Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

What Short Indie Films Do You Like?

you might say it's not a film. and it's certainly not indie. but as only some of you lurk the fashion thread, i will share this here as well...

there, now you don't have to waste two hours watching Jules et Jim. oh, which they acknowledge in the making of/behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Neato!

I must say, I've long been rather interested in fashion, but, with that said, I am far from a Prada fan. But that's okay too. And, still, with those directs (Wes et al), I enjoyed that nice little short! Actually it made me laugh a couple times, which is certainly not a bad thing :)

Thank you for your contribution hydroazuanacaine! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you here, maybe? Yes. ;)

Now, time for me to sit back and chill after insulfating 1.5mg of buprenorphine and watch my favorite movie, or shall I say film - and I am nothing if not a junctional film funky :) - Germany in Autumn [1978] . Not exactly a short, but I had to share if with you good folks.

I don't mean to brag and all, but... Yea, actually I do :D It's taken me more than a decade to find a copy of this in an actual film version. Not DVD, not VHS, but, in lay terms, old school film. Unfortunately, unless you have a very specific, killer sort of DLP projector setup, it's not possible to enjoy it as the masterpiece that it is (at least for me and a number of my New German Cinema companeros) good via DVD or VHS. It needs to be on old school reels to get the full experience from it, but in a way other films that also need to be viewed so don't really achieve.

I look forward to the day I can afford a nice DLP setup for all my movie and short watching needs, which in and of themselves are pretty gnarly set of needs :\

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you like it, toothpaste. awesome that you found an actual film version of your favorite movie.

i liked "Dennis," Max. feels good to be sad.

directed by brent hanely--who wrote Frailty. i saw Frailty too long ago to know if i like it. the director was not what drew me to this one. she's adorable. great in her character. the film is nothing amazing. good enough. typical, ending with the usual short film punch.

the video quality is unfortunate. this is the best i can find. it's on vimeo. not in any better quality.

i think "A Tax on Pochsy" is still my favorite short. i found a shorter cut of it called "The Audit (Line Item: Foster Child)." it's an abomination of the original. i won't be posting it and advise against searching it out. but there is another short by the same writer/director that's worth watching...

Nice! I'm looking forward to watching these (and will update with my reaction, which will probably be similar to the first, if short, "sentence" in this post ;))!

by no means a favorite. just something i recently saw and like. a more upbeat, drawn out version of Napoleon Dynamite.

I saw this on MTV's "Cartoon Sushi"(of all places) way back in my college days. It's animated, and pretty short, but so brilliant that you have to watch it twice. I also think it's stretching the definition of "short film", but so be it.

"Killing Heinz" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRL_QGInfdg

Something a little longer and darker, but much better (and also animated): "The End" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhcWg4NiqN8

^lol Brilliant! :D

Hydro: 'A Tax on Pochsy' ...interesting... a neurotic mess in a beautiful dress ;)

[video=vimeo;38238456]https://vimeo.com/38238456[/video]

The Story of the Cat and the Moon.
Infinitely romantic and visually pleasing.

and my personal fav (this could be SUCH a great movie, but given that they'd more than likely fuck it up, thank you Hollywood, the short is really really good).

wait till midnight to watch this. and don't forget to turn out the lights first too. trust me. you'll thank me later :)

The Gate:
[video=vimeo;32844733]https://vimeo.com/32844733[/video]
Damn, I'll be watching for more by Matt Westrup. It takes real vision to combine such strikingly surreal images of body horror with future shock themes effectively. The film has such a fresh eerie feel, the sort of gritty spark District 9 had, but beneath the sterile gleam of first world technophilia and without the conceit of aliens, making it much more disturbing.

For anybody who's ever fantasized about carrying around a cell phone jammer to force people to spend some time with their own thoughts or each other:

ending is heavy but preceding seven and a half minutes makes up for it.
what's she keep saying that sounds like "ninety nine"?

Last edited: