• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What to Expect-Heroin WD

maneatingmermaidz

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, so I have been smoking >>>>>> for about 2 and a half months, anywhere from .02-.04 in a day a couple of days a week. If I don't smoke for a day or so I don't really get bothered but I had a major scare today and want to get away from this lifestyle before its too late. Basically a cop searched my car and found dirty foil and by the grace of God he did not find any drugs and let me go with just a warning as I was a sobbing wreck and he saw the college books I had in my car and told me to stop hanging out with the wrong crowd and to keep focusing on school(I am at a community college and just got accepted to a very prestigious university, and don't want to fuck that opportunity up). But anyways, I am done and threw out everything I had left after that encounter. I don't know what to expect from WDs, but I picked up 8 8 mg suboxones from a friend(never have taken them before) and thought I would wait out the WDs as long as possible and then take them if I absolutely have to. I also have some low dose xanax and 1 mg klonopins. I am so serious about this and absolutely determined after today. I changed my phone number and deleted all my contacts who were drug related so they can't contact me and I can't contact them.
Anyways, will the suboxone help and how should I take it to make it last and make it through WDs? What can I expect out of the WDs.
Glad to get my life on track before falling down the rabbit hole.
Thank you all.

Last edited:
I think what saved u was that u didn't take it everyday, is that true? If you had a day or days break between binges I think you'll be alright...please don't start the suboxone unless u really are in withdrawal and it's unbearable..,most likely you'll just be irritable, a little uncomfortable, and honestly a little bored...

There were sometimes were I would use several days in a row, but still if I took a day off no problems really.Whats bad about the suboxone and how long do u think my wds will last Roxi?

If you were only using a couple days a week, and only for a couple months, your withdrawals will be minor if you have any at all. At the most you may be irritable like Roxi808 said, and you may struggle to find something to fill the time you'd usually use heroin with, but that's probably about it. I wouldn't recommend suboxone unless you were hardcore withdrawing though. Keep in mind that suboxone is an opiate and causes withdrawals as well.

2-3 month with breaks in between won't cause much withdrawal.
Maybe an upset stomach, a runny nose and some other stuff, but I think after a few day you'll be alright.
Just quit cold turkey, your habit wasn't big so suboxone is kinda overkill.
Buprenorphine is around 30times more potent than morphine, while heroin is just around three times more potent. If you took just 20-40mg of heroin with let's say 50% purity you'd need around 0.5-1mg of buprenorphine at most I guess
As I said, just quit cold turkey, if you're lucky you might not experience any withdrawal.

yeah you'll just be irritable and probably won't be able to sleep, so it won't harm you to just do like .5 - 1mg of the sub but don't use them to get high or else you will fall down that rabbit hole

and subs are opiate blockers so don't take it until it's been like 20-24 hours after your last H use or you'll be thrown into withdrawal

Using the subs will just prolong the withdrawal and if he takes em too soon he could experience precipitated withdrawal, because buprenorphine is a partial opioid receptor agonist with a high binding affinity.

Dont use the subs. You aren't going to need them. After 3 or 4 days you will be fine. If you aren't getting sick the days you don't use. Why do you think you will get sick now?

You barely use.... You probably don't need the subs or at least not more than a mg or two.... They can easily make withdrawals worse.

I think what saved u was that u didn't take it everyday, is that true? If you had a day or days break between binges I think you'll be alright...please don't start the suboxone unless u really are in withdrawal and it's unbearable..,most likely you'll just be irritable, a little uncomfortable, and honestly a little bored...

i think in his stage the boredom will be the killer..i know it was for me when i hd a minor habit..workng was a hellish chore, my normally fun activities werent fun at all..plus, the sluggishness u feel at that stage just adds to the anguish..

Find something new to do immediately to fill your time. That, like others have said, will be your biggest downfall. If you have been able to go 24 or more hours without symptoms, or even minor symptoms, it would be absolutely overkill and foolish to take subs. Get rid of them.

If you feel a little off, take a benzo or distract yourself, same for sleep, if you can't, benzo. Use no more than 2 doses per day for a maximum of 4 days, then stop. you certainly do not want to trade a strong liking (as opposed to dependency) of heroin, to a benzo dependency/addiction. Opiate Withdrawl is nasty and painful, benzo withdrawals kill.

Just find a hobby and a therapist. Figure out why you use and fix your brain.

NAMASTE

Last edited:
you might feel like shit but the horror stories you have read and seen about withdrawal arent gonna be what happens to you if you stop now.

dont bother with the subs, no need to have a steady state of opiates in your system when this hasnt already been the case.

when this scare wears off and it will, be prepared to want to use again and use the time you have now to figure out why you want to stop, fear only goes so far sometimes and it will lose its edge. make the most of this. its your life.

xo

Today is day 2, OP. How you feeling? Did you sleep last night or were you thrashing about trying to find a comfortable position every 5 seconds with your legs kicking like crazy?

If you slept fine and have no clue what I'm talking about, you won't be needing the subs.

I hope everyone is being safe and trying to find their way but although I'm very new to BL I'm not new to opiate use and for the last unfortunate couple years H use. Having been through withdrawal from high dose oxy (240-300mg day) and most recent detox was 55mg methadone, about 20bags day H and 30mg day Valium. Was cold turkey and rough but with a certain mindset its possible to do it. I'm currently almost into day 2 of just (like that makes it any better) H habit again about 2 grams/day. East coast so its insufflated and the withdrawal is different for everyone. Yea it sucks, major sleep issues, legs hurt and spasm but its all doable. Hoping this is the last time bc it gets old and nothing, absolutely nothing good comes from it. Anyway expect to feel like crap but I still think anticipation of what's to come is worse. Stay busy if u can, try to eat a little, lots of fluids and stat distracted. Again I'm new here but have been around the block so please feel free to ask anything you would like or just want to vent. Makes a difference!

I hope everyone is being safe and trying to find their way but although I'm very new to BL I'm not new to opiate use and for the last unfortunate couple years H use. Having been through withdrawal from high dose oxy (240-300mg day) and most recent detox was 55mg methadone, about 20bags day H and 30mg day Valium. Was cold turkey and rough but with a certain mindset its possible to do it. I'm currently almost into day 2 of just (like that makes it any better) H habit again about 2 grams/day. East coast so its insufflated and the withdrawal is different for everyone. Yea it sucks, major sleep issues, legs hurt and spasm but its all doable. Hoping this is the last time bc it gets old and nothing, absolutely nothing good comes from it. Anyway expect to feel like crap but I still think anticipation of what's to come is worse. Stay busy if u can, try to eat a little, lots of fluids and stat distracted. Again I'm new here but have been around the block so please feel free to ask anything you would like or just want to vent. Makes a difference!

That's a really good point. I have a habit of working myself up so much when I know I can't avoid being sick, that the anticipation of it is as bad or worse than the actual wds!

It's always the same though. Let's say I do my last hit in the morning. I get really tired that night, and know the wds are coming. I manage to fall asleep for about 4-5 hours, then I wake up from the dopesickness in the middle of the night/early morning, and the fun begins.

Its funny bc my quit day was today, woke up anxious as expected but not to bad. Had coffee with my mom (she livesclose and knows what's up). Felt decent. Then the usual phone calls start. All of a sudden my body gets hot, chills all the good shit. All from a phone call triggering my head that my dude is around. Held strong, ha but my body thought otherwise and it feels like crap. There is a way to detach body from mind and no I'm not some weirdo zen type. Just a normal guy. It helps and like nether animal pointed out that you know what's coming but hey it isn't going to kill you. My wife deals with people who are dying and have no choice in the matter yet here we are thinking the world is coming to an end bc we can sleep or our legs hurt. Yea it really blows big time but we have a choice they don't. Just perspective. Again I hope everyone is safe and I'm here to talk although I'm not always good at sugar coating shit lol but I do care about you guys or anyone else who is in this. And believe me if I could handle a once in a while buzz is be all over it but this demon doesn't work like that!