What to listen to for an easy ego death...

darvocet21

Bluelighter
I don’t really listen to psy-style electronic music much when I’m straight. But I find it is definitely the thing to derange my mind and lose myself when tripping. Something about the constantly changing dimensions to it and being unable to follow and hold on to any melodies. I don’t think easy-listening would cut it for me.

I'm listening to the Marseillaise as every good french would do today. This shit is so lit, gotta listen to it while you high to a k-hole! Just kidding, burn every flag you got at hands reach and kill your president no matter where you live! :devilish:

I'm listening to the Marseillaise as every good french would do today. This shit is so lit, gotta listen to it while you high to a k-hole! Just kidding, burn every flag you got at hands reach and kill your president no matter where you live! :devilish:
I'm a man of peace.
My only k-hole is the tobacco store where I buy Kratom

Phaeleh is my go-to and has been for many years.

-GC

I can imagine myself experiencing ego death to ambient. Maybe some old school Brian Eno. Music for airports maybe?

How did you become interested in, and an expert on, elevator music and pop orchestral cover versions of psychedelic hits?

I’ve been curious about this kind of music since my high-school days. While listening to the garden-variety rock and pop along with my peers, I was also fascinated by the easy-listening instrumental FM station that my parents often kept on in the background. They seemed to be broadcasting phantom orchestras and choruses that covered many current songs, and I remember being amazed to hear the Ray Conniff Singers do a version of Gordon Lightfoot’s “If You Could Read My Mind.”

Though their vocals were engineered to be more background than foreground, the song seemed all the more haunting with its references to old-time movies and ghosts. Its subject matter was close to the ideas and images in Roger Corman’s 1967 movie The Trip, which helped to introduce LSD themes to the masses. The Conniff recording has a spectral appeal that, for me, brought out this message more than the original record.

continued at Dangerous Minds

Polish_20210712_221001890.jpg

How did you become interested in, and an expert on, elevator music and pop orchestral cover versions of psychedelic hits?

I’ve been curious about this kind of music since my high-school days. While listening to the garden-variety rock and pop along with my peers, I was also fascinated by the easy-listening instrumental FM station that my parents often kept on in the background. They seemed to be broadcasting phantom orchestras and choruses that covered many current songs, and I remember being amazed to hear the Ray Conniff Singers do a version of Gordon Lightfoot’s “If You Could Read My Mind.”

Though their vocals were engineered to be more background than foreground, the song seemed all the more haunting with its references to old-time movies and ghosts. Its subject matter was close to the ideas and images in Roger Corman’s 1967 movie The Trip, which helped to introduce LSD themes to the masses. The Conniff recording has a spectral appeal that, for me, brought out this message more than the original record.

continued at Dangerous Minds

Polish_20210712_221001890.jpg

oh that is fantastic

more like this actually however I am not after one right now honestly hah

Last edited:
only one I ever had was at the ocean on this track
perversely good acid we bought in Switzerland