• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What the bear had to say at ega 2009

that percentage of people using drugs now is way to big i have several charts from several sources saying its actualy about 38-39% if anyone cares

Hey Harry, welcome to bluelight

Can you please post the charts or at least a link to them by any chance?

I think a few people would be interested including myself

Thanks

Tronica said:
Yes, I know him and am familiar with both his talk and the paper that accompanies it. He directly cites the Neo-analysis here at Bluelight. I wasn't at the talk in full so can't really comment on how it was received at the time.

I have the paper from the EGA bulletin and can scan for you sometime, PD, if you want to read Unless the bulletin is avaialble online? Not sure if it is...

Thanks Tronica. Yes, I thought he might cite the BL post. As far as I know he didn't get permission, although technically, it is in the public domain. The problem is there are two mistakes - both minor, but mistakes nonetheless. These will be amended when there is a published reference, which hopefully won't be too long away. I'd certainly like a read of his accompanying paper. I did see the small blurb on the EGA flyer, but that's about it.

^^ when you say paper p_d you mean peer reviewed? I'm not even sure who would let a reference from an online forum get into a peer reveiwed paper. Unless of course he contacted you p_d and got an official statement of test results, that could be published IMO.

Sorry for being a grump chemi

I had no way of referencing it other than the statement that it was given out at EGA last weekend

All sorted now :D

Sorry psilo, you seemed to mis-interpret what I was asking. I wasn't asking if this did actually come from said event. I was asking for references to some of the bold claims made in the essay, especially the prohibition information. I believe it came from EGA. I guess it's just the developing academic inside me that asks for a reference for every 'not common knowledge' statement.

It just seems self debricating to go to the effort of discovering all the sources to write such an essay, and then not putting the references in the essay, unless of course it is private communications, however saying that is still better then nothing. (I'm not tearing the essay to shreds, just stating that future work should include references, or (some) people will just ignore it.)

^^ when you say paper p_d you mean peer reviewed?

If you are referring to Bright's paper, I don't know. If you are talking about the point I made regarding the hopeful published reference, then the answer is yes.

Actually, in the case of information in the public domain for which there is no other peer reviewed alternative, cited the direct information online is a possible alternative in a peer reviewed article. You would need to treat it differently in text though - mentioning the nature of the information and its rareness (supporting the necessity of a non-peer-review reference). This norm would also differ between journals and across disciplines. As for using forum discussion as data in a publication, this is a grey area regarding ethics, consent and process... but journalists do it all the time ;)

The 'Ethnogenesis Australis' journal is a written version of the conference presentations and so, I understand, is subject only to the reviewing that took place to vet people into the conference. Not the standard peer-review process of known journals as you appear to be refering to, Sykik. It seems the Entheogenesis Australis journal was launched in 2009 - this is the first issue. Perhaps they will make it available for online download? I'm unsure if copyright would allow me to just scan and make it available - and should discuss directly with author. Will look into that!

Phase_dancer - is the article in press or under review? How exciting!

the first then second time round - mebbe 'twas um the fresh air, i figured out the Bear spoke in code, where to understand the real message, you had to listen to every third word he did not emphasize. the dude was the Dead' soundman after all.