• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What should I do to ensure safety when I do Heroin first time?

JohnFransico

Greenlighter
I've been told the expensive heroin you snort or smoke can give you a really high risk of OD'ing and I don't know if thats for sure but I wanna be sure that I don't die first time trying.

I'm probably going to smoke or snort first. I'm a needlephobe. but anyways, how do you know its not some counterfeit shit like Krokodil or something like that

You start with a super small amount, thats how you do it safely. You won't die your first time, what happens is over time you get careless because taking heroin becomes as normal for you as eating and you don't give it a second thought anymore. Thats when you OD, when you don't expect it.

I agree with burn out. You can always take more but you can never take less, as they say. Stay hydrated. I have a sensitive stomach so when I was doing heroin I got dehydrated very quickly and sometimes got sick. If you get nauseous just lay down or sit still, that's what usually helps.

You don't truly know what's in your heroin and we can't tell you how to find out, either. It could be anything. Try a small dose and compare the effects of normal heroin. Do your research, and stay safe.

You'll only know 100% with a proper lab test
It's most likely not krokodil, but it could be cut with fentanyl.

As the other two have said, start low. Get a milligram scale and if you have 100% pure heroin 5mg should be enough, so go from there and slowly titrate yourself up, while you have a sober trip sitter with naloxone.

Well, Im not very sure if we can convince you not to do it, but Ill give it a shot.
There is no real reason to start this shit. It can hook you before you know it. It is possible to control it, but it's not very easy and there is no reason to put your self in a situation where you try to resist to carvings. It's just an unpleasant situation and the high doesn't realy worth it. It's not a party drug, so it won't help you get laid or have a nice time or something.
But, yeah, I know that curiocity is the worst kind of carve so if you do it anyway that's my 2 cents:
As others all ready told, smoke a very little amount to see how it works and keep taking untill you get as high as you want. That's the safest way to avoid o.d., which isn't very possible anyway unless you really overdo it.
Also avoid booze or other depressants, and also avoid stims, even coffee, cause it's possible to overdo it because you don't feel the sadation.
Don't keep taking just seeking the godly euphoria you propably have heared that heroin is suposed to give you. I did that mistake in the begining and all I got is drawsiness and 24 hours sleeping marathons. What you should expect is relaxation and some euphoria, but not "heaven-like" stuff. When you get there,you took enough.

Most propably though you'll be fine in the begining even if not that carefull. But that's not what should realy worry you about H.

If you're really set on doing this, my recommendations are similar to others posted here:
* get a milligram scale and start with a *very* small dose, such as 5mg.
* don't re-dose too soon. come-up from non-IV ROAs should happen within 30 minutes. don't let that shit sneak up on you by re-dosing too soon.
* don't mix substances. especially avoid mixing with other CNS depressants (such as benzos or alcohol). but ideally, don't use anything else where you're learning
how your body reacts to H.

If you're getting #4 heroin (which you probably are if you live in the US, east of the Mississippi), I would recommend snorting instead of smoking. It's easy to lose dope due to poor 'technique' if you're smoking, and this loss interferes with keeping track of how much you've done. If you insufflate (snort) it, you won't get the highest bioavailability, but you will know exactly how much you've consumed.

I'd feel bad if I didn't offer a shout-out to skipping opiates, though. Dude, I was in your shoes about four years ago. I've been trying to quit for about two years now, and it's been the most awful experience of my life. I never thought heroin addiction would happen to me, but it did. It's not glamorous, and it's often miserable. The addiction sneaks up on you; it's incredibly hard to recognize it as it gets out from under you.

But, I read a million posts on BL saying not to do it, and I did it anyway, thinking a) I was strong enough to handle it, and b) my life was so fucked up that I didn't care if I did get addicted. So if you do move forward, go slow and be extremely careful.

Good luck.

If you are dead -set on doing this, I reiterate that you should never use alone.
The other I will tell you is that the majority of addicts I know were addicted before they realized it. Once turns into occasionally, then a couple times a week.......See where I'm going with this?
Heroin is a liar and is deceitful. Unfortunately.

You start with a super small amount, thats how you do it safely. You won't die your first time, what happens is over time you get careless because taking heroin becomes as normal for you as eating and you don't give it a second thought anymore. Thats when you OD, when you don't expect it.

Spot on. If you were dealing with pharmaceuticals, we would have at least some minor point of reference. Even still, given everybody's unique physiology, it would be an educated guess. Given that you're dealing with street drugs with no idea at all of potency/purity, the only thing we can safely recommend is to start with an extremely miniscule amount. Quantities of Fentanyl, for instance, barely visible to the naked eye, can kill with ease. Who's to say someone didn't accidentally sell you pure Fentanyl?

It's not fun, but you need to start with a truly miniscule amount and go from there. The miniscule amount is going to be practically nothing to ensure you don't have some super potent drug. If nothing happens, then you know that you can significantly increase your dose. After these two trials for reference, you should be in a much better place in terms of determining the appropriate dosage for your recreational pursuits.

Just remember this rule 'you can always do more, but you can't ever do less if you do too much' meaning take a micro bump of h I mean stupid small, and work your way up until you feel what's right for you and still always do less than you think just to be safe until you are completely aware of your dose.

Also important to note , if you do start snorting h be careful every time you get a new batch or new dealer , take a quarter of your usual dose to see where the potency stands cause you never know how potent it could be and you can always take more if it's not enough ,to save 5$ isn't worth anyone's life .
Be safe