• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What the hell should I do about this pain?

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
ONLY READ PARAGRAPHS 1, 6, 7, 8, 9... unless you want to read a story of addiction. Im sure some will find it interesting but its not nessecary at all to answer. I wrote way too much for a forum question (adderall lol) I don't want people not to read it because it's too long I need advice. OR JUST ANSWER THIS IF U DON'T FEEL LIKE READING. IS IT OK TO TAKE AROUND 2G OF ACETAMINOPHEN (PARACEMATOL) A DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE? I GET HIGH & DRINK (BUT NOT DRUNK) SOMETIMES.

*When I was 12 I shattered the right side of my face, nose, & forehead from being hit in the face with a baseball. It was like a 90mph wild pitch. The kid whipped it as hard as possible. I ducked & it ricocheted off the rim of my helmet & when down on my face at the worst angle possible. When the nurses got the X-ray they were in shock how bad it was & even more shocked how I kept refusing a morphine injection lol. Didn't want a needle in my vein since I never been I.V.'d just I.M.'d vaccines. They never saw a facial fracture that bad.

Anyway they finally convinced me to get the shot, they were like you NEED this it's so bad it'll make you feel so much better. And boy were they right haha. What a pleasant night. They sent me home with a nice supply of oxycodone (percocets). Then my pediatrician gave me more percs. A week or 2 later I HAD to get reconstructive surgery. My nose was like 80° to the left, my face was sunkin in, & there was shattered off bones nearly piercing my eye. After the reconstruction I got even MORE percocets for a while lol. Had horrible restless legs after from all those percs.

Once I stopped getting the percocets I was in pain. I waited it out for a couple months hoping it would feel better. It got a little better but I still felt pain. I went to the surgeon to tell him I was still in pain so he took a cat scan. He said structurally it was fine. He was very impressed at his work lol. My face actually looks perfect now, I get complemented on my looks a lot. But back to then, he didn't want to give me anymore painkillers since the structure was fine. He said take some tylenol, which is completly understandable now and the right thing to say since I was only 12. A year or 2 later I went back still in pain. He was like wow ur face looks great & said he didn't want to give me painkillers. Understandable, but not at he time.

By now I was in high school, the level of school where kids get high lol. I found out it was easy to get oxycodone and that it even felt nice. My friend gave me oxycontin 40mg (crushable ones) for the low low low low, like an unheard of price for oxy. Guess cause he felt bad for me. I was told it kicked in faster snorted so I broke one in half & crushed that shit up. I freaking loved it, like I literally felt in love. Somehow I avoided physical addiction. After he couldn't get em anymore from his grandma (fucked up shit) I found someone who had morphine 30mg IR & got em for the low low again because he was stealing them from his mom (again, fucked up I feel bad for those ladies now). Then that stopped & I got into oxy 30mg IR "blues" then opium since I couldnt afford blues. Miraculously I never got addicted until I tried Heroin, I stuck to a strict once every other day schedule at the most... Wish I was that smart with Heroin.

I'll try to keep this shorter lol sorry. Snorted Heroin... Got mildly addicted... Went on methadone (dumbest move ever)... Found out Heroin wouldn't get me high snorted... Shot it & WOW nicee... Got kicked off methadone... Went on suboxone... Sold dope... Got HEAVILY addicted to Heroin... Got arrested... Got off suboxone... Got addicted to suboxone from a whole box left at home... Ran out... Got addicted to Heroin again... Got on suboxone again... Stopped Heroin... Present.

*Now 10 years later my face still fucking hurts, seems to be getting worse actually... maybe I'm more sensitive from abusing all those opiates. I'm still on about 4-8mg a day of buprenorphine but it doesn't help me with pain, acetaminophen works better than that shit lol. Great for withdrawal tho.

*OTC options: Acetaminophen does kinda help the pain on top of the suboxone but not much & I'm not sure if it's even worth taking since it's weak & I hear is very bad for your liver to take everyday. Ibuprofen & naproxen are even weaker & bad for your heart & stomach to take daily. Asprin is too weak too weaker than acetaminophen IME.

*RX options: I'd probably be able to get codeine pretty easily if I show the original X-ray but that would be too weak since I'm on suboxone & my history plus most formulas contain acetaminophen or ibuprophen except schedule 2 formulas which a doc probably wouldn't be comfortable giving right off the bat. I could say I'm on suboxone to get something stronger with no APAP but that most likely would ruin any chance of getting something good from that doc forever. I believe I can be prescribed oxycontin (non-crushable) without having problems, I'd do Heroin if I wanted to get high lol (I honestly don't), but again no doc would give me that off the bat unless I mentioned the suboxone & said it doesn't help my pain at all. Too much risk of loseing the chance to get something right? Bupe is just not good at killing pain right? The naloxone doesn't do anything it's just to stop opiate addicts from shooting it correct?

*What to do?... What to do? I'm honestly in legit moderate pain & by moderate I really mean moderate. A lot of people would probably say severe in my spot but I know it could be a lot worse. I'd say it's about 6 (on bupe) on a scale of 1-10, 1 being a hard flick 10 being set on fire. With 1-1.5g of tylenol & bupe it's about a 3, bearable. But should I really be taking tylenol everyday my whole life? Doesn't seem like it'll ever stop hurting. EDIT: Also I was thinking I think I've heard buprenorphine has a higher risk of causing hyperalgesia (increased pain opposite of what it should do) than other opiates. Maybe thats the problem? I really don't wanna withdrawal & find out that's not it though lol.

Last edited:
2 grams of acetaminophen in divided doses daily should be fine if you are young and being supervised by a doctor.

You may want to go see a dr anyway and see if there is anything you could do to treat the underlyign cause of the pain.

Have you tried kratom? It works well with pain and its relatively safer than most opiates and its completely legal in the U.S.

It works as an opiod agonist like morhpine but its not an opiate.
its completely natural and alot of people including myself use it for pain management and to kick heroin and opiate withdrawels. You can order the stuff online

Oh yeah I can ask for liver tests when I get my yearly checkups. I'm just worried about the acetaminophen bcuz I do a lot of different drugs like weed (know that's fine for the liver), mushrooms (prolly fine too), amp, occasionally xanax, occasionally Heroin, & occasionally some RCs (those r what I should be worried about) & also sum others.

Kratom is too weak. I'd have to drink over an oz, I can't do that everyday. Once I drank an oz of the best strain meag da or whatever from a reputable vendor & felt absolutely nothing at all. That shit was soo gross. I have a higher tolerance now too. I think one tiny 20mg bag of Heroin I.V. would be stronger than an oz definitely a lot cheaper than an oz of Bali kratom

Last edited:
Have you tried kratom? It works well with pain and its relatively safer than most opiates and its completely legal in the U.S.

It works as an opiod agonist like morhpine but its not an opiate.
its completely natural and alot of people including myself use it for pain management and to kick heroin and opiate withdrawels. You can order the stuff online

I second that, sounds like any alternative is worth a shot if Bupe aint doing it for ya. Just try your best to use ONLY for analgesia and try not to relapse on Heroin. I wish Kratom was available here, the only sites i've looked up do not ship to Australia, sigh*. Best of luck PurpleHaze.

I second that, sounds like any alternative is worth a shot if Bupe aint doing it for ya. Just try your best to use ONLY for analgesia and try not to relapse on Heroin. I wish Kratom was available here, the only sites i've looked up do not ship to Australia, sigh*. Best of luck PurpleHaze.
I can't it won't do anything, it's weak stuff, & it tastes disgusting. Really really bitter. I wouldn't be able to drink enuff twice a day. Idk if u know what's it's like to be addicted to faster acting opioids, you need them 2-3 times a day or u will get sick. A while ago I was doing like 3 bags a day snorted, approximatly 60mg, (Its not pure but its high quality street Heroin) when I tried drinking an ounce of the best strain of kratom it did nothing. I feel 1 bag injected now but I don't want to use it for pain, don't want to get in trouble. Recreationally when I do use it I use about 10 bags a day at least. The dope here in my state, NJ, is on average the most potent in the country of the U.S. so no way am I drinking nasty & much more costly kratom for like no pain relief.

Actually I probably should just use acetaminophen for pain it'd probably work better than any opioid I could get prescribed. I don't get high at all from 75mg of oxycodone I.V.. just a lil pain relief.

Last edited:
I'm just worried about the acetaminophen bcuz I do a lot of different drugs like weed (know that's fine for the liver), mushrooms (prolly fine too), amp, occasionally xanax, occasionally Heroin, & occasionally some RCs (those r what I should be worried about) & also sum others.

Most drugs don't mess with your liver at all, the exceptions are acetaminophen, synthetic cannabinoids, and alcohol. Even stuff like hallucinogenic RCs (2c-X, tryptamines, cathinones) are pretty safe. You should be fine. Liver failure is not something that happens with no warning whatsoever.

Acetaminophen when used in moderation & paying attention to side effects if they develop is less toxic than people make it out to be. Taking 2 grams a day in 3 or 4 doses daily of 500mg will not cause you to suddenly drop dead if you have a beer. Remember, the FDA limit used to be 4 grams in 24 hours.

It;s also helpful to note that acetaminophen plus an opioid is more effective than either alone.

Last edited:
Interesting. I would never guess acetaminophen would work better at all. Good to know.

Everyone is different when it comes to how they respond to drugs. It's a total misconception that opioids are the best painkiller for everyone and all situations.

Most drugs don't mess with your liver at all, the exceptions are acetaminophen, synthetic cannabinoids, and alcohol. Even stuff like hallucinogenic RCs (2c-X, tryptamines, cathinones) are pretty safe. You should be fine. Liver failure is not something that happens with no warning whatsoever.

Acetaminophen when used in moderation & paying attention to side effects if they develop is less toxic than people make it out to be. Taking 2 grams a day in 3 or 4 doses daily of 500mg will not cause you to suddenly drop dead if you have a beer. Remember, the FDA limit used to be 4 grams in 24 hours.

It;s also helpful to note that acetaminophen plus an opioid is more effective than either alone.
That's good stuff to know. I thought I remembered seeing the maximum was 2g but you're right it's 4g. I was doing a lil research none of the drugs I use seem to be toxic to the liver besides ethanol & tylenol, I thought amphetamine was but actually it seems to be non toxic to all the organs in the body as long as you take care of yourself. Its methamphetamine thats really toxic. One little CH3 added makes a huge difference. That's why I'm worried about RCs there hasn't really been studies on the toxic effects for most, almost all. Shulgin died of liver failure. (By the way I think it's fucked up no one told him about it, I'd like to know even if it was too late to take effective action.)

How fast does tolerance build to acetaminophen? I haven't really noticed much of a tolerance to it.

I'm new to this forum but I have a question..when going through withdrawals I get severe restless legs..what can I take or do to stop this?