and haven't in years.

It is only a felony for used syringes, and only if it is not a prescribed medication that you have the prescription for in them. (if you are prescribed dilaudid and it comes back positive for that, they cannot charge you with a crime) There still are a lot of douche bag pharmacists around Orlando that think you are the scum of the earth for patronizing their store, and daring to try to exhibit a little harm reduction in your drug use....kinda why I want to make the unsanctioned needle exchange out of my car. Cops have no legal recourse, and I get to do something that makes me feel a little better about having late stage HCV and the fact that I may have passed it to others because I didn't always have access to clean needles.

What we need is more people doing this in rural areas. The spread of bloodborn diseases out there is rampant due to not being able to source clean needles...however you can get them online, but quite a few addicts have progressed to that point that they don't have the access and their ten bucks is better spent on a hit.