• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction What the fuck is Chlorpromazine doing to my insides!?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
It has a film over the tablet and it has a warning not take break it or snap it in half because the Chlorpromazine itself can cause irritation and even first-degree burns to the skin.
Worrying enough.
I just chewed one of them up (mistaking it for a Dihydrocodeine) and had to wash my burning mouth thoroughly with milk. I chewed it on the right side of my mouth and I now have actual chemical burns on the inside of my right cheek and on my tongue.
If it can do that, surely taking it regularly will cause a stomach ulcer? And inflame my intestines? That shit is caustic.

I highly doubt it would cause the same issues when swallowed whole with enough water. The difference is your stomach has much more water, fats, and food.

Say you have maybe 1 ml of salvia and your stomach has maybe 500 ml of water

Maybe the pill has 1 gram of soluble junk soluble 1 g in 10 ml of water that would leave like 900 mg of junk without any water able to directly irritate your mouth instantly

Vs 500 ml of water in your stomach that would be like 1/50 or 2% solution

Basically all these numbers are made up but what im trying to show is the irritation is highly dependent concentration

A stomach can also handle acids that would burn through carpet. On the other end of the spectrum stomach acid would also buffer something of high pH, but this seems to be something akin to capsaicin, not pH extremes.

If Pharma company manufactured it, it passed FDA Clinical Trials- phase I, II & III, I don't think you have anything to worry about on the long term from one unprotected exposure.

"It works by helping to restore the balance of certain natural substances in the brain.Chlorpromazine is also used to control nausea/vomiting, relieve prolonged hiccups..."source

Skin, Eye and Respiratory Irritations:
May cause irritation /to the eyes, skin, and mucous membranes/. Avoid inhalation. Remove to fresh air. Avoid contact. Flush /eyes/ with copious quantities of water for at least 15 minutes. Avoid /skin/ contact. Flush with copious quantities of soap and water.

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/

With only soap & water flushing needed, and not even a warning to contact a physician afterwards, it only strengthens the case that the irritation will be transitory from a single exposure.

I was looking this up last night. Many medications can cause chemical burns such as aspirin, ibuprofen, promazine, chlorpromazine, and others. It didnt give specific information on why chlorpromazine specifically was causing a burn. But it is most likely a pretty caustic substance and the coating is to prevent the chemical from coming in contact with the epithelial lining of the mouth and esophagus. Same with Ibuprofen, I haven't seen an ibuprofen without a pretty good coating on them.

The stomach and parts of the GI tract have 'linings', buffering systems and mucous layers, like the glycoprotein mucins, that contribute to protection from multiple agents. I wouldn't be surprised if Crohn's disease and the like had antibodies to some of those GI glycoproteins.

Just look at the damage / erosions that can come from bulimia for stomach acids otherwise tolerated...relatively

Sublingual pramiracetam (I though it was something else) was definitely nasty for me.

The stomach and parts of the GI tract have 'linings', buffering systems and mucous layers, like the glycoprotein mucins, that contribute to protection from multiple agents. I wouldn't be surprised if Crohn's disease and the like had antibodies to some of those GI glycoproteins.

Just look at the damage / erosions that can come from bulimia for stomach acids otherwise tolerated...relatively

Sublingual pramiracetam (I though it was something else) was definitely nasty for me.

Having had bulimia for many years I know all too well about acid damage. I feel embarrassed to smile at anyone. Plan on getting porcelain veneers.

You keep smiling no matter what C.E!
Don’t be self conscious about your teeth.
A huge smile is beautiful even if it is toothless!!

Hope you are doing well. I have been continuing to get my smoking down little by little!
Thanks for that thread and the encouragement.
❤️

I've got some implants 3 months ago, I've have a problem with my teeth since I was a kid, had lots and lots of pain and the most of the times the doctors resorted to taking out the nerves.

in time as the teeth were dead with no nerve, they started turning blue and then black and after that slowly falling out piece by piece.

I had almost no molars lef, now I got 2 implants and a bridge between the two so now I have 3 molars from 1 lol but my front and other teeth look ok so it's not visible.

I've got some implants 3 months ago, I've have a problem with my teeth since I was a kid, had lots and lots of pain and the most of the times the doctors resorted to taking out the nerves.

in time as the teeth were dead with no nerve, they started turning blue and then black and after that slowly falling out piece by piece.

I had almost no molars lef, now I got 2 implants and a bridge between the two so now I have 3 molars from 1 lol but my front and other teeth look ok so it's not visible.

Same. Baby teeth had no enamel and my adult teeth are pretty much the same. It had to do with my mother having lupus when I was in utero. My root canal filling broke off 2 days ago and now I have to go in for another extraction before I start school again on the 26th =/. What is the cause of your teeth problems if I may ask?

idk really, I always thought that it's genetic, I eat although lots of sweets, twice as much as normal food per day

and I have 70 kgs max plus 1,87meters tall and I don't get fatter, but I would like to. considering how much sweets I eat