• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids What other liquid tastes salty exactly like GHB? How could I have been tricked?

muie

Bluelighter
I was introduced to liquid GHB this year and I didn't hesitate to purchase liquid form GHB 3 to 4 times each time from a different dealer. This is my 4th time and I got 600mL and when I taste it it tastes like strong GHB is supposed to taste but I swear that I do not get anything psychotropic from it not even half way what my last few GHB connections could stack up to. I don't even think it provides any effect at all, be it sedating or exciting! The reason why I say this is because I've tried up to 5mL which on any common grade quality GHB can almost always (without stimulants before) provide immediate sleep within 15min and guaranteed no matter what. This if anything is more agitating if anything.

What in the world can someone like me do in this case, how do you recommend I go about further tasting it more accurately? I remember one sure fire way to see if it was real good GHB was when waking up to take with your cup of coffee before you go to shit, take about 2.5mL - 3mL of GHB and you will see how its like a miracle the shit literally just comes out of you. Later I found out they give it in childbirth to relax the vaginal walls, go figure.

Anyway this doesn't do anything to me, none of the wonderful euphoria that GHB is associated with and the reason why I bought so much.

I hear that GBL must be mixed in with sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide and if its sodium hydroxide then some people in blue at customs may have switched it for a bottle with some baby oil inside it mixed in with some sodium hydroxide which I assume it tastes like salt. This is making me very worried because with GHB I knew what I was taking and no its not GBL that would mean in effects that they would come on even earlier than GHB.

Please help a newbie out!

@muie i doubt customs would switch it. If they discovered it was ghb you would have got a warning letter.

Unfortunately pal it sounds like the vendor has ripped you off with bunk product, have you (im assuming it's from the DNMs) checked their recent feedback since receiving? Maybe they got stuck with a bunk batch themselves and have sent a load out without testing - it happens.

I'd write to them and express your concerns shortly and sweetly, IME sometimes they are 'trying it' with a new customer to make a quick buck, and are happy to replace/resend something better to stop you tainting their name with bad feedback 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't consume any more if it worries you.

Do you know the actual concentration in g/ml? Even in low concentrations GHB is pretty easy to taste, and it might just be weak. You can check by evaporating a bit, say 10ml, and weighing it. Typical doses for GHB start around 3g.

Repeatable dosing for GHB really should be done in grams and not ml since that varies by supplier. It's easy to get yourself into trouble if you guess wrong.

Also not sure of your source but in the past I've had vendors that sold pre-done GHB drinks where one bottle was made for one session (Typically around 10g). Although these were flavored and priced accordingly.

There are very reliable tests for GBL and GHB available online.

Given what this stuff can be made out of and how easily, I’d recommend using one before consuming. Doubly so for a new source.

The one and only time I tried to buy it from a DNM vendor I got toxic bunk.

The easiest way to see the quality of the drug as well as the concentration is to make a powder out of it. Set your oven to approx. 70 degrees C, pour the liquid into a deep pan, put it in the oven. Set a pen so that the oven door is slightly open so air can circulate and wait for 12-ish hours for the water to evaporate. You should now have a hard "cake" with a pattern like a salt desert. Scrape up the pure pieces of salt and grind in an almond grinder or the like.

You now have close to 100% pure Na-GHB, put it in a sealable jar as it is very hygroscopic. You can easily use a scale to get precise dosages.

Maybe they tried to rip ypu off with ordinary salt in the liquid? It should taste salty with a chemical hint and ..umami sweetness. The powder will not have the chemical taste, just salty/sweet. Put a bit of pure powder on your tongue and you feel a bit of heat, I dont know why.

Good luck with your liquid!

You now have close to 100% pure Na-GHB, put it in a sealable jar as it is very hygroscopic.

This is in no way true, any impurities will still remain after evaporation. If it was 80% pure starting product put into water then after removing the water it's still 80% pure. Common GHB impurities do not evaporate at lower temps than water.

Evaporation will help OP determine concentration, but they don't need the whole batch to do that. 10-20ml or so should be a good amount. As you mentioned GHB is hydroscopic (attracts water) so keeping it dry is a pain. After they know the concentration they can still dose by grams.

There are very reliable tests for GBL and GHB available online.

Yeah that would be a good first step. Test that it's actually legitimate and then determine concentration for dosing.

This is in no way true, any impurities will still remain after evaporation. If it was 80% pure starting product put into water then after removing the water it's still 80% pure. Common GHB impurities do not evaporate at lower temps than water.

Evaporation will help OP determine concentration, but they don't need the whole batch to do that. 10-20ml or so should be a good amount. As you mentioned GHB is hydroscopic (attracts water) so keeping it dry is a pain. After they know the concentration they can still dose by grams.

Yeah that would be a good first step. Test that it's actually legitimate and then determine concentration for dosing.
Hello friend!

You are right, quaalMan, I assumed the liquid to be a pure product produced with lactone and hydroxide, diluted and getting rid of the remaining solvent through carbon filtration. (or another way to produce pure product)

I was introduced to liquid GHB this year and I didn't hesitate to purchase liquid form GHB 3 to 4 times each time from a different dealer. This is my 4th time and I got 600mL and when I taste it it tastes like strong GHB is supposed to taste but I swear that I do not get anything psychotropic from it not even half way what my last few GHB connections could stack up to. I don't even think it provides any effect at all, be it sedating or exciting! The reason why I say this is because I've tried up to 5mL which on any common grade quality GHB can almost always (without stimulants before) provide immediate sleep within 15min and guaranteed no matter what. This if anything is more agitating if anything.

What in the world can someone like me do in this case, how do you recommend I go about further tasting it more accurately? I remember one sure fire way to see if it was real good GHB was when waking up to take with your cup of coffee before you go to shit, take about 2.5mL - 3mL of GHB and you will see how its like a miracle the shit literally just comes out of you. Later I found out they give it in childbirth to relax the vaginal walls, go figure.

Anyway this doesn't do anything to me, none of the wonderful euphoria that GHB is associated with and the reason why I bought so much.

I hear that GBL must be mixed in with sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide and if its sodium hydroxide then some people in blue at customs may have switched it for a bottle with some baby oil inside it mixed in with some sodium hydroxide which I assume it tastes like salt. This is making me very worried because with GHB I knew what I was taking and no its not GBL that would mean in effects that they would come on even earlier than GHB.

Please help a newbie out!

Simple salt water, or something thicker like PG or VG, mixed with salt, would emulate GHB in terms of taste. It would be easy for an unscrupulous vendor to sell you such a thing and claim it was GHB.

GBL does not need to be mixed with anything, it is active on its own. But it tastes awful and not salty at all.

I still can’t get past ‘semen’ as the answer every time I read this thread title. Not helpful I know.

I had it in a plastic bottle and after taking it out of the plastic bottle and looking at it a few days later there were white spots - leftover 'traces' of the 'GHB' inside my solution. When tasting these white spots they give off a salty aroma.