• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin what to do for an overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacoma

Bluelighter
What should i do if myself or someone else is overdosed and doesn't wanna go to the hospital? Im working on getting the overdose medicine (i think its called noxon) but is there anything else i can do in the mean time? Ive heard throwing someone in a cold shower helps. Just an.idea would it work since your heart starts racing when your thrown into a cold shower to inject Somone with epinephrine? Its adrenaline so it gets ur heart beating fast could at work as an emergency quick fix?

Neither of those are going to help... if someone is in a narcotic overdose they need to get something like naloxone. Their breathing center in their brain isn't functioning properly when they OD, so increasing their heart rate won't do a lick of good and in fact may do actual harm (more rapid usage of valuable oxygen).

What you should do is call 911 and let them know that someone isn't breathing, don't mention anything about drugs to the dispatcher, let the paramedics know when they show up. Or naloxone/naltrexone. Don't try anything else... no hot coffee enemas, no cold showers, no epi-pens.

Shooting adrenaline into someone's heart is not gonna help, you'll just make them feel like shit and have a panic attack while not breathing.

Plus you shouldn't be attempting to inject anything into anyone's heart.... that's a good way to cause a seriously bloody mess.

Hospital or naloxone, take yer pick.

This thread is gonna be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.