• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What solid can mix into NaCl and H20 to inject-wanna remove (Naltexone) from Vivitrol

Zach61422

Greenlighter
***ADMINS- My 2nd post did not include ANY legal matter whatsoever like my first time. Then an admin shut my second post because OBVIOUSLY they didnt read it and they thought I copied aad pasted. . I am DESPERATE for help. I made many changes in this post and NEED HELP DESPERATELY. I reworded the most I can***

Sorry if title is confusing and here's my situation. I'm being forced to get the Vivitrol shot tomorrow by my doctor in order to be part of my group therapy. It is a IOP requirement to get the shot. . However, the active ingredient Naltrexone makes me feel sick and just terrible and depressed as hell. Lots of side effects for me, even suicidal thoughts.

I came up with this idea to still get the shot, yet receive no Naltrexone. My first idea can't be done. I was going to simply replace the serum with a diluent, and receive shot with pure diluent (basically getting a pointless shot without any Naltexone so I dont have have my bad effects.

However, I did not realize that the Vivitrol shot contains both diluent (water,HCl, and ogher ingredients) along with powder (the Naltrexone) to be mixed together before getting the shot. That leaves me with a challenge to replace the white Naltrexone powder with something that looks alike, dissolves in the diluent, and will not hurt me. What kind of powder can I use to replace the Naltrexone? Anyone have any other ideas?

Also, please don't tell me to just tell them it makes me sick and react badly to me.. I've tried, yet they're still forcing me to get the shot.

Admins, I changed the wording and out legal stuff. Please allow me keep this thread. I need an answer by tomorrow around noon. ANY TIP WILL BE SO SO MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU ALL!!!

It's not about how you worded it, it's about what you're planning on doing. Basically what you want to do is trick your doctor into thinking that you received a shot of naltrexone, while you didn't. First I honestly doubt that you can get your hands on the bottle/powder and second, what you wanna do is pretty much illegal and we can't help you with that, it's against the forum guidelines, not matter how you word it.

Fyi, I do have the bottle as I'm the one who had to get from pharmacy. I dont see how this is illegal but you may be right. They are not the doctors that prescribed the shot, it was another doctor from my past rehab. Then this doctor wants to administer it asap. Its not like im putting some illegal drug into the the solution. Im simply (most likely) going to replace the naltrexone with saline powder. Yes I know it’s wrong, however, I may lose this doctor if I dont get it. It’s a horrible situation. Either he cuts me off or I get away with doing something illegal.

I’m not looking for someone to say if I should do it or not. Regardless of the law. I just want to know if saline powder is safe to mix with the diluent (which includes a few other ingredients + water + NaCl.

I posted in pharmacology because I want to know if thats a safe combination to be injected.

You're asking for assistance in tricking your doctor and the courts, and we won't help you do that.

It might be a shitty deal, but it's not a moral outrage to require this shot to keep you out of jail. And the idea of swapping out sterile drug from a sealed vial, reconstituting it in front of this doctor? makes no sense.

They can't force you into anything you're letting them give it to you even if it is under the excuse your situation forced it. I would never let it happen

As the forum mods have correctly point out, we can’t help you break the law or deceive your doctor.

That said, I’d still strongly encourage you to find a way to work with another doctor and your lawyer in order to legally establish you cannot take Vivitrol. The court can force you to take a medication that is likely to cause you serious harm, and I don’t see another way out of this situation other than that.

Unfortunately I’m aware you have precious little time to deal with this. It’s a horribly shitty situation, but the sooner you start working on finding a way to establish and document that you cannot tolerate this medication, the better off you’ll be.

Other than that do what you have to do. It’s just that BL isn’t here to help you scan doctors or the courts, which is essentially what you were proposing. I’m not saying the situation you’re in is fair, because it’s not - it sounds entirely fucked. But such is real life, and where there is a will there’s a way.

I hope you figure something out op. I wouldn't stick that shit in my body either

It seems like every post we get on here is either a negative reaction or people trying to figure out how/when they can get high while on the shot. Vivitrol just seems like something that courts or families force someone who isn’t ready to quit into.

It seems like every post we get on here is either a negative reaction or people trying to figure out how/when they can get high while on the shot. Vivitrol just seems like something that courts or families force someone who isn’t ready to quit into.

The "System" seems to be quick to label the the Vivitrol shot as effective as Suboxone, when the two are apples and oranges IMO. Both are tools and have their place for different people but a one size fits all approach is risky.
https://www.bluelight.org/vb/thread...ivitrol)-and-buprenophrine-naloxone-(Suboxone)

OP: I hope you can find another doctor to advocate you position to the first two. Compromising on something like this is unacceptable and even if you were able to tolerate it I don't think your long term success should be jeopardized by using the wrong tool when ORT should be available. I honestly hope this situation is resolved and the results are beneficial to you. Welcome to Bluelight, hope you stick around.

If it were an alcohol related issue it might be more viable, just not so much considering the OP doesn’t tolerate it well (which really isn’t at all uncommon). I agree that it’s an entirely different medication than buprenorphine. More like apples versus ash IMO, but I guess it is useful for some folks (though I have yet to meet any).

There has been a huge push by pharmaceutical companies to try and establish it is just as effective as methadone or buprenorphine, but that is simply a crock of shit. They’re just interested in their bottom line (note I’m shitting on some very particularly business interests here).

The one thing Viv “has going for it” is that it is prohibitions greatest friend as far as a “treatment” modality. All the bigoted and abstience only drug war ideologues (sadly even if abstinence only folks don’t intent to support the drugs war it is precisely what they’re doing) who proclaim ORT is “just substituting one addiction for another” love the idea of an opioid antagonist being used in treatment.

As we well know by this point, it only very rarely works out so well.

I hope the OP isn’t suffering too much if they had to take the plunge :(