• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What should I expect from a 40mg Vyvanse? Is it like Adderall or Concerta?

FunctionlJnkieGal

Bluelighter
I've never tried it. I was gonna save it for a rainy day if ever needed to stay focused when I'm tired. I don't normally take stimulants. I've had experiences with Adderall and meth and I use to get prescribed the highest dose of Concerta back when I was in highschool, but I much prefer opiates (morphine, specifically) over anything else. So basically what I'm wondering is, how does Vyvanse compare to the other stimulants I've mentioned and how long would a 40mg capsule last? I don't wanna be sleepless when I'm ready to call it a day.

concerta is NOTHING like adderall or vyvanse....these two are amphetamines, primarily d-amphetamine, while concerta is shit methylphenidate, a non amphetamine with horrible dirty effects ,plus it's a time released pill abuse proof

adderall contains dextroamphetamine and levoamp , while vyvanse contains just lisdextroamphetamine, it metabolizes into d-amp orally, and has a long acting effect, it lasts way longer then addersll, much smoother, less anxkety and physical tension

Vyvanse contains and amphetamine just like Adderall, but Adderall is a mixture of two amphetamines, the drug in Vyvanse is exactly the same but the dextroamphetamine in Vyvanse has a long functional hydrocarboxyl chain that first must be metabolised to dextroamphetamine (one of the drugs in Adderall) via red blood cell enzymes. This means you can't snort it and because it's a prodrug you can't IV it either. It lasts a lot longer and because it has to go through multiple metabolisation processes it has a longer onset of action

I haven't tried adderall as we dont have it here in aus, but have been put on practically every other stim med. Vys is probably my favourite, i actually just changed my script from concerta to vys. Both last long. I find Vys more intense, easier to study, better socially although i find i fiend it more then concerta and the crash hits me harder. Eating is also an issue, if you cant eat, try protein shakes when your stimmed. Really help

I just tried it last weekend. I gotta say, I didn't feel much different other than awake enough to work and I feel I could have gotten the same result from drinking a lot of coffee (maybe because I only took one 40mg pill and when I looked in the capsule a bit of the powder fell out). Maybe I should have taken 2 at once. It didn't seem as pronounced and wasn't nearly as euphoric as Adderall, but it did make me grind like teeth like crazy and keep me from sleeping that night. It was as if I was getting all the negative side-effects you'd expect to get from stimulants without the eye-opening euphoria and surge of energy when it kicks in. At least I was just looking to fight exhaustion for a night job and not seeking a high, or else I would've been thoroughly disappointed. Maybe I'm just too far gone in my morphine habit that nothing else really effects me anymore. I can't help but wonder, if it was the other way around, would a stimulant user receive little to no effect if they were to take an industrial strength opiate like morphine? Also, I've always had a high tolerance to alcohol but weed doesn't effect me at all now it seems (no matter how much I smoke in 1 sitting). Its a damn shame too, because I love weed. It use to be all I needed...then opiates happened. I should have done something about it a decade ago before it became a problem. Oh well. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Last edited: