• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming What should I play next? You decide. I'm too ADD right now.

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I have so many games on steam that I bought but never even installed... and can't decide what to play. You guys pick. I trust your judgement.

ARK
Assassin's Creed Origins
Cities: Skylines
Dark Souls 1/2 (beat 3)
DOOM
Dying Light
Far Cry 5
The Forest (played maybe a few hours)
Pillars of Eternity
Prison Architect
Civ 6
Terraria
South Park: Stick of Truth
Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Total War: Warhammer II
The Witcher 1,2,3
Wolfenstein II
Xcom 1,2

+ about 20 more that I bought but doubt I'll ever play. I'm so impulsive.

The Last of Us II
I played the first one, really enjoyed it.

The Last of Us II
I'm part of the PC master race club :devilish: 1440p gaming ftw

I used to own every console from SNES through PS2, but then switched to PC and never looked back. I don't even own a TV right now - I do everything on my PC.

Although if I did have a console I would surely play that game, looks amazing!

Last edited:
The Last of Us II

I bought that shit and I didn't even get my sauce back. But even then, many people loved this game for it's story but in my eyes it's a senseless story and no thank you whoever wanna debate about this, I will not waste my time on however this is called. I think lately, I had the opportunity to actually play and listen more music thanks to pretzela nintenela and I haven't found many interesting games as I thought I would. I own a professional rig, I could buy a country house with this rig haha but I thought to invest because there's gonna be some cool forthcomings games and old remakes. I really wanna play Mafia Definitive Edition, it's the first one in the series and with the capability of nowadays I can only imagine how it would look on a capable rig. Overall, there aren't many games for us -- as adult to escape into. One of the best games that I played in the last years was Metro -- hands down. Pure awe and passion. You should try Heavy Rain.

I have so many games on steam that I bought but never even installed... and can't decide what to play. You guys pick. I trust your judgement.

ARK
Assassin's Creed Origins
Dark Souls 1/2 (beat 3)
DOOM
Dying Light
Far Cry 5
Pillars of Eternity
Prison Architect
Civ 6
Terraria
The Witcher 1,2,3
Wolfenstein II
Xcom 1,2

Out of this list? My top pick would be betweenThe Witcher 3 and Xcom 2.

Civ6 is okay. I like 4 the most, 5's a close second, and 6 comes in third.

Terraria's fun, but there's a similar, space-themed game called Starbound that I used to enjoy immensely. Sunk something like 1200hrs into it, possibly much more than that.

ARK: Survival Evolved is absolutely fantastic on unofficial servers with a dedicated player group. It's best if you get in at the beginning of a server (day 1-5) and stick with it, but eventually it starts to feel like a list of virtual chores moreso than a video game. The official servers are absolutely toxic and nearly the entire map is already "claimed"/built on by the larger, established clans. A ton of trolling, walled off spawn points, walled off portals-- it's just not a good time unless you were there from the start or get in good with one of the larger clans.

Far Cry 5 is pretty good too. Great to play, especially to unwind and grind with a few drinks and some smoke.

Pillars of Eternity gets an honorable mention because, while I've never played it, I've heard and read great things about it online. If I had it in my library I would definitely have given it a shot by now.

Wolfenstein II's a pretty good one too, and that's coming from a guy that typically hates first person shooters.

Out of this list? My top pick would be betweenThe Witcher 3 and Xcom 2.

Civ6 is okay. I like 4 the most, 5's a close second, and 6 comes in third.

Terraria's fun, but there's a similar, space-themed game called Starbound that I used to enjoy immensely. Sunk something like 1200hrs into it, possibly much more than that.

ARK: Survival Evolved is absolutely fantastic on unofficial servers with a dedicated player group. It's best if you get in at the beginning of a server (day 1-5) and stick with it, but eventually it starts to feel like a list of virtual chores moreso than a video game. The official servers are absolutely toxic and nearly the entire map is already "claimed"/built on by the larger, established clans. A ton of trolling, walled off spawn points, walled off portals-- it's just not a good time unless you were there from the start or get in good with one of the larger clans.

Far Cry 5 is pretty good too. Great to play, especially to unwind and grind with a few drinks and some smoke.

Pillars of Eternity gets an honorable mention because, while I've never played it, I've heard and read great things about it online. If I had it in my library I would definitely have given it a shot by now.

Wolfenstein II's a pretty good one too, and that's coming from a guy that typically has first person shooters.
Nice bro!

Also are you hacking me or something?

I installed both witcher 3 and xcom 2 last night and played each for a bit :cool:

Nice bro!

Also are you hacking me or something?

I installed both witcher 3 and xcom 2 last night and played each for a bit :cool:

Ha! Nope, no hacking or anything. We just seem to have a pretty similar Steam library.

ARK
Assassin's Creed Origins
Dark Souls 1/2 (beat 3)
DOOM
Dying Light
Far Cry 5
Pillars of Eternity
Prison Architect
Civ 6
Terraria
The Witcher 1,2,3
Wolfenstein II
Xcom 1,2

I have quite a few of those in my backlog as well. Of the ones on the list that I've played as opposed to am waiting to play I enjoyed both TW: WH2 & X-Com 1. TW: WH2 was quite entertaining & seeing as you're like me with the PCMR 1440p thing the graphics are quite nice. I found the game to be much better with a large number of mods BTW. I didn't even bother playing through it before using mods. I used mods for my first play through. I went with the Tomb Kings & found it to be fun while at the same time as mentioned the battles are just a treat visually. More recently I played through X-Com 1. If you enjoyed the original games back in the day you'll enjoy the new one more than likely. I thought it was quite entertaining & will likely play through it again with the 'Long War' mod. I haven't played the second one yet but hear that it's quite good. I figured as a fan of the series I wanted to play the first one before I played the second though I acquired both at the same time. I love the Civ series but haven't gotten around to playing 6 yet. I've had the game & it's expansions for quite some time but I know it will be time consuming if I start playing it & I'm stuck on MTG Arena ATM.

Regardless of what you pick enjoy! You've got some great choices available to you. :)

Reactions: CFC
Guys.... Yeah... A day after I posted this I realized that gaming goes hand in hand with drinking booze. It's honestly the biggest trigger I have. Just sold my rtx 2060 graphics card for $280.

I am semi retired from gaming right now. I have way more important things to focus on anyways.... Like staying alive and not dying.

Might play some MTG arena or some other 2d game but idk. I have so many things on my plate I need to eat before the spoil.

Last edited:
Guys.... Yeah... A day after I posted this I realized that gaming goes hand in hand with drinking booze. It's honestly the biggest trigger I have. Just sold my rtx 2060 graphics card for $280.

I am semi retired from gaming right now. I have way more important things to focus on anyways.... Like staying alive and not dying.

Might play some MTG arena or some other 2d game but idk. I have so many things on my plate I need to eat before the spoil.

Best of luck on clearing up that plate. If you do decide to play MTG A I wish you better luck than I'm having lately! 🤞

As for myself M21 is turning out to be a challenging format. Overall I'm drafting what I feel to be good decks but I'm not having great success with them. I've drafted a few that weren't great but even my 'good' decks have under performed. Some of it is luck but it's still aggravating. For example my last game I ran into a turn 3 Teferi's Tutelage that they follow up with another Teferi's Tutelage turn 4. Turns 5 & 6 they Rain of Revelation... Draw 3 cards opponents mills 12 is pretty fucking rough to deal with. :\
I'm planning on trying again later today as I'm not happy when I don't pull at least 50%. I don't really feel like I'm doing anything wrong after having watched various streams & such. Though looking at various posts & such I'm not the only player that finds M21 to be an annoying format. :|

On the bright side doing my daily wins I finally hit Diamond on constructed! That made my day a bit brighter yesterday. I'd gotten one win away from Diamond 17 times by my count before dropping back down. I'd have the worst draws every time I was one match away. Finally got a hand I could curve out with when I was a single game away & Diamond it is. I doubt I'll grind for Mythic this season considering the state of Standard but we'll see. I'm also slowly but surely playing through SC2 campaign & enjoying it thoroughly. :)

Best of luck on clearing up that plate. If you do decide to play MTG A I wish you better luck than I'm having lately! 🤞

As for myself M21 is turning out to be a challenging format. Overall I'm drafting what I feel to be good decks but I'm not having great success with them. I've drafted a few that weren't great but even my 'good' decks have under performed. Some of it is luck but it's still aggravating. For example my last game I ran into a turn 3 Teferi's Tutelage that they follow up with another Teferi's Tutelage turn 4. Turns 5 & 6 they Rain of Revelation... Draw 3 cards opponents mills 12 is pretty fucking rough to deal with. :\
I'm planning on trying again later today as I'm not happy when I don't pull at least 50%. I don't really feel like I'm doing anything wrong after having watched various streams & such. Though looking at various posts & such I'm not the only player that finds M21 to be an annoying format. :|

On the bright side doing my daily wins I finally hit Diamond on constructed! That made my day a bit brighter yesterday. I'd gotten one win away from Diamond 17 times by my count before dropping back down. I'd have the worst draws every time I was one match away. Finally got a hand I could curve out with when I was a single game away & Diamond it is. I doubt I'll grind for Mythic this season considering the state of Standard but we'll see. I'm also slowly but surely playing through SC2 campaign & enjoying it thoroughly. :)

I hit diamond 1 (before there was mythic that was the highest) the first 2 seasons I played. Pissed they banned fires of invention, that was my fav deck, but I had 4 or 5 decks I used to get diamond tier 1. I'm probably going to start playing again. We should add each other!! I'll send you my username when I get home.

I love playing draft too, more than constructed, but shit is expensive. I probably spent like $500 on it back in the day lol

Oh shit bro I love sc2 as well! I got to master's in wings of liberty but haven't played since. I grew up on brood war

I've always been an extremely competitive gamer with everything I play. It's just my nature.

We should play!

Last edited:
I hit diamond 1 (before there was mythic that was the highest) the first 2 seasons I played. Pissed they banned fires of invention, that was my fav deck, but I had 4 or 5 decks I used to get diamond tier 1. I'm probably going to start playing again. We should add each other!! I'll send you my username when I get home.

I love playing draft too, more than constructed, but shit is expensive. I probably spent like $500 on it back in the day lol

Oh shit bro I love sc2 as well! I got to master's in wings of liberty but haven't played since. I grew up on brood war

I've always been an extremely competitive gamer with everything I play. It's just my nature.

We should play!

Sorry about the delay I somehow missed the notification on this thread. :\ I just noticed it while browsing something else you posted. I try not to spend to much on drafting (or Arena in general). I haven't had as much luck with M21 as I'd like but getting there. Definitely a totally different draft environment. It's the first core set I've drafted. I'm slowly but surely playing through SC2 when I'm not on MTGA. I'm busy quick drafting M21 while it's available ATM though. I'm looking forward to completely THB when that rolls around shortly. I'm glad now I didn't open the thirty some packs I had sitting around from it thinking that it might roll around again in the future. That will work out well. I'm trying to have a full set of everything in standard after it rotates this fall. It's working out pretty well so far. :)

I don't have my full nick handy but I wrote down yours & I'll shoot you an add. I'll PM you as well on here. See if we can't get some gaming going as it sounds like we have similar interests & such. (y)

Sorry about the delay I somehow missed the notification on this thread. :\ I just noticed it while browsing something else you posted. I try not to spend to much on drafting (or Arena in general). I haven't had as much luck with M21 as I'd like but getting there. Definitely a totally different draft environment. It's the first core set I've drafted. I'm slowly but surely playing through SC2 when I'm not on MTGA. I'm busy quick drafting M21 while it's available ATM though. I'm looking forward to completely THB when that rolls around shortly. I'm glad now I didn't open the thirty some packs I had sitting around from it thinking that it might roll around again in the future. That will work out well. I'm trying to have a full set of everything in standard after it rotates this fall. It's working out pretty well so far. :)

I don't have my full nick handy but I wrote down yours & I'll shoot you an add. I'll PM you as well on here. See if we can't get some gaming going as it sounds like we have similar interests & such. (y)
Cool bro :)

You can see your name if you load the client, then log out its next to your login name.

I love drafting because it gives me the same dopamine hit as gambling :devilish:

I still have some nasty decks I built back when MTG A was relatively new. I have all the cards collected from several sets. I got to Diamond 1 (back before Mythic, when Diamond was the top tier). I wonder how meta my decks are now.

Cool bro :)

You can see your name if you load the client, then log out its next to your login name.

I love drafting because it gives me the same dopamine hit as gambling :devilish:

I still have some nasty decks I built back when MTG A was relatively new. I have all the cards collected from several sets. I got to Diamond 1 (back before Mythic, when Diamond was the top tier). I wonder how meta my decks are now.

I wasn't near the client at the time but I realized I have a screenshot of my profile on the phone I was using. :\ I use the screenshot for easy name sharing for FNM. I just mind blanked on it apparently.

I'm mostly drafting as a way to collect sets but I could see what you're saying. That's one of the reasons I've not jumped on MTGO. Arena is definitely a cheaper option at this point though MTGO could be if you played / financed right. I started playing after THB came out when I saw an ad & was like wow that game I played in middle school still exists & been playing since. It seems like being able to play from the beginning would really help for a collection. Meta decks are extremely represented on Arena from what I've seen. The higher the rank the more meta. :LOL:

It'd be cool to see how things have changed after a break like you mention though. I know it was cool to see after 20 some years. I saw a tweet about Winter Orb / Icy Manipulater combo being good back in the day & was like holy shit my middle school self actually knew how to play. =D I had an Azorius (though it was just called White / Blue back then there weren't guilds & such that I recall) control deck. Well quite a few variants but that was one of em. So I hear ya on seeing how things have changed over the years. The only other MTG based game I had known about or played was the one that had Shandalar in it. Can't remember the title off the top of my head. I'll have to look it up.

Either way I'm sure it'll be fun to see how the decks have aged. I enjoy deck building myself. It can be a blast to come up with something people don't expect. Though it's a bit harder to have surprising / interesting decks now a days with the internet & meta decking. :\

ARK
Assassin's Creed Origins
Dark Souls 1/2 (beat 3)
DOOM
Dying Light
Far Cry 5
Pillars of Eternity
Prison Architect
Civ 6
Terraria
The Witcher 1,2,3
Wolfenstein II
Xcom 1,2

Fucking Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.......dude it's hard as balls at first, but once you get used to the mechanics is SUPER FUN. And I get a straight up rush when I beat a boss that I've been stuck on and has killed me 40 times. Can't recommend this game enough. Put your big boy pants on and try it out. It's from DarkSouls developer so expect the same difficulty curve.

of the games you listed Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein 2 are probably the best. Doom2016 and Doom Eternal are both really fun, too.