What Thyroid supplements do bodybuilders take?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I know levothyroxine - T4.

Armour thyroid or animal based natural desiccated thyroid.

And T3, Cytomel, liothyronine.

One or more of these has stimulating properties.
Of these - which are typical used by body builders?

So inquiring as to a reliable UK source for these (as I did with MT2), acceptable on this sub?

T3 is the primary one as its the active thyroid hormone. T4 is sometimes used to keep natural production high.
As per asking for a source for peptides, I don't see an issue with naming a source. Just no direct links to websites or email addresses, etc.

T4 is what you want when taking GH.
When dieting T3 is more common.

T3 and T4 depending on the person and goals.

For example, T3 works exceptionally well for me but I don’t use it anymore due to appetite stimulation. I burn about an extra ~500 cals a day @ 50mcg but it increases my appetite an absurd amount and I’ll be hungry for an extra 2000 cals a day while feeling like I’m constantly going hypo. Great for bulks though if I did them anymore.

So now I just stick to T4. All in all though I don’t think using thyroid is worth it for most people. If you’re competing on something other than a local stage then it likely would be.

Cool - so, on that note, without any direct links to websites etc - links for T3 and/or T4 supplier in UK/Europe?
Names etc?

I'm taking 200 mcg T4 at the moment.
It's okay.

I understand T3 is the active form, more activating etc.

I hear some folk rave about Desiccated/Natural Thyroid or "Armour" thyroid but, apparently it's doses are unreliable/slightly random.

T3 and T4 depending on the person and goals.

For example, T3 works exceptionally well for me but I don’t use it anymore due to appetite stimulation. I burn about an extra ~500 cals a day @ 50mcg but it increases my appetite an absurd amount and I’ll be hungry for an extra 2000 cals a day while feeling like I’m constantly going hypo. Great for bulks though if I did them anymore.

So now I just stick to T4. All in all though I don’t think using thyroid is worth it for most people. If you’re competing on something other than a local stage then it likely would be.

How did you dose the T3?

Some reviews advocate splitting the dose?

Do you still use T4?
And for what specific purpose?

How did you dose the T3?

Some reviews advocate splitting the dose?

Do you still use T4?
And for what specific purpose?

50mcg a day, I’m not into getting ocd about stuff. Really no reason to split it.

Yeah I use T4 mostly because I haven’t wanted to deal with the crash of coming off lol

50mcg a day, I’m not into getting ocd about stuff. Really no reason to split it.

Yeah I use T4 mostly because I haven’t wanted to deal with the crash of coming off lol

Crash of coming off T3...? (total newbie to thyroid hormones).

What dose of T4 using?
And did you notice any side effects from T3/4 outside of appetite - increased heart rate, blood pressure, cardiac effects etc?

Crash of coming off T3...? (total newbie to thyroid hormones).

What dose of T4 using?
And did you notice any side effects from T3/4 outside of appetite - increased heart rate, blood pressure, cardiac effects etc?

Yeah you’re shutting down your thyroid lol. Definitely do some more reading

Yeah you’re shutting down your thyroid lol. Definitely do some more reading

Any recommendations?

I wouldn't mind getting a book on endocrinology and just understanding this thyroid process a little better;

But no idea of titles.

Recommendations?

Google levothyroxine pharmacology or biochemistry maybe? All the info in the world is on the internet

Just for future reference in the case someone requires this to be looked into;

No direct links or e-mails but,

meso rx (primarily this one for european region anyways), and

eroids

edit: (and US/Canada - I believe steroidsourcetalk is reputable)

are the places to look as far as actually wishing to partake in products of this nature.

If there's anything of note to add to that list - be my guest.

I guess this is meant to be a harm reduction forum, and I think it's important to factor in harm reduction to ones bank account also cause, there's a lot of bogus suppliers and scam artists out there looking to make a quick buck.

The reviews section on either of the above go a ways to precluding that situation.

Last edited:
Just for future reference in the case someone requires this to be looked into;

No direct links or e-mails but,

meso rx, and

eroids

are the places to look as far as actually wishing to partake in products of this nature.

I guess this is meant to be a harm reduction forum, and I think it's important to factor in harm reduction to ones bank account also cause, there's a lot of bogus suppliers and scam artists out there looking to make a quick buck.

The reviews section on either of the above go a ways to precluding that situation.
And order small amounts. Some good suppliers turn scammers very quickly.

I know levothyroxine - T4.

Armour thyroid or animal based natural desiccated thyroid.

And T3, Cytomel, liothyronine.

One or more of these has stimulating properties.
Of these - which are typical used by body builders?

So inquiring as to a reliable UK source for these (as I did with MT2), acceptable on this sub?

You don't need thyroid medications, the benefits gained are only minimal, if at all...
Interfering with thyroid function might not be the best way forward..

T3 is the primary one as its the active thyroid hormone. T4 is sometimes used to keep natural production high.
As per asking for a source for peptides, I don't see an issue with naming a source. Just no direct links to websites or email addresses, etc.
Peptide Science has a big selection and it's quality.