• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What to do with used Mallinckrodt patch

alanmaniacal

Greenlighter
My first introduction to Fentanyl was with the 50mcg/hr transdermal system patches from Mallinckrodt. Before using them I did a fair amount of research and was pretty disappointed as all I read was how weak these were compared to other brands. Fortunately, I'm glad to report that I've had a really enjoyable experience with them and intend on keeping my ears open for more. I never applied one to my skin as instructed but instead, I took a sharp exacto knife and as carefully as possible separated the gooey substance from the adhesive, then sucking on both. A third of a patch at a time seemed to be about right for me as any more than that knocked me out and I know that the "nods" are a desired effect for some, but I like to be awake as I feel much more creative and "clearer," than usual. My question is, I've saved all of the substances that I previously chewed on, but I'm sure there is more Fentanyl to be retrieved. Is there a method, chemically, that anyone knows of that will recover whatever Fentanyl there might be left on these now balled up plastic strips? This is also my first post of any kind on a message board so any advice on improvements would be appreciated, thanks.

You could use something like Isopropyl Alcohol to extract any Fentanyl left in the patches. Should be a fairly simple procedure, chop up patches, mix with Iso, stir them for a while - pour that onto a plate and evaporate. What (if any) Fent will be left on the plate.

(actually just checked on this and this article may be of some interest to you).

Hello all. I have been using bluelight for roughly 5 years, here and there to prevent harm on my day to day quest to get high. I am a long term opiate addict. Mostly heroin but really whatever I can get my hands on.
I created on account here for a specific purpose just to ask this. I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot for it, as I don't really know what I'm doing yet.
Anyway, I got my hands on a 25 mcg/hr transdermal mallinckrodt fentanyl patch. I've been reading and reading and reading some more but I can't find specifics to this kind. I ripped it in half and put it sticky side to both sides of the inside of my cheeks. That must've been 45 mins ago and I can't tell if I'm starting to feel anything at all, or if it's just placebo. Although this morning I did wake up moderately dope sick and that does seem to have subsided.
I taste a very very tiny bit f bitterness, but most people report that if I'm doing it right, I'll know it and the taste will be uncanny. That doesn't seem to be the case with me. Again, I'm not sure if I even read anything about this specific kind of patch, cuz there seems to be many kinds, but I do know people were using non gels like mine, and putting it in their mouths.
I also read some people say that these are garbage taken correctly or whatever you do with them. Have I done it wrong? Is it a waste? Can I still take them out of my mouth and tape them to my skin or something if that's my only option? Or am I just supposed to keep them in my mouth for hours on end? I didn't rip the adhesive f2f or anything, just took it out the package, ripped in half and put the sticky sides touching the cheeks. One half is still pressed against the cheek and the other I ended up chewing and that's where the very very little taste I'm getting seems to be coming from. Any help on this matter would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Thanks guys.