• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin what should I get ready for

bomber

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters. So, heres the situation. I am playing with heroin for some months now, usually I would use for 2-4 days every new month. The thing is that lately I was in that situation most people get in sometimes, where you stop giving a fuck and just enjoy your binges breaking any rulles and forgeting about tomorow. So I took H, I smoked it, then bought H, I smoked it, then again. Then I realised I had to stop for a while, watching my tolerance growing sharply, but that's when I got ill, catching some virus, so I kept using just to deal with it, since H seems to completely beat the desease. That's where I am now, Im using H, about 1-2 g (not very pure, though) every day for about 2 weaks now, skipping a day here and there.
Im planning to take a long break when I get rid of the virus, and want to know if I should expect any kind of w.d. and how to deal with them, with out subs or any other opiates.
Actually I mostly would like to learn if there is a solution where you gradually decrease your daily use until you reach zero and avoid expiriencing any w.d. at all

Last edited:
Actually I mostly would like to learn if there is a solution where you gradually decrease your daily use until you reach zero and avoid expiriencing any w.d. at all

No. You'll always feel something because there has to be a jump off point. Otherwise at the lowest doses you'll be in w/d all the time because the dose isn't enough to satisfy anything and wears off before the next dose. People even report this with methadone and suboxone.

You'll experience some w/d but doing it now is your best option. There's a big w/d thread that has all the tools you'd need, but you know yourself best. For me, cannabis can do a lot of it, though I need to EAT a lot of cannabinoids to really help. Drugs like lyrica or neurontin (pregbalin and gabapentin) help as well. Immodium will be essential.

Most importantly will be finding something to replace the time. After the inital couple days to just recover, you'll need something to fill your time.

One of the best descriptions that I've heard is that opioids are like a bank account. You've been borrowing over a few weeks and you can taper and pay back a little every day for a long while or pay back alot everyday for a short while but there is no cheating the bank. If you had the ability to source subs, kratom and then maybe tramadol you might suffer a bit less but this is generally not feasible for most, at least with short notice. Your best bet is to spend some time perusing the withdrawal mega threads and maybe some of the dark side threads as many people have written in detail on personal experience and what has had a good success rate in lessening symptoms. Hope you shake that virus soon as it's friggin cold right now. Good Luck..