• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What opioids give a good high?

Jcoedine

Greenlighter
I'm new to opiods and I'd like to know which ones I can get over the counter //easily// and get a decent high? Thanks ;):D

btw I'm a girl. In the past I've been called a he lol

Codiene is the only thing thats going to be over the counter. There are a few RC versions fentnyl, but I wouldnt attempt those seeing how your opiate naive. Tianeptine comes to mind, but its mild and has a really short half life.

Be sure to research opiates in detail if this is something you plan to do. Be sure to not mix them with anything until you are experienced. Research research research. Bluelight has a wealth of knowledge. Use the search button.

I dont care if you use them or not, is definitely worth checking out "The dark side" forum on this site. Youre not special, addiction sucks.

Kratom is a great entry level one. I still enjoy it from time to time.

yeah and when you're tolerance grows you chan get on poppy pods then you'll be ready for methadone and heroin.

Seriously be carefull opiates are no joke even kratom is a good stepping stone IMO.

yeah and when you're tolerance grows you chan get on poppy pods then you'll be ready for methadone and heroin.

Seriously be carefull opiates are no joke even kratom is a good stepping stone IMO.

the progression

3rd for don't do it

4th for dont do it, but what you can get depends heavily on where you live and as previously mentioned Codeine is by far the easiest, however thats jumping in CWE territory, and i dont get the impression your down for that (although if your in the UK because your girl you can get a box of codeine phosphate super easily from your gp as a one time thing, but I cant tell you how here, sorry). Plus whats a 'good high' to you? Personally I hate stimulants, and not a massive fan of alcohol or psychedelics, however I love opiates and like benzos, everyones different.

5th for dont do it. Unless you are prescribed them or need them for pain, do not start taking them just to get high and save yourself a lifetime of problems

slippery slope

Don't do it! There, that's out of the way....had to be said....again. That is the simple version of the following contents of this reply. Please read the rest!

You aren't going to get anything over-the-counter that you can enjoy long-term safely. Codiene is really the only over-the-counter narcotic you can get and it contains acetaminophen. As a new user, a dose or 6 daily won't really do any damage but soon you will build a tolerance and need more to feel it. That will lead to more acetominophen ingestion. At a certain point, not very long after you start, if you use regularly, longer if you use less-frequently, you will reach the tipping point where you will need to ingest such a large amount of Codeine that you will be ingesting far too much acetaminophen. Serious damage to the liver can occur fairly quickly when this happens, and it WILL happen if you take it regularly. (4 grams, or 4,000 mg. is the toxic limit BTW.). This is what the above commenter meant by CWE...Cold Water Extraction. I will not go into detail but it is basically the tedious process of filtering the acetominophen from the codeine so you don't ingest a poisonous amount. Pain in the ass and not sustainable long-term, realistically.

You may think you can do it for a while and stop before it gets out of control but at a certain point, (EVERYONE is different so it cannot be predicted when), even if you don't become mentally addicted to it, you WILL become physically dependent on it. It happens without you noticing and once it does, you are trapped. Your body will NEEDS to have it at least once a day (in large, unsafe amounts by this point). When, not if, you become physically dependent, your body will force you to take dangerous amounts or it will go into withdrawl. Narcotic withdrawls are EXTREMELY EXCRUCIATING! Mentally and physically they have been described by some as the most painful nightmare they have ever endured. I won't go into detail on the subject of withdrawls but I do strongly encourage you to check into it. Please don't just read the standard textbook definitions but look at the dark side here on the forums, or Google and read personal accounts of it. That will give you the full in-depth truth as much as possible without experiencing it for yourself. Be grateful that others have gone before and left a record of their experience(s). It may save your life. Many millions of people take narcotics in very expensive, very dangerous amounts every day just to keep the withdrawls at bay because they are so TERRIBLE! And for no other reason than that. Many users also take those doses because they like it mentally so much they cannot control the cravings for it, and therefore cannot stop, even though they DESPERATELY want nothing more than to be narcotic free. Some to the point where it has become so bad and depressing that they commit suicide!
These are just a few risk factors. I haven't even touched on the fact that once you become either physically and/or mentally addicted and can no longer sustain your habit with codeine safely or cost-effectively, you WILL progress to more dangerous and much more expensive drugs. Once codeine is out of the equation, you will start buying stronger, and ILLEGAL drugs to keep your mental addiction and/or physical dependency satisfied. First it might be Norco, then Oxycodone, then Morphine, then Fentanyl, but it will eventually almost always be HEROIN.

If you are female, the outlook is even dimmer. I personally know more than one woman and one very young girl, (17 to be exact), that either has sex with or performs other sex acts for at least one person, sometimes more, on a DAILY basis in order to keep herself from feeling unwell. There is also a component to her doing this that is solely to help her forget and feel better about the degrading things that drugs make her do. You may think and swear that will never be you but if you chose to turn toward that pill, it could happen easily. Very quickly you lower your standards and justify actions that once repulsed you, just to get high or not get sick. It happens millions of times all over the world on a daily basis to people from all walks of life, all background, and all education levels. From poor teens from the ghetto who had very little chance of ever escaping, all the way to highly educated and well-bred doctors, lawyers, and stock brokers, just to name a few. People whom were raised in terrible homes with childhood sexual, physical, and mental abuse. People who were raised in loving homes with happy childhoods and bright futures, and everyone in between. Soccer mom's, politicians, and barbers, school teachers, police officers, and grocery store cashiers, welder and soldiers, elderly women and men, teens with their whole lives ahead of them, judges, psychiatrists and, addiction Counselors, criminals, actors and national heroes Little League coaches and Nurses. No one is immune...NO ONE...not even you.

A little example for you. Please read it carefully and slowly and take it very seriously. The following is an almost exact play-by-play of MILLIONS of people's lives. Each one may vary slightly but, in the end, they are ALL the same. Please read it every day if you must. Memorize it. Print it. Carry it in your wallet if you have to. Hang it on your wall. Hell, hang it on your friends walls, your brother's, anyone you care about. It isn't the greatest piece of writing ever produced but it's the content, not the quality that counts in this instance. It could be the difference between life and.....

You start with small doses of heroin, most likely snorting it. Then it gets to the point where you need to snort so much heroin that it is no longer financially possible for you to continue. You learn, through a new addict friend, or dealer, that IV heroin is much more cost-effective than snorting. You vow, just as you vow now that you'll never become addicted, that you will never use a needle.... EVER. Then, one day, you run out of money. You already sold your car, lost your home to foreclosure because you chose buying the drugs your body and mind crave over paying your mortgage. You now live in a shitty little apartment anyway, so you justify selling your furniture, your belongings, your great-grandmother's treasured wedding ring, for money to support your habit. You have to make a choice. Either do 1 last line, then anxiously wait for the excruciating withdrawls to start, or buy the heroin and have your new junkie friend loan you a syringe and help you inject for the first time. Out of desperation. Just theses few times, until you get your next welfare check or until can sell your food stamps to get enough dope to go back to snorting. You lost your job because you were too busy trying to find the money for dope to go to work, and because you called out "sick " so many times because you were in withdrawls and couldn't get out of bed. It's justified now that you have no other choice. You've just lowered your standards in that instant to accept the fact that it is the only Way to feel ok, therefore it's alright. just this once, or twice, or seventeen times. Since you are now a serious addict with a very costly, very dangerous, and very illegal habit that you MUST maintain, you love it and never look back. It feels SO GOOD and saves so much money! It's a miracle, and it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. It's the only way! Why haven't you been doing it all along!?
Don't forget that this whole time, every day, your tolerance and need INCREASES. Your family stopped talking to you a while ago and your mother cries every night in secrecy for the child she once knew. You are so depressed with the person you have become that you want to die, but can't bring yourself to waste enough dope to Finish yourself off. It's common practice now steal from your grandmother, lie to you parents, and beg and borrow money from relatives and friends under the guise of a flat tire you can't afford to fix, or a vet bill that suddenly popped up, so many times without repaying it that your family no longer sees you or allows you into their homes. Your brother lost his car because he put it up for your bail the last time you got arrested for shoplifting, and will no longer speak to you because you chose meeting up with your dealer over appearing in court on time. Your sister wrote you off when you stole her precious mother's ring to pawn it for drugs. Your cousin shut you out when you emptied her daughter's piggy bank during last year's family Christmas party. They have given up on you and, although they hope the old you will come back someday, they have already grieved for you as if you have died.
Your new family is one you can relate to. Criminals, thieves, and junkies, just like you. They know you. They understand you, they accept you just like you are. To them, you are family too because you are the only one that understands them and will allow them in your life. They have lost everything and everyone that ever meant anything to them, just like you have, so your next fix and those that sell it to you, or do it with you, become the only pitiful and depressing family they have left, just like they are to you.
One day, you wake up in a strange grungy apartment with a needle still hanging from a your arm, track marks all over your body, and a face staring back at you from the mirror that you don't even recognize. Gaunt, pale, hollow, with eyes as flat and lifeless as old pennies. For a fleeting second you cry inside for the person you once were and the life and love that you once had. Then you turn away and slide a dirty dull needle into your arm, a flash of crimson, a taste of metal, and are embraced by the darkness that awaits in the golden brown liquid. You are gone...the person you were is no longer and the spark, the potential, the joy and life you once had before you disappears as you slip into a cold and empty nothingness. You disappear forever. Either the cold black hand of death takes you or your soul is snuffed out. They are one-in-the-same. A precious life, your life, so full of potential and with such a bright and joyful future, disappears like it never happened, and is gone with the push of a $.25 plastic plunger crusted with your own dried blood. Don't do it....please. Take the advice of those of us who are where you will be if you do this. Take the advice and learn from those who have gone before you.
Go outside, walk in the sunshine and dance under the moonlight. Catch snowflakes on your tongue and splash in the puddles. Visit your loved ones and friends and focus on how their laughter makes your heart feel content, and carry it with you, always. Snuggle with your dog and cuddle your purring kitten. Remember your little brother's grin, the feel of your mother's comforting hand in your's as you stroll through the park, or your father's smile, a smile that felt like coming home, as you fished in the lake when you were 7.
Remember your sloppy awkward first kiss, the way your cheeks got hot and you couldn't stifle your giggle, or your lover, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, fiancé, or partner and the way they made your stomach flutter with the beat of a thousand butterfly wings when they held your hand, looked into your eyes, and said I love you for the very first time. Hug you kids and think of the day they were born. How you loved them so much before they were even born that you would have given your life the exact shining moment they took their first breath simply for them to be happy. Watch the fireworks flashing brightly, feel the soundwaves vibrate through your body, and remember how they inspired awe in you as a child.
Look at your yearbook from High School. Daydream about your secret crush, or how it will feel when you finally get the job you have been dreaming of your whole life. Imagine your graduation, the bright flashes of cameras, smiling parents, and mortarboards flying into the air as you cheer and charge into your future. Think back to the pride you felt when you bought your first old clunker car, or the day you got your license.
Now picture your life the way I just described our lives as addicts and walk in the direction that makes you feel warm and at peace. Chose your future wisely, as there is no turning back from the path of darkness. It grows and closes over behind you, leaving you nowhere to go but deeper and deeper into the black void of nothing. I hope you choose not to give up everything you can have and be for the empty waking nightmare that lies ahead if you swallow that pill and head down that dark and empty path. Walk towards the light.

7th for do not do it.

Depending where you are from you probably won't get opioids over the counter anyway. So you would need to get them illegaly which is not a good thing to do.
Then you will like the buzz they give you and then you want more, until you use everyday and have to face withdrawal. Next step: Methadone or Subutex -> Lifelong addiction
(in short and a little overexaggerated but that usually is the way it goes).

Just smoke some pot or maybe trip on light psychedelics like 2c-b instead of potentially ruin your life over the desire to try opioids and get high.

Z

8th for don't do it. Don't even get started down this road. You won't find anything harder than codiene over the counter. The road you're headed down is a road of hell. Exit now and don't ever come back.

Don't do it! There, that's out of the way....had to be said....again. That is the simple version of the following contents of this reply. Please read the rest!

You aren't going to get anything over-the-counter that you can enjoy long-term safely. Codiene is really the only over-the-counter narcotic you can get and it contains acetaminophen. As a new user, a dose or 6 daily won't really do any damage but soon you will build a tolerance and need more to feel it. That will lead to more acetominophen ingestion. At a certain point, not very long after you start, if you use regularly, longer if you use less-frequently, you will reach the tipping point where you will need to ingest such a large amount of Codeine that you will be ingesting far too much acetaminophen. Serious damage to the liver can occur fairly quickly when this happens, and it WILL happen if you take it regularly. (4 grams, or 4,000 mg. is the toxic limit BTW.). This is what the above commenter meant by CWE...Cold Water Extraction. I will not go into detail but it is basically the tedious process of filtering the acetominophen from the codeine so you don't ingest a poisonous amount. Pain in the ass and not sustainable long-term, realistically.

You may think you can do it for a while and stop before it gets out of control but at a certain point, (EVERYONE is different so it cannot be predicted when), even if you don't become mentally addicted to it, you WILL become physically dependent on it. It happens without you noticing and once it does, you are trapped. Your body will NEEDS to have it at least once a day (in large, unsafe amounts by this point). When, not if, you become physically dependent, your body will force you to take dangerous amounts or it will go into withdrawl. Narcotic withdrawls are EXTREMELY EXCRUCIATING! Mentally and physically they have been described by some as the most painful nightmare they have ever endured. I won't go into detail on the subject of withdrawls but I do strongly encourage you to check into it. Please don't just read the standard textbook definitions but look at the dark side here on the forums, or Google and read personal accounts of it. That will give you the full in-depth truth as much as possible without experiencing it for yourself. Be grateful that others have gone before and left a record of their experience(s). It may save your life. Many millions of people take narcotics in very expensive, very dangerous amounts every day just to keep the withdrawls at bay because they are so TERRIBLE! And for no other reason than that. Many users also take those doses because they like it mentally so much they cannot control the cravings for it, and therefore cannot stop, even though they DESPERATELY want nothing more than to be narcotic free. Some to the point where it has become so bad and depressing that they commit suicide!
These are just a few risk factors. I haven't even touched on the fact that once you become either physically and/or mentally addicted and can no longer sustain your habit with codeine safely or cost-effectively, you WILL progress to more dangerous and much more expensive drugs. Once codeine is out of the equation, you will start buying stronger, and ILLEGAL drugs to keep your mental addiction and/or physical dependency satisfied. First it might be Norco, then Oxycodone, then Morphine, then Fentanyl, but it will eventually almost always be HEROIN.

If you are female, the outlook is even dimmer. I personally know more than one woman and one very young girl, (17 to be exact), that either has sex with or performs other sex acts for at least one person, sometimes more, on a DAILY basis in order to keep herself from feeling unwell. There is also a component to her doing this that is solely to help her forget and feel better about the degrading things that drugs make her do. You may think and swear that will never be you but if you chose to turn toward that pill, it could happen easily. Very quickly you lower your standards and justify actions that once repulsed you, just to get high or not get sick. It happens millions of times all over the world on a daily basis to people from all walks of life, all background, and all education levels. From poor teens from the ghetto who had very little chance of ever escaping, all the way to highly educated and well-bred doctors, lawyers, and stock brokers, just to name a few. People whom were raised in terrible homes with childhood sexual, physical, and mental abuse. People who were raised in loving homes with happy childhoods and bright futures, and everyone in between. Soccer mom's, politicians, and barbers, school teachers, police officers, and grocery store cashiers, welder and soldiers, elderly women and men, teens with their whole lives ahead of them, judges, psychiatrists and, addiction Counselors, criminals, actors and national heroes Little League coaches and Nurses. No one is immune...NO ONE...not even you.

A little example for you. Please read it carefully and slowly and take it very seriously. The following is an almost exact play-by-play of MILLIONS of people's lives. Each one may vary slightly but, in the end, they are ALL the same. Please read it every day if you must. Memorize it. Print it. Carry it in your wallet if you have to. Hang it on your wall. Hell, hang it on your friends walls, your brother's, anyone you care about. It isn't the greatest piece of writing ever produced but it's the content, not the quality that counts in this instance. It could be the difference between life and.....

You start with small doses of heroin, most likely snorting it. Then it gets to the point where you need to snort so much heroin that it is no longer financially possible for you to continue. You learn, through a new addict friend, or dealer, that IV heroin is much more cost-effective than snorting. You vow, just as you vow now that you'll never become addicted, that you will never use a needle.... EVER. Then, one day, you run out of money. You already sold your car, lost your home to foreclosure because you chose buying the drugs your body and mind crave over paying your mortgage. You now live in a shitty little apartment anyway, so you justify selling your furniture, your belongings, your great-grandmother's treasured wedding ring, for money to support your habit. You have to make a choice. Either do 1 last line, then anxiously wait for the excruciating withdrawls to start, or buy the heroin and have your new junkie friend loan you a syringe and help you inject for the first time. Out of desperation. Just theses few times, until you get your next welfare check or until can sell your food stamps to get enough dope to go back to snorting. You lost your job because you were too busy trying to find the money for dope to go to work, and because you called out "sick " so many times because you were in withdrawls and couldn't get out of bed. It's justified now that you have no other choice. You've just lowered your standards in that instant to accept the fact that it is the only Way to feel ok, therefore it's alright. just this once, or twice, or seventeen times. Since you are now a serious addict with a very costly, very dangerous, and very illegal habit that you MUST maintain, you love it and never look back. It feels SO GOOD and saves so much money! It's a miracle, and it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. It's the only way! Why haven't you been doing it all along!?
Don't forget that this whole time, every day, your tolerance and need INCREASES. Your family stopped talking to you a while ago and your mother cries every night in secrecy for the child she once knew. You are so depressed with the person you have become that you want to die, but can't bring yourself to waste enough dope to Finish yourself off. It's common practice now steal from your grandmother, lie to you parents, and beg and borrow money from relatives and friends under the guise of a flat tire you can't afford to fix, or a vet bill that suddenly popped up, so many times without repaying it that your family no longer sees you or allows you into their homes. Your brother lost his car because he put it up for your bail the last time you got arrested for shoplifting, and will no longer speak to you because you chose meeting up with your dealer over appearing in court on time. Your sister wrote you off when you stole her precious mother's ring to pawn it for drugs. Your cousin shut you out when you emptied her daughter's piggy bank during last year's family Christmas party. They have given up on you and, although they hope the old you will come back someday, they have already grieved for you as if you have died.
Your new family is one you can relate to. Criminals, thieves, and junkies, just like you. They know you. They understand you, they accept you just like you are. To them, you are family too because you are the only one that understands them and will allow them in your life. They have lost everything and everyone that ever meant anything to them, just like you have, so your next fix and those that sell it to you, or do it with you, become the only pitiful and depressing family they have left, just like they are to you.
One day, you wake up in a strange grungy apartment with a needle still hanging from a your arm, track marks all over your body, and a face staring back at you from the mirror that you don't even recognize. Gaunt, pale, hollow, with eyes as flat and lifeless as old pennies. For a fleeting second you cry inside for the person you once were and the life and love that you once had. Then you turn away and slide a dirty dull needle into your arm, a flash of crimson, a taste of metal, and are embraced by the darkness that awaits in the golden brown liquid. You are gone...the person you were is no longer and the spark, the potential, the joy and life you once had before you disappears as you slip into a cold and empty nothingness. You disappear forever. Either the cold black hand of death takes you or your soul is snuffed out. They are one-in-the-same. A precious life, your life, so full of potential and with such a bright and joyful future, disappears like it never happened, and is gone with the push of a $.25 plastic plunger crusted with your own dried blood. Don't do it....please. Take the advice of those of us who are where you will be if you do this. Take the advice and learn from those who have gone before you.
Go outside, walk in the sunshine and dance under the moonlight. Catch snowflakes on your tongue and splash in the puddles. Visit your loved ones and friends and focus on how their laughter makes your heart feel content, and carry it with you, always. Snuggle with your dog and cuddle your purring kitten. Remember your little brother's grin, the feel of your mother's comforting hand in your's as you stroll through the park, or your father's smile, a smile that felt like coming home, as you fished in the lake when you were 7.
Remember your sloppy awkward first kiss, the way your cheeks got hot and you couldn't stifle your giggle, or your lover, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, fiancé, or partner and the way they made your stomach flutter with the beat of a thousand butterfly wings when they held your hand, looked into your eyes, and said I love you for the very first time. Hug you kids and think of the day they were born. How you loved them so much before they were even born that you would have given your life the exact shining moment they took their first breath simply for them to be happy. Watch the fireworks flashing brightly, feel the soundwaves vibrate through your body, and remember how they inspired awe in you as a child.
Look at your yearbook from High School. Daydream about your secret crush, or how it will feel when you finally get the job you have been dreaming of your whole life. Imagine your graduation, the bright flashes of cameras, smiling parents, and mortarboards flying into the air as you cheer and charge into your future. Think back to the pride you felt when you bought your first old clunker car, or the day you got your license.
Now picture your life the way I just described our lives as addicts and walk in the direction that makes you feel warm and at peace. Chose your future wisely, as there is no turning back from the path of darkness. It grows and closes over behind you, leaving you nowhere to go but deeper and deeper into the black void of nothing. I hope you choose not to give up everything you can have and be for the empty waking nightmare that lies ahead if you swallow that pill and head down that dark and empty path. Walk towards the light.

quality albeit tl;dr post tbh
stick around

Last edited:
I will add don't do it as well.

Nothing over the counter worthwhile in the US- even with a CWE the codeine will have something else in it to ruin the buzz I believe (caffeine for example which will take a lot of fun out of the buzz anyway b/c it will be too much).

You could order kratom- but as said even that may be a stepping stone to addiction. Also, poppy pods (dried "for floral arrangements") at least used to be orderable (not sure anymore).

There is the arguement that maybe you are an opioid addict already because you are seeking them and it is inevitable. But this is far from proven so you don't have to make sure you prove it right.

IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST GET SOMETHING: I would say kratom followed by pods. Or if you knew someone who has T3s or maybe even hyrdocodone which I find most people find pretty weak (codeine is sort of a "messy" drug and this is harm reduction- so if you are going to go for something don't overdue codeine if you aren't feeling it right (has to be converted to morphine and not everyone converts it as well- my sis who is a nurse practitioner says she would never prescribe codeine because of its unpredictability other than maybe a few rare cases; she would just go to one of the more predictable ones)- if you DO (which you shouldn't) get hydrocodone a dose of 10mgs is probably a good starting point for a high. But your tolerance will raise and there is quite a good amount of APAP in hydrocodone preparations.

There are RCs and even ones milder than the fents but I wouldn't recommend any of them to someone not used to opioids. Either too potent/addictive still or were crappy and people didn't enjoy them. Also, we don't really know the full extent of their effects.

I am going to have to go with cjh as well as the other posters here. I cannot make a choice for you, but I can give you my experience. The progression happens so subtly that the first time you are dope sick, you think you just have a cold, by then your body is physically addicted and turning back is incredibly hard.

Laugh love fuck and drink liquor....thats what you should be doing at your age OP.

My honest answer: Don't try ANY of the traditional refined/synthetic/semi-synthetic opiods. No oxycodone, no morphine, no hydromorphone, NO HEROIN, not even hydrocodone.

A LOT of people try opiods and think 'what's all the fuss about?', but others, like me, try them and think 'this is IT! I want to feel like this all the time!'
If you're the former, you don't have much to worry about, but if you're the latter, you could end up in a literal world of shit.

If you are hell bent on wanting to feel what opiod vibes feel like, try 2.5 of good kratom powder and drink a beer with it (then stop). Probably the safest, most reasonable answer I can think of.

Will also through my hat in the don't do it camp. If you are really searching for that feeling, take a nice vigorous hike, even better go for a 3 day backpacking trip in some mountains, in my experience this is a much more satisfying feeling. I have tried both methods (opiates/hiking) for many years each and I can say after many years of experimenting, hiking wins by a long shot.

As far as im concerned if you have to ask that question you should not be doing them and avoid them all together. An uneducated adventure into opiates for no reason will onky lead to disaster. We see this post now and if you continue we will see a post from you in the not so distant future on how you destroyed your life and how your methadone or sub treatment is going. Just avoid them.

There are no opiates that you can obtain over the counter as they are controlled narcotics. Kratom may give you the feeling you are looking for but it can also be habit forming, something you do NOT want to deal with. Opiate w/d is WORSE than giving birth to a child.

I do not mean to be rude but if you are inquiring as to obtaining controlled substances over the counter than I can safely assume you are very inexperienced to what opiates truly are and the reality of addiction, w/d, overdose and sadly, the very real chance of death they carry with them. Over 10-years ago fell in love with them (due to a medical procedure) and by late 20's, full blown heroin addict. It started with taking Percocet randomly and as tolerance grew and as the years passed it ended in shooting dope, something everyone swears they would never do and a statement which most current and former heroin addicts will contend to.

The "safest" way to do whatever you end up taking is to research what you have, take it in small doses until you know what dose is comfortable for you (remember, everyone is different so a dose a friend may take may be too much for you) and to use it sparingly. By sparingly I mean every once in a while. Taking opiates (Kratom included) even just a few days a week for 2-3 weeks will absolutely cause your body to become physically dependent.

I know I said don't do it and I stand by that, but still I feel like threads like these need the comment that not everyone who does opiates ends up addicted or ending up doing Heroin, I mean shit I did but I also know plenty of people that have done codeine a couple of times and not really liked it and never done it again. The inherent danger is if you do like it, then yes you've most likely started on the slippery slope.

So... Just be careful